Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Whatever you think about the details of the trade, Stafford throwing to Woods and Kupp is going to be a lot of fun to watch. Throw in that defense and they’re going to be SB or bust for at least the next couple years.
    Outside of the padded stats Stafford has from historically throwing a lot when behind and playing 100 more games, Goff has been a better QB, won playoff games, and been to the super bowl. Stafford has never come up big when it mattered even in college. Not to mention he is a walking injury, multiple back/spine issues in the last 3 seasons, multiple throwing had/arm issues his whole career. Lions fleeced the Rams. Rams may have 1 PO run with Stafford before things implode.

2011 Lions had on of the best defenses in the league and Stafford couldn't win. 4 INTs in 3 games in the playoffs with below career average stats. All while he had Calvin Johnson. Like you said Dude is fun to watch, a total gamer. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams miss the playoffs next season.

The less said about Goff in that SB the better for everyone.

Lions also didn't have Calvin Johnson for the 2015 playoff game as he'd already retired before that season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Why do so many clueless people associate team wins with how good a player is? Football isn't basketball, 1 player can't win a game themselves. Anyone with a clue knows why the Lions lose all of the time, and 1 player isn't going to make them suddenly win. This also applies to 2 players, 1 QB and 1 WR will never make bad teams win a game themselves.

The 2011 Lions defense was 23rd in both yards (bad metric, but people use it) and points per game. The only time the Lions have had a top 10 defense in recent memory was 2014, and they lost to the Cowboys (one of the top offenses that year) by 4 points.

2011 Lions defense gave up over 600 yards to the Saints in the playoff loss. Stafford wasn't very good, but he didn't give up 35 second half points.
    /s

I forgot this was SB weekend. Brady had quite a season when you look back. Getting publicly called out by Arians after losing game one and the "fourth down?" meme, not winning their division. Getting swept by the saints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Andy Reid's son, the Chiefs OLB coach, hit a car while drunk driving and put a 5 year old in the hospital with life threatening injuries.

Unbelievable that anyone could be that reckless. I hope he rots in prison.

The Saints got $24 mill in cap space messing with Brees's contract. Only need to find $80 mill to get under the cap...

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Andy Reid's son, the Chiefs OLB coach, hit a car while drunk driving and put a 5 year old in the hospital with life threatening injuries.

Unbelievable that anyone could be that reckless. I hope he rots in prison.
    Andy Reid's sons don't seem to make the best decisions.

I've been not reacting to Brees' potential retirement just because I didn't want to go through it all again when he eventually announced it. Unless he is going to play 2021 for the veteran minimum, which seems unlikely given his history, this just about does it.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    I've been not reacting to Brees' potential retirement just because I didn't want to go through it all again when he eventually announced it. Unless he is going to play 2021 for the veteran minimum, which seems unlikely given his history, this just about does it.
    Yeah the Saints are moving on the assumption he's gone. Which means he's gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the Eagles trading Wentz this week has gone about the way of the Lions trading Stafford. Said it was not happening, then said they were getting a lot of calls, then said it's going to happen by the end of the week.

And apparently the Bears were the last known frontrunner.

- - - Updated - - -

Packers land Rams Asisstant HC/Linebackers Coach Joe Barry as their new DC.
    https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/sta...79671586660352

Solid grab IMO. Hopefully means they're going to actually put resources into rebuilding the middle of that defense.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well the Eagles trading Wentz this week has gone about the way of the Lions trading Stafford. Said it was not happening, then said they were getting a lot of calls, then said it's going to happen by the end of the week.

And apparently the Bears were the last known frontrunner.
    I saw either Colts or Bears. Colts kind of make sense because they have the cap space and only have Jacob Eason on their roster at QB. Bears don't have any cap space, but they only have Foles, so who knows what they are doing.

Saints are about to be in trouble with the league for the 3rd time due to COVID protocols, apparently mainly due to:

https://twitter.com/JeffDuncan_/stat...23607093202945

"Alvin Kamara's refusal to wear the contract tracing device issued by the NFL and mandated for all players and coaches was an internal issue all season, multiple team sources said. Because of this, the league had no way to trace Kamara's close contacts after he tested positive."

Saints already lost a pick, and it sounds like they are due to lose more and get fined again on top. APPARENTLY this is also depending on what measures they take internally.

I wonder if this is the League's way of forcing the Saints to finally do something about a player who put the whole team and with it the whole league at risk, when the Saints themselves were clearly not willing to do anything.

Will be interesting how this turns out and who ultimately is to blame.

Saints are about to be in trouble with the league for the 3rd time due to COVID protocols, apparently mainly due to:

https://twitter.com/JeffDuncan_/stat...23607093202945

"Alvin Kamara's refusal to wear the contract tracing device issued by the NFL and mandated for all players and coaches was an internal issue all season, multiple team sources said. Because of this, the league had no way to trace Kamara's close contacts after he tested positive."

Saints already lost a pick, and it sounds like they are due to lose more and get fined again on top. APPARENTLY this is also depending on what measures they take internally.

I wonder if this is the League's way of forcing the Saints to finally do something about a player who put the whole team and with it the whole league at risk, when the Saints themselves were clearly not willing to do anything.

Will be interesting how this turns out and who ultimately is to blame.
    Do you think Kamara should get fined and suspended a few games as well? Maybe Payton?

The whole thing is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Do you think Kamara should get fined and suspended a few games as well? Maybe Payton?

I could see this turning into quite the legal mess with Kamara taking the route that his rights were infringed upon by trying to force tracing devices. If he was a problem all season then fuck him. As a Saints fan someone being that selfish risking people's lives should have been fined, benched, forced to sit games/deactivated. Saints are big time in the wrong putting winning over the safety of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I could see this turning into quite the legal mess with Kamara taking the route that his rights were infringed upon by trying to force tracing devices.
    I'm not sure it is. Every player signs a contract that says they will play by the rules set up by the League and the NFL Players Association. And those 2 made a deal that was implemented and agreed upon. So I think Kamara's rights stop there.

No real surprises in the NFL honors aside from megatron being a first ballot HOF.

Wilson won WPMOTY award too. Hes done a ton for the Seattle area. Between the visit to the childrens hospital every week, tuition free charter school for kids, 1m meals when covid first hit. I also heard recently hes doing some sorta program for domestic violence victims as well. Definitely earned it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post

Kamara should absolutely get I'd say 3+ games next season. If Payton turned a blind eye to it he should get fined at the least.

If the organization was lax on this, honestly take their 1st round pick.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Tom Flores is finally in the Hall of Fame, my boycott can end.

Which is good because I would have hated missing Charles Woodson's induction.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

I'm not sure it is. Every player signs a contract that says they will play by the rules set up by the League and the NFL Players Association. And those 2 made a deal that was implemented and agreed upon. So I think Kamara's rights stop there.
    That's fine with me, he needs a massive fine, suspension for multiple games and the Saints need fined/docked picks as well. There is no excuse to risk lives with covid.

John Lynch getting in before LeRoy Butler is a joke.