Bears hire Mike Pettine, who's contract was not renewed as DC of the Packers, as a Senior Defensive Assistant.

NFC North so petty and competitive amongst each other. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If anyone needs proof of how big a douchebag is, one only need watch this Tampa Bay SB "parade," which is basically just Tom on his second boat, in which Tom tosses the Vince Lombardi trophy over open water (in this case, the Gulf of Mexico, I believe), to another boat.

Just when I thought I couldn't hate this smug asshole more. No regrets cheering for KC.
    idk, I kinda liked it. Especially the POV from the receiving boat some guy yells "hooly shiiit"

That said, he was also absolutely hammered.

If anyone needs proof of how big a douchebag is
    Without getting political, I already know how big a douchebag he is.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Bears hire Mike Pettine, who's contract was not renewed as DC of the Packers, as a Senior Defensive Assistant.

NFC North so petty and competitive amongst each other. I love it.
    Wake me when they trade for Wentz then I'll laugh at them.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Wake me when they trade for Wentz then I'll laugh at them.
    It would delight me to see Wentz and Foles together again, unless they're traded for each other.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It would delight me to see Wentz and Foles together again, unless they're traded for each other.
    I've seen at least one person tweet that the Bears were gonna offer a 2nd(3rd?) and Foles for Wentz. Honestly a Foles for Wentz swap would be hilarious for both sides.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    idk, I kinda liked it. Especially the POV from the receiving boat some guy yells "hooly shiiit"

That said, he was also absolutely hammered.
    Bills fans are all afflicted with an incurable case of BDS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Are these resisters actually contributing to our country and paying their taxes? Or are they freeloading?

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Bills fans are all afflicted with an incurable case of BDS.
    Not me. I don't care about Brady now that he no longer keeps the Bills out of the playoffs.

Gronkowski can choke on a cock though.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Urban Meyer, new Jacksonville Jaguars HC, hired the racist shitbag that was fired from University of Iowa a while back as his new Director of Sport Performance.

Classy as always, that Urban Meyer.

Urban Meyer, new Jacksonville Jaguars HC, hired the racist shitbag that was fired from University of Iowa a while back as his new Director of Sport Performance.

Classy as always, that Urban Meyer.
    This is either going to go amazingly, or blow up spectacularly.

I'll bet on blowing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This is either going to go amazingly, or blow up spectacularly.

I'll bet on blowing up.
    I think both will happen. Urban will build that team up and spend spend spend and build around his young new QB and they'll make the playoffs and everything will be fine, and then the checks will start to come in and the cap room won;t be there and then Lawrence will need a big contract and the honeymoon is over and things will go to shit.

I'll give Meyer the credit that he will get to that point at least and have some measure of success before it all blows up.

Boy, am I glad my college team didn't get Urban. lol.

I think both will happen. Urban will build that team up and spend spend spend and build around his young new QB and they'll make the playoffs and everything will be fine, and then the checks will start to come in and the cap room won;t be there and then Lawrence will need a big contract and the honeymoon is over and things will go to shit.

I'll give Meyer the credit that he will get to that point at least and have some measure of success before it all blows up.
    More optimistic than me. Those legend college coaches seem to flame out in the nfl
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Has there been a college HC who has transitioned well into the NFL without significant time as an assistant or coordinator first?

Pete Carroll comes to mind, as well as Tom Coughlin, maybe? Kliff Kingsbury looking to be the most recent?

Has there been a college HC who has transitioned well into the NFL without significant time as an assistant or coordinator first?

Pete Carroll comes to mind, as well as Tom Coughlin, maybe? Kliff Kingsbury looking to be the most recent?
    Pretty sure Carrol doesn't count. He was in the NFL for years before going to College and then returning. He was a HC for the Patriots before going to USC in the 90's.

I always forget how ancient Pete Carroll is.

Pete's career path is certainly an uncommon one, most guys coming from college do not have his NFL experience. Not too many college coaches make it work in the NFL, has anybody since Jimmy Johnson?
    /s

Wasn’t harbaugh at Stanford before going to the niners? I didn’t mention him because he wasn’t one of those really well known guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Wasn’t harbaugh at Stanford before going to the niners? I didn’t mention him because he wasn’t one of those really well known guys
    Harbaugh did go from Stanford to Niners to Michigan, where he recently signed an extension because NFL teams were calling him to return.

Bill O'Brien went from NFL (Patriots OC) to college (Penn State HC) to NFL (Texans HC) to now back to college (Alabama OC).

But they are not on the level of Pete Carrol, who won titles both at College and NFL level, so not sure they really count as successful. Harbaugh at least made a Super Bowl though.

I remember reading that a big challenge from college to the NFL is you don't cycle out players every 3-4 years. You have a constant stream of players incoming and outgoing. Meanwhile the NFL you get these guys straight out of college, learning or not learning how to manage the lump of NFL money they got, managing players upset about money and contracts, and guys establishing their families. Its a big difference in player attitude and I see why people were initially skeptical about the atmosphere Pete brings to a team. He also knew that and tore things down as soon as he got here instead of trying or being forced by ownership to make things work.

Meyer likely has that same control as well from ownership. I personally can't stand the guy, but at least if there is a shitshow it'll be entertaining to watch from a distance.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2021-02-12 at 02:20 PM.