Would have been around $9m on the 5th year and $14m on the franchise tag, how much better would things look for the Rams if they had gone that route? Anyways, Hurney is notorious for excessive RB contracts, the Williams & Stewart deals from his previous tenure were horribly structured and impossible to escape, I figure the same will be true of this one.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Hurney is notorious for excessive RB contracts, the Williams & Stewart deals from his previous tenure were horribly structured and impossible to escape, I figure the same will be true of this one.
    Oh god. I forgot about those and basically forgot it's still Hurney as GM in Carolina, even if they got a new coach.

RIP Carolina.

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever pay a RB.

Jeez.

CMC is maybe equal to 3/4ths of a WR as well, so this is less bad than say, the Gurley contract or the contract Henry is gonna look for, but it's still a bad contract.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever pay a RB.

Jeez.

CMC is maybe equal to 3/4ths of a WR as well, so this is less bad than say, the Gurley contract or the contract Henry is gonna look for, but it's still a bad contract.
    He is also like 95% of their offense. How bad the contract is will depend on if they are stuck with him for all 4 years when they run him into the ground before then.

Thing is, CMC is like the only super star on Carolina, they are on a rebuild mode, no other guys will get paid like that so it is ok, CMC can also work as a receiver.

Tbh last year there were some games he carried Carolina all by himself, JAX game was a example, he did so much during that game.

Hmm lets watch how much Saquon will get paid lol.
    Last edited by PokeKitty; 2020-04-15 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Thing is, CMC is like the only super star on Carolina, they are on a rebuild mode, no other guys will get paid like that so it is ok, CMC can also work as a receiver.

Tbh last year there were some games he carried Carolina all by himself, JAX game was a example, he did so much during that game.

Hmm lets watch how much Saquon will get paid lol.
    That's even less of a reason to pay him. It's clear Carolina is in full rebuild. They're aiming for a high draft pick this year, then maybe bringing along a rookie QB in years 3-4 of CMC's contract. They have no window in this 4 year contract to win. You're just paying a guy to be run into the ground for the next 4 years while you hope you hit on a QB, not even this year, but next year.

And if you don't run him into the ground, and he continues to be great......you're just back to right where you were a few days ago......pay him an insane contract, or find another RB somewhere with some worth in a mid-to-late round.

Our 3rd round RB from last year was already the most productive back we've had in some years. He averaged like 5 YPC last year, and his stats would have been better if our coaches didn't insist on running Frank Gore up the middle at least 10 times a game. But mark my words, in 3 years when his contract is up, I'll be advocating to let him walk, and just draft another one. RB is so easy to find depth at, in the middle of the draft.

That's even less of a reason to pay him. It's clear Carolina is in full rebuild. They're aiming for a high draft pick this year, then maybe bringing along a rookie QB in years 3-4 of CMC's contract. They have no window in this 4 year contract to win. You're just paying a guy to be run into the ground for the next 4 years while you hope you hit on a QB, not even this year, but next year.

And if you don't run him into the ground, and he continues to be great......you're just back to right where you were a few days ago......pay him an insane contract, or find another RB somewhere with some worth in a mid-to-late round.

Our 3rd round RB from last year was already the most productive back we've had in some years. He averaged like 5 YPC last year, and his stats would have been better if our coaches didn't insist on running Frank Gore up the middle at least 10 times a game. But mark my words, in 3 years when his contract is up, I'll be advocating to let him walk, and just draft another one. RB is so easy to find depth at, in the middle of the draft.
    Could Carolina take a QB in the first at 7? Either Tua slipping or Herbert? Let them play a couple of years behind Bridgewater and build a year or two more?
    Or take Love, Eason, Fromm, or Hurts in the second or later?
    Last edited by Logwyn; 2020-04-16 at 05:14 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Could Carolina take a QB in the first at 7? Either Tua slipping or Herbert? Let them play a couple of years behind Bridgewater and build a year or two more?
    Or take Love, Eason, Fromm, or Hurts in the second or later?
    At this point they'd probably need someone to pass on a QB if they want to get one of the Big 3. Since the expectation is Burrow, Tua, and Herbert go to some combination of the Bengals, Dolphins, and Chargers.

Second round maybe. I know for some reason mocks are having as many as 5 guys going first round, but I think in the end it's 4 at most. Someone will probably fall to them in the second, question is if it's someone they like.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    At this point they'd probably need someone to pass on a QB if they want to get one of the Big 3. Since the expectation is Burrow, Tua, and Herbert go to some combination of the Bengals, Dolphins, and Chargers.

Second round maybe. I know for some reason mocks are having as many as 5 guys going first round, but I think in the end it's 4 at most. Someone will probably fall to them in the second, question is if it's someone they like.
    I agree with you. Carolina has not been know for trading away to make huge jumps either.

