Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Panthers signed PJ Walker. Nice to see someone that performed well in the XFL get another NFL shot.

They also traded Kyle Allen to the Redskins, guess they didn't like the idea of him being their backup again.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    They'll still be ok without a consistent O. Playoffs wouldn't surprise me on the back of a D.
    A D that has bled talent pretty bad with no signs of replacement this year.

I honestly think people will be shocked when the Pats post a losing record this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Panthers signed PJ Walker. Nice to see someone that performed well in the XFL get another NFL shot.

They also traded Kyle Allen to the Redskins, guess they didn't like the idea of him being their backup again.
    Also says a lot about Cam that Kyle Allen was traded to Ron Rivera instead of him.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Herald of the Titans ProphetFlume's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    A D that has bled talent pretty bad with no signs of replacement this year.

I honestly think people will be shocked when the Pats post a losing record this year.
    I think most people expect them to do poorly, I feel pretty confident they'll still make the playoffs, even moreso with the extra team getting in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Also says a lot about Cam that Kyle Allen was traded to Ron Rivera instead of him.
    It REALLY doesn't. The different in cap hit between them is $18.5 million, and between Alex Smith & Haskins, Washington has $25 million committed to QBs. Plus, why would Washington hire a new coach that doesn't want to work with Haskins, they fired the last guy that didn't. Nonsense comparison in contract and need, between Allen & Newton - a cheap backup that can help install a new offense and work with the other QBs in the room is what they needed and what they got.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Rams logo is horrible but at least they're sticking with the good colors.
    /s

Chargers are making Powder Blue their new base color. They officially win the LA uniform battle.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Broncos signed Sam Martin. Probably the most important Elway signing so far, even at his worst he is still far better than Wadman. Then again, with the history of Broncos punters he will probably struggle.

At least 1 LA team made a good decision, really don't understand the Rams new logo.

Cam Newton officially released. Man, assuming this season goes on normally, it's gonna be so weird. Every year there are big names seen on different teams, but Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, and Cam playing on different ones is just so crazy, given how long each have been at their respective places.

Receiver market is heating up

Robby Anderson to Carolina
    Perriman to the Jets
    Dorsett to Seattle
    Funchess to Green Bay
    /s

Damn, Travis Frederick retired. Everyone is retiring this year.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Cam Newton officially released. Man, assuming this season goes on normally, it's gonna be so weird. Every year there are big names seen on different teams, but Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, and Cam playing on different ones is just so crazy, given how long each have been at their respective places.
    Been saying that Cam was one serious injury away from being out of the league. I don't see him staying in for a couple more years unless he's a complete backup. But who wants a head case as a backup to be bored and ruin the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Been saying that Cam was one serious injury away from being out of the league. I don't see him staying in for a couple more years unless he's a complete backup. But who wants a head case as a backup to be bored and ruin the locker room.
    I feel like he's a victim of the current circumstances. If he could take a physical maybe he lands on the Bears or Chargers. As it stands now, he might just have to sit out 2020. Or take a cheap one year deal somewhere like Miami.

I feel like he's a victim of the current circumstances. If he could take a physical maybe he lands on the Bears or Chargers. As it stands now, he might just have to sit out 2020. Or take a cheap one year deal somewhere like Miami.
    Cam has always been a run and then take the hit guy. It seems always destined for a big injury. Just needed or needs to learn to protect himself better.

So the Cowboys have Legatron now, which is interesting. Didn't realize they were looking.

I'm preparing myself for disappointment. The one year that the stars line up for the Bills to actually do something (playoff team that made good offseason moves, Brady gone, etc) and the apocalypse happens. I had been joking with friends for years that something like this would happen once the Bills made a jump to relevancy
    Last edited by dwightyo39; 2020-04-03 at 07:50 AM.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Denver somehow re-signed Shelby Harris to a 1 year deal for only $3.25 mill. Really no idea how he didn't get a decent contract considering the bad players teams overpaid. Even that bad backup TE Denver signed is making $3 mill this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I'm preparing myself for disappointment. The one years that the stars line up for the Bills to actually do something (playoff team that made good offseason moves, Brady gone, etc) and the apocalypse happens. I had been joking with friends for years that something like this would happen once the Bills made a jump to relevancy
    Just remember even though the Pats have more Super Bowl wins than everyone. They are also tied for the most Super-bowl losses.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I'm preparing myself for disappointment. The one years that the stars line up for the Bills to actually do something (playoff team that made good offseason moves, Brady gone, etc) and the apocalypse happens. I had been joking with friends for years that something like this would happen once the Bills made a jump to relevancy
    I'm actually really excited for this year since the Diggs trade. I hope to god the season doesn't get canceled.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about you guys, but at this point, the NFL draft could be 32 team reps sitting in 32 separate rooms, all teleconferenced into NFL HQ, and I'd watch the rep whose on the clock and analyze his facial twitches.

I don't even need the war room cams or the Skype interviews with draftees at this point, that's how much I miss football and sports in general. Usually soccer and hockey playoffs are whetting my appetite in football offseason, now I'm just going fucking mad.

Derek Wolfe to the Ravens for almost twice as much as Shelby Harris got, despite Harris being a better player while actually playing full seasons. I think he needs a new agent.

The draft this year might be better than recent years, they have too much extra garbage going on that delays picks being announced.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm actually really excited for this year since the Diggs trade. I hope to god the season doesn't get canceled.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about you guys, but at this point, the NFL draft could be 32 team reps sitting in 32 separate rooms, all teleconferenced into NFL HQ, and I'd watch the rep whose on the clock and analyze his facial twitches.

I don't even need the war room cams or the Skype interviews with draftees at this point, that's how much I miss football and sports in general. Usually soccer and hockey playoffs are whetting my appetite in football offseason, now I'm just going fucking mad.
    I've considered getting Madden and FIFA again just to have sports!!!! UGH!

Trump had a conference call with all the sports commissioners today, and said he "hoped to have people back in stadiums and arenas by August or September." He also said he expected the NFL season to start on time.

The only reaction to that I saw was from Gavin Newsom, gov'r of California, who said he doesn't expect that to be the case, in the nicest way possible.