The Ravens scored 20 points on the 24th scoring defense in the league last week, the Bills scored 27 on the 4th ranked scoring defense last week. I don't know why people are so down on the Bills - they played a REALLY GOOD DEFENSE and still scored 27 points on them.

Now, the Ravens are the 2nd ranked scoring defense, but our last two weeks we've played the #1 (Miami, needing a win to get in), and the #4 (Indy) and scored 56/27 on them respectively.

Also, the Ravens are the #1 team in the league for blitzing, and playing Cover 0. You know who the #1 QB against the blitz/Cover 0 is? Josh motherfuckin' Allen. Either they stay with how they play and risk Allen burning them, or they play more zone to try and contain Allen, which isn't their forte. It's a big decision.

If the Bills get ahead and the Ravens can't run and kill clock, it's the Bills. The Ravens have to hang in and keep it close so they can stick to their gameplan. If they do, I consider it 50/50.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the other games, I'll pick Packers over Rams, Bucs over Saints (just because I want the Bills to exorcise the Tom Brady demons in the SB), Chiefs over Browns (even though I want the Browns).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Packers, Saints, Chiefs, Bills.

I just feel like last week was an abberation and the Good Bills drop 35+ on the Ravens.

Also if the Browns win I sure won't complain.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Von Miller under investigation in Denver, allegedly for DV. If there is anything to it, the Broncos might be playing without their face for awhile.
    He most likely wasn't going to be back at his current cap hit, and he kind of threw a fit when asked about taking less money on a radio show. Not being very good in 2019, then missing all of this year and not really losing any production hurt his case even before this came out. His replacement led the team in sacks and TFL (Chubb did miss 2 games though).

Well Arthur Smith is officially hired by the Falcons. Now they need to find him a RB.

Also bad news for Escha, reporting is the favorite for the Chargers is.... Daboll.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.

Meanwhile, nobody wants the Lions job.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    - I’m waffling on this one. It’s hard to beat a team three times in a year.
    Just know that for this stat since 1982 the home team in the 3rd time facing a team in a season is 12-5, the last team to do it? 2017 New Orleans Saints. It is an interesting factoid for sure. I was curious since the talking heads love to say 'it is hard to beat the same team 3 times in a season' when the numbers say the opposite.

This is since the NFL merger in 1970, it has happened 21 times total but 4 of those were the road team winning 3 times in a season.

Edit: There is at least one missing from the article, that would be '99 jags who lost 3 times to the Titans in that season.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-01-16 at 07:08 PM.

I'm jealous of the falcons. He was the best coaching prospect this year. My home team is going to be stuck in mediocrity for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Just know that for this stat since 1982 the home team in the 3rd time facing a team in a season is 12-5, the last team to do it? 2017 New Orleans Saints. It is an interesting factoid for sure. I was curious since the talking heads love to say 'it is hard to beat the same team 3 times in a season' when the numbers say the opposite.

This is since the NFL merger in 1970, it has happened 21 times total but 4 of those were the road team winning 3 times in a season.

Edit: There is at least one missing from the article, that would be '99 jags who lost 3 times to the Titans in that season.
    Ugh. The last thing we need is Brady in the Superbowl. As a Falcons fan, it pains me to say. "GO SAINTS"!!!

The only game that feels debatable is Bucs/Saints, and it's just easy to predict the Saints lose in yet another magnificent fashion.

Surprised by all the bucs talk when they were resoundingly beat both times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Josh McDaniels gets his first HC interview this season, with the Eagles. https://twitter.com/Bo_Wulf/status/1350534496660152329

Would be weird that after the Patriots worst season, especially offensively, in a decade that he'd finally get a job again.

Would also mean re-tooling on the offensive staff again, after the litany of changes the Patriots have had on staff the last 2 years. I was getting ready for some continuity again and hopefully build up with the young guys we have that are worth anything.

Kinda hoping that the job passes him by again.

I was thinking this playoff season would be very different due to lack of home field advantage, but all my picks this round are still home teams. I think Bills Ravens might be a tossup depending on which Lamar shows up.

Against any other team I'd be wetting the bed right now but the Rams are a team you can beat just going FG, FG, FG, FG, TD....

This Packers team looks strong. Maybe it's the Rams being meh.

I just don't want to hear about how Brady is the only QB in history to win a Superbowl in HIS homestadium.

Okay nevermind we're going to absolutely destroy the Rams.

Bring on the Saints! (please be the saints we already lost to Tampa once)

At least Goff is playing well, it stinks to lose because of injured QBs, if they lose it will just be because the Packers outplay them.

- - - Updated - - -

If the Rams pass defense is playing well, just run them to death...
    /s

This game is weird. Ravens running it 80% of the time, while the Bills throwing it 80% of the time.

Did tucker find out someone was fucking his wife at the end of the season
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Tucker just needs to doink it off the crossbar now. That might be hard unless he tries a 65 yarder though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    This game is weird. Ravens running it 80% of the time, while the Bills throwing it 80% of the time.
    Makes sense for the Ravens, they are better off running 100% of the time. Kind of strange for the Bills to only have 1 run and it being Josh Allen.

So I didn't realize just how nuts the Packers doing what they did was.

31 points, 400 total yards, 3 TDs for Rodgers, 1 TD for Jones, all against the #1 Scoring and Yardage defense.

If they play like that against any of the other teams left they have a legit shot at winning the Super Bowl.

- - - Updated - - -

Also man the Bills are just weird. These games never feel in doubt but boy if they don't just not pass the eyeball test these last two weeks.