Well, I didn't even know Carolina was that far up the draft board.

7 is plausible to take a QB, but if Herbert is going before 7, idk who you'd take who wouldn't be considered a massive reach. The Chargers claim that they're fine with Tyrod at QB, but I guess that doesn't mean they won't groom one. That'd be their best bet for hoping someone passes.

So now the patriots gonna unveil a new uniform... guess its the year of new uniforms that wont get worn this year.

Well, I didn't even know Carolina was that far up the draft board.

7 is plausible to take a QB, but if Herbert is going before 7, idk who you'd take who wouldn't be considered a massive reach. The Chargers claim that they're fine with Tyrod at QB, but I guess that doesn't mean they won't groom one. That'd be their best bet for hoping someone passes.
    Yeah if the Big 3 are gone, Panthers are either gonna draft someone else or trade back for a Tier 2 guy.

Honestly with Teddie there I think they're gonna pass on a QB if the Big 3 are gone. If he bombs, this roster is bad enough to put them in the Trevor Lawrence competition next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    So now the patriots gonna unveil a new uniform... guess its the year of new uniforms that wont get worn this year.
    I wanna pretend they've had these unis in storage for 10 years and were waiting for Brady to leave to use them.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Right in time to usher in a new era of bag-on-head losing by the Patriots, imo. I long for the 90s, when Pats fans were embarrassed to be publicly seen at Foxborough. Let's see how many of the bandwagon fans stick around when Tommy Boy is gone and the Pats start being average-to-bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as an aside - what's gonna happen to Josh Rosen? I'm obviously interested in the class of '18 since that's the class my QB is from. My worst nightmare is a stable team with good coaching (i.e., the Patriots) picking him up and him suddenly be good. Let him be bad forever so I don't have to question my team like I already do over DeShaun Watson, Pat Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, etc.

Giants GM says he's open to trading 4th pick. Actually a logical statement from the guy who traded our third round pick for nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJones View Post
    i used to put "dun b bad" in desc and bad players would still apply

Every team is open to trading up or down in the draft. Really no idea why the media reports that stuff, if a GM isn't finding out if moving around is possible they aren't doing their job well.

Right in time to usher in a new era of bag-on-head losing by the Patriots, imo. I long for the 90s, when Pats fans were embarrassed to be publicly seen at Foxborough. Let's see how many of the bandwagon fans stick around when Tommy Boy is gone and the Pats start being average-to-bad.
    Hate to break it to you, but Brady being gone won't make them suddenly stop winning 11-12 games every year. They consistently have one of the easiest schedules every year, solid special teams and good defenses. Their defense only gave up more than 17 points 4 games (all losses). You could have given them one of the terrible offenses like the Broncos, Bears or Bengals and they still would have won as many games.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Every team is open to trading up or down in the draft. Really no idea why the media reports that stuff, if a GM isn't finding out if moving around is possible they aren't doing their job well.

Hate to break it to you, but Brady being gone won't make them suddenly stop winning 11-12 games every year. They consistently have one of the easiest schedules every year, solid special teams and good defenses. Their defense only gave up more than 17 points 4 games (all losses). You could have given them one of the terrible offenses like the Broncos, Bears or Bengals and they still would have won as many games.
    Vegas currently has win totals for the Bills at o/u 9, and the Pats 8.5.

Even Vegas thinks the reign of the Pats is over. And they're usually pretty good at pegging over/unders.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Giants GM says he's open to trading 4th pick. Actually a logical statement from the guy who traded our third round pick for nothing.
    I mean you have to be open to trading that. You and the Lions are the two teams that'll get calls from teams looking to leapfrog the Dolphins for a QB. Heck you probably get calls from the Dolphins to block that move.

- - - Updated - - -

Vegas currently has win totals for the Bills at o/u 9, and the Pats 8.5.

Even Vegas thinks the reign of the Pats is over. And they're usually pretty good at pegging over/unders.
    I dunno that doesn't scream over to me. That screams "might win a game they shouldn't have and take the division over the Bills and then go on a surprise run to the Super Bowl."

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean you have to be open to trading that. You and the Lions are the two teams that'll get calls from teams looking to leapfrog the Dolphins for a QB. Heck you probably get calls from the Dolphins to block that move.
    Shoulda been open to doing it two years ago when they could have traded for an extra 3 second round picks. I don't care how good Barkley is, he's not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJones View Post
    i used to put "dun b bad" in desc and bad players would still apply

If Giants trade back and draft a decent OL im fine with it... but the guy I want the most is probably Simmons, and if Chase Young somehow is on the board that would be a miracle. Yeah right now I think they will do something weird just like last years draft...

Cant wait for the draft, it is been like a month without sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Every deal/trade is on the table until its not.