Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yep turns out you beat Patrick Mahomes by pressuring him. Just like any QB. The Chiefs' strength is their O-Line, and honestly the Bucs got really lucky to face two teams in Green Bay and KC that were dealing with O-Line injuries at the time.
    Pretty much. It gets a lot easier when the team you are playing has a makeshift O-line and cannot handle a basic rush anymore.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Is Canada n Latin America interested in this sport, or is it strictly a US thing?
    in Brazil, the NBA and the NFL are arguably more popular than any national league except for soccer First Division league. MLB and NHL not so popular though.

Seeing that Mike Remmers was playing LT for the Chiefs tells me all I need to know about the game.

I think too much attention is going to the fact that the Chiefs O-line was banged up and not enough to the fact they ran 5 man protection schemes 92% of the time despite Mahomes running for his life.

There's also no attention going to the fact that the Chiefs stubbornly kept trying to throw the ball, when the run was there all night and was hardly used.

This was just a failure of the Chiefs coaching staff to adjust, in the face of overwhelming evidence that their gameplan wasn't working.

On the flipside, the Bucs kept adjusting to everything and throwing new wrinkles in there throughout the game. In a battle of coaching minds, Reid, Bieniemy and Spagnulo got their pants pulled down.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think too much attention is going to the fact that the Chiefs O-line was banged up and not enough to the fact they ran 5 man protection schemes 92% of the time despite Mahomes running for his life.

There's also no attention going to the fact that the Chiefs stubbornly kept trying to throw the ball, when the run was there all night and was hardly used.

This was just a failure of the Chiefs coaching staff to adjust, in the face of overwhelming evidence that their gameplan wasn't working.

On the flipside, the Bucs kept adjusting to everything and throwing new wrinkles in there throughout the game. In a battle of coaching minds, Reid, Bieniemy and Spagnulo got their pants pulled down.
    Yeah it really said a lot that the Chiefs refused to adjust and continued to abandon the run. They needed to provide more help for that O-line by using Tight Ends and running backs to help chip/block. Never been a fan of Spagnulo since I got to see him coach a defense for the Saints in '12.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Let's slow down, Bucs weren't exactly a juggernaut all year. They lost 5 times including two stompings by the Saints. The got better at the right time and played great in the last quarter of the season into the playoffs.
    Completely not gonna be scientific about it but as a Giants fan who saw a dominant line - they come and go throughout the regular season, I think motivation is important. In the playoffs, though, and particularly in the super bowl, all those guys show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Never been a fan of Spagnulo since I got to see him coach a defense for the Saints in '12.
    AKA the worst defense in NFL history. I have plenty of ire for former Saints DCs, its not a distinguished group.
    /s

Interesting to think about the other teams Brady might have gone to instead of Tampa. He wanted 49ers and the Saints were also a strong possibility if Brees had retired. Either one of those teams probably goes to the Super Bowl as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Interesting to think about the other teams Brady might have gone to instead of Tampa. He wanted 49ers and the Saints were also a strong possibility if Brees had retired. Either one of those teams probably goes to the Super Bowl as well.
    I'd rather lose to Brady than become Brady.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Have you seen how many injuries the 49ers had? They weren't going to win anything this season.

You know Wilson was up there with Goodell saying "and this is why you run the ball with double high safeties"

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    You know Wilson was up there with Goodell saying "and this is why you run the ball with double high safeties"
    All I saw was Wilson sitting there the only person in the room wearing a tie while Ciara talked across him breaking it down to a Goodell trying desperately to ignore her.

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to run when you’re behind 45 min of the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Hard to run when you’re behind 45 min of the game
    It was 21-6 at halftime and 21-9 in the third. There was plenty of time to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Have you seen how many injuries the 49ers had? They weren't going to win anything this season.
    Its a what if. They may not have happened.

RIP Marty Schottenheimer

I will always have fond memories of those days when I didn't hate the Chargers, with Marty, Brees, and LT. I didn't always appreciate Martyball but I appreciated Marty.
    /s

If anyone needs proof of how big a douchebag is, one only need watch this Tampa Bay SB "parade," which is basically just Tom on his second boat, in which Tom tosses the Vince Lombardi trophy over open water (in this case, the Gulf of Mexico, I believe), to another boat.

Just when I thought I couldn't hate this smug asshole more. No regrets cheering for KC.

Denver released AJ Bouye. That didn't take very long. I don't even know how good he is anymore, he missed a bunch of games and played hurt when he came back. Getting released by a team with no corners other than an injury prone Bryce Callahan isn't a good sign for him.

I have a feeling they will be releasing a couple more of the vets with no or low dead cap hits soon too.

I think not enough is being said about how Bieniemy revealed why he’s not worthy of a HC job. He is the offensive coordinator of an offense that failed to score a TD at Super Bowl with Mahomes at QB.

To me it looks like when Mahomes isn’t doing his sidearm magic and throwing big play after big play to Hill and Kelce, Bieniemy is totally mediocre, or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    I think not enough is being said about how Bieniemy revealed why he’s not worthy of a HC job. He is the offensive coordinator of an offense that failed to score a TD at Super Bowl with Mahomes at QB.

To me it looks like when Mahomes isn’t doing his sidearm magic and throwing big play after big play to Hill and Kelce, Bieniemy is totally mediocre, or worse.
    He doesn't even call the plays. No one outside of the Chiefs even knows what he actually does.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    He doesn't even call the plays. No one outside of the Chiefs even knows what he actually does.
    Considering how unorthodox Mahomes plays, breaking all the rules of ’good QB play’ and still winning, I wouldn’t be surprised if nobody calls the plays there. It looks like the talent runs the show.

Regardless, NFL.com’s storylines about how Bieniemy was somehow again the victim of systematic racism makes me chuckle. Especially after his offense doing a fail of epic proportions at the most important game of their lives.