At least he can point to migraines and fire himself when things go badly.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    It's weird that I have absolutely no opinion on the Meyer hire. Like his success feels entirely disconnected from his own quality as a coach. This is a team that's all about Trevor Lawrence.

Also hang on don't the Jags still have a GM position to fill?
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Also hang on don't the Jags still have a GM position to fill?
    It's odd to me that some teams seem to be moving back to giving coaches control over the franchise, with GM's as just a guy that does draft/contract stuff.

Bill O'Brien got total control, the Panthers are searching for a GM to fit their coach, who seems to have a lot of say in things, and now the Jags are ready to hand over the franchise keys to their coach.

I thought that trend died out completely after people figured out that Belichick was an aberation and after Andy Reid left Philly and took up the KC job without going back to being coach/GM like he had been with the Eagles.

It's certainly one way to solve the kind of issues that the Eagles ran into, where there's constant friction between front office and coaching staff about who gets to decide on certain things. But as the Bill O'Brien experiment showed, too much control can backfire spectacularly.

The Bills hired Sean McDermott before Brandon Beane. It's not unheard of.

I'm more interested in Meyer can build a good roster with a salary cap. Never had to do that in college. Sure, he could recruit, but that's largely irrelevant here. I don't know anyone who's going to Jacksonville just because Meyer is coaching there.

Jets are hiring Robert Salah to be their next coach. This is now the most important OC job in the entire NFL.

- - - Updated - - -

And it didn't take long to find out the OC for the Jets. Saleh is bringing along Mike LaFleur, brother of the Packers' coach.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1349919999209598985
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.

All those Michigan lawmakers are gonna be bummed that Saleh is off the market.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    All those Michigan lawmakers are gonna be bummed that Saleh is off the market.
    Well they're getting the next best thing.... Dan Campbell. *snrk*

Also Atlanta looks to be landing Arthur Smith.

Bienemy's once again not getting a job, isn't he. Folks must be real scared of the Andy Reid OCs after Nagy and Pederson.

Still some job openings left, Chargers isn't bad, Texans is a nightmare, and Philly is ???
    /s

Well they're getting the next best thing.... Dan Campbell. *snrk*

Also Atlanta looks to be landing Arthur Smith.

Bienemy's once again not getting a job, isn't he. Folks must be real scared of the Andy Reid OCs after Nagy and Pederson.
    As soon as the Philly job opened, my first thought was that was where he’d land. Nagy has been to the playoffs two out of three seasons. Pederson has a Super Bowl. The Eagles issues are a product of injuries and Howie Roseman. Chicago needs a QB(Trubisky never should have gone that high, that’s a Ryan Pace thing).

Ignoring the elephant in the room, Bienemy is allegedly not interviewing well and has some issues in his past. I’d still be shocked if he’s not hired, but who knows.

Still some job openings left, Chargers isn't bad, Texans is a nightmare, and Philly is ???
    Okay speaking of Philly, why the hell does Twitter seem to want them to hire Gase? Is this just a popular troll job or are people in Philly that dysfunctional?

Bienemy's once again not getting a job, isn't he.
    Part of it is just because the ways the rules work in the NFL and teams being in such a hurry to get the next guy in and working on the team. I personally see no reason to rush it and not wait a few weeks for other quality candidates to be done with the postseason.

Doesn’t Bieniemy have a ton of off the field problems that are never brought up for some reason? They may be a factor in him not getting hired.

The Jags with Meyer and Lawrence are going to be must watch for me. Whether it works out or not, its going to be interesting.

I'm glad the Jets hired Saleh. ONe less place for Daboll to go.

But the Chargers being very quiet about their coaching search makes me think they're waiting for Daboll or Bienemy. Daboll with Herbert would be disastrous for us, but at least it wouldn't be in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Doesn’t Bieniemy have a ton of off the field problems that are never brought up for some reason?
    I was curious why Bienemy wasn't getting any invites too until I learned about his past. Now I suspect he won't ever get a HC gig.

I just don't think teams want that kind of bagage from the guy that is supposed to be the unquestioned leader and example of the on field franchise.

Falcons hire Arthur Smith as new head coach

Falcons hire Arthur Smith as the new head coach.

Looking at someone from the Bears for the passing coordinator. Whatever that is.

Guess we shall what happens next and with the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I was curious why Bienemy wasn't getting any invites too until I learned about his past. Now I suspect he won't ever get a HC gig.

I just don't think teams want that kind of bagage from the guy that is supposed to be the unquestioned leader and example of the on field franchise.
    Didn't stop Vance Joseph (he was part of the Colorado rape scandal too) from getting hired. Bienemy has a longer list of issues though.

Saints, packers, chiefs...bills.

Bills one I’m most conflicted about. I don’t think any look like a lock but this one is especially iffy. It could end up a low scoring game just because of how much running there will be and time gets killed. And neither team looked great last week. Ravens benefited from poor Titans coaching decisions in the last 5 min, ironically compared to last year. I could see either team blowing out the other. I guess it depends on if one can get an early lead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Didn't stop Vance Joseph (he was part of the Colorado rape scandal too) from getting hired. Bienemy has a longer list of issues though.
    I had to look him up to see what controversy would actually be enough to make a team take pause in hiring someone. His controversy wiki section has 7 entries, each pretty damning. Though the most recent one is 16 years old and most are from the 90s. Either he mellowed or learned to hide it better.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-01-16 at 03:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Okay speaking of Philly, why the hell does Twitter seem to want them to hire Gase? Is this just a popular troll job or are people in Philly that dysfunctional?
    Troll basically--it's the same copy/pasted response to a bunch of Eagles related tweets. Not that we aren't dysfunctional, but no one wants Adam Gase.

Given the current sentiment from fans, which is already basically no faith in the owner and GM, actual riots may happen if he was hired.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I had to look him up to see what controversy would actually be enough to make a team take pause in hiring someone. His controversy wiki section has 7 entries, each pretty damning. Though the most recent one is 16 years old and most are from the 90s. Either he mellowed or learned to hide it better.
    It would just be a PR mess if a team hired him at this point in time, since for some reason this year is the one that the information is more wide spread. Doesn't help everyone knows Andy Reid is the guy behind their offense.

Von Miller under investigation in Denver, allegedly for DV. If there is anything to it, the Broncos might be playing without their face for awhile.

I think I’m going Packers, Ravens, Chiefs and Bucs.
    - My gut says the Rams defense could keep them hanging around but Arod is going to be too much.
    - I’m still not totally sold on Buffalo and the Ravens have looked good. The Bills should win, but I think Lamar pulls it off.
    - Sorry Cleveland, you’ve got no chance.
    - I’m waffling on this one. It’s hard to beat a team three times in a year. And this is Tom Brady in the playoffs. I refuse to bet against him.