Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    4 turnovers
    Yeah there's a stat that the team that wins turnover battle wins 77% of the time. Of course some of that has the causation reversed (if you're behind you tend to be more aggressive and commit more turnovers) but any team that commits 4 turnovers early in the playoffs is most likely gonna lose the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    No freaking kidding, it was jarring how often they stepped over each other. I dunno why Romo was missing from the booth but if that ever happens again they need a better backup plan than that.
    Romo tested positive for COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Romo tested positive for COVID.
    I wonder if they just shouldn't have had a different team call the game, it would have been better than Romo and Nantz tripping over each other the whole game.

Hmm... field goal, punt, touchdown, punt, touchdown. Another punt touchdown combo and we've got a stew going.

Don't look now, Steelers are closing the gap. If I was a Cleveland fan I'd be having a heart attack right now.

Been a good weekend for the never punt crew.

Deciding to not go for it on 4th and 1 near midfield and punting down 12. Now they are down 19.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    And that should do it there.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

On the Bears and Trubisky... I know he's not an elite player, but I just wonder about these teams that have a bad qb and just play super conservative all the time. Bears have been 26, 29, 21, and 30th in yards gained on offense over the past 4 seasons. Trubisky has a not terrible QB rating of 87 over that timeframe and completed 64% of his passes. As a Giants fan, the thing that I always loved about Eli was even though he wasn't great, they at least tried to put up numbers with him at QB. And yes, he threw a ton of interceptions, but they won some shootouts that way too and had 6 top 10 offenses while he was QB.

I feel like these teams that try to win by minimizing mistakes just guarantee that they have a bad offense. I think they're better off playing more risky and living with the extra turnovers. And hey, maybe the QB gets better!

I just looked up Ben Roethlisberger... over his first 5 years he threw interceptions on 3.5% of his pass attempts and averaged 7.9 yards per attempt. Trubisky has thrown interceptions on 2.3% of his attempts and averaged 6.9 yards per attempt. I don't get how the Bears expect this guy to develop when he's playing with handcuffs on.

- - - Updated - - -

Deciding to not go for it on 4th and 1 near midfield and punting down 12. Now they are down 19.
    Wow, the 4th down bots are saying that they dropped their chances of winning from 18% to 11% by punting there. That wasn't even close to the right decision.
    Last edited by Scrod; 2021-01-11 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    And that should do it there.
    And if that didn't.

That did.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Wow, the 4th down bots are saying that they dropped their chances of winning from 18% to 11% by punting there. That wasn't even close to the right decision.
    Didn't even need to know the math to know it was the wrong choice. 4th and 1 almost anywhere on the field is worth going for it many times, but in a playoff game and you're down that much?

To top it off the Steelers take their sweet ass time on the last drive and another turnover while wasting time. GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Yeah there's a stat that the team that wins turnover battle wins 77% of the time. Of course some of that has the causation reversed (if you're behind you tend to be more aggressive and commit more turnovers) but any team that commits 4 turnovers early in the playoffs is most likely gonna lose the game.
    Makes it more impressive how clean the browns have played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Doubt it happens but hey Browns can you guys go on a Cinderella run to the AFC Championship?

Sincrely, people who hate repeat champions.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.

Almost identical to the titans decision earlier. And just as bad or worse. And that one was historically bad. Literally - they showed the percentages since like 2009
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Just think, if the Steelers didn't rest half a team last week and beat the Browns, they wouldn't have had their teeth kicked in by them again tonight.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Just think, if the Steelers didn't rest half a team last week and beat the Browns, they wouldn't have had their teeth kicked in by them again tonight.
    Instead they'd get their teeth kicked in by I think the Colts.

Bucs must be having ptsd getting the saints again after being their kryptonite twice already

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Instead they'd get their teeth kicked in by I think the Colts.
    Even if they'd have won, they'd still have been the 3rd seed. And actually, Pitt winning last week would have been enough for Miami to clinch the 7th seed, so they would have still ended up playing the #6, the Browns.

"I think they're still the same Browns team I play every year."
    -Juju Smith-Schuster

I don’t even think Oklahoma has ever choked as bad as the Steelers did the 2nd half of the season.