Gettleman continues the trend of ignoring value... picked a guy who was projected at 11th with the 4th pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJones View Post
    i used to put "dun b bad" in desc and bad players would still apply

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Weird pick and weird team to feel you need to leapfrog for the Chargers.

The story of this draft is absolutely teams reaching for guys. Gonna be a lot of 2nd-4th round "surprise" stars.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

A center for us? I wonder if he'll be slid to guard. One thing I'll say for the Saints they love getting versatile offensive lineman who can play multiple positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    All the WR's are belong to us.
    Dak’s got some serious weapons to work with. I heard his brother passed though, so I’m sure the draft is the last thing on his mind.

I have to assume the plan would be to play Ruiz at guard, Warford is on the last year of his deal.
    /s

Considering the Rams immediately tore everything down after losing the Super Bowl, seeing the 49ers go all-in is refreshing.

Not a fan of the fact all the teams looking to move up are leapfrogging the Packers. And taking WRs.

Increasingly afraid they're gonna be out of trade partners and end up taking some late 2nd grade OT.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I have to assume the plan would be to play Ruiz at guard, Warford is on the last year of his deal.
    That's my thoughts as well, invest in the line, have backups ready in case an injury hits. I didn't want us to get a QB so I'm fine with this for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Considering the Rams immediately tore everything down after losing the Super Bowl, seeing the 49ers go all-in is refreshing.

Not a fan of the fact all the teams looking to move up are leapfrogging the Packers. And taking WRs.

Increasingly afraid they're gonna be out of trade partners and end up taking some late 2nd grade OT.
    I mean the Rams shot themselves in the foot multiple times with really bad contracts after trading away a ton of draft picks. I don't think the 49ers will be in QUITE as bad a shape for a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Packers traded up to the Dolphins spot.

Packers moving up. Like I said there was no way they were staying at 30.

Gotta imagine this is them trying to get ahead of the next WR rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Gettleman continues the trend of ignoring value... picked a guy who was projected at 11th with the 4th pick.
    The man is on an incredible run of incompetence.

Packers moving up. Like I said there was no way they were staying at 30.

Gotta imagine this is them trying to get ahead of the next WR rush.
    Jordan Love....wut. If you are Rodgers you have to be PISSED off.

I HATE this pick. If you think you're in a Super Bowl window, which you'd imagine going to the NFC Championship would indicate, you get the WR or the OT or the LB that can plug one of the few holes you have left.

This draft pick says they're heading into a tear down and rebuild, building for 3-5 years down the road.

Wow packers pick a qb. Rodgers to the patriots?

I HATE this pick. If you think you're in a Super Bowl window, which you'd imagine going to the NFC Championship would indicate, you get the WR or the OT or the LB that can plug one of the few holes you have left.

This draft pick says they're heading into a tear down and rebuild, building for 3-5 years down the road.
    And it is usually a waste to draft a 1st round QB and have them sit more than a year imo. Now a days the QB players as a rookie or the 2nd year, not sitting 3-5. With QBs starting to play into their 40s and at a high level (not saying this applies to Rodgers unless he wants to do that), but come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And it is usually a waste to draft a 1st round QB and have them sit more than a year imo. Now a days the QB players as a rookie or the 2nd year, not sitting 3-5. With QBs starting to play into their 40s and at a high level (not saying this applies to Rodgers unless he wants to do that), but come on.
    Yeah I'd say 2 years max before either they ship Rodgers out of town or have to flip Love for a pick.

Honestly, if I were Rodgers I'd probably start making noise next offseason about a trade. This tweet sums it up perfectly https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...25864349827073

why did he call rodgers the goat? huge stretch lmaoooooooo

Yeah I'd say 2 years max before either they ship Rodgers out of town or have to flip Love for a pick.

Honestly, if I were Rodgers I'd probably start making noise next offseason about a trade. This tweet sums it up perfectly https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...25864349827073
    Oh man that is brutal. I just don't understand it, the window for the Packers is open and they are trying to what exactly?

Packers lose talent at OT, didn't have talent at WR, lose talent at TE, replace none of it. Frankly the big thing that's going to keep them from collapsing into "rebuilding" territory is going to be if those recent defensive picks pan out.

If they bust, Love ends up sliding into a top 10 potential picking team. If Love busts too, well the Golden Age is over.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man that is brutal. I just don't understand it, the window for the Packers is open and they are trying to what exactly?
    This has the Sean McVay coaching tree written all over it honestly. Bring in a rotation of cheap, average QBs and scheme the WRs/RBs to score 30 points a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I think you need to go back now to last offseason and look at all those pieces about Rodgers and LaFleur not getting along well and say "maybe these were legit after all."

Also I think you need to go back now to last offseason and look at all those pieces about Rodgers and LaFleur not getting along well and say "maybe these were legit after all."
    Maybe, but still sounds like sabotaging your present to build for the distant future. It is always interesting to see the moves teams make and then the headscratching to follow.

Maybe, but still sounds like sabotaging your present to build for the distant future. It is always interesting to see the moves teams make and then the headscratching to follow.
    Yeah that is very much true. It's basically slamming the window shut and saying "The NFC Championship was a fluke. We're all in on LaFleur's vision for the team, and that vision doesn't include a top-10 all time QB."

Frankly it'll be interesting what happens here. Rodgers is under contract until 2024. I doubt he sees the end of that deal with Green Bay unless Love busts (in which case he probably outlives his current coach and GM in Green Bay), so do they eat dead cap in a few years to release him or do they trade him somewhere. Who will be the next Tampa Bay Buccaneers?

Yeah that is very much true. It's basically slamming the window shut and saying "The NFC Championship was a fluke. We're all in on LaFleur's vision for the team, and that vision doesn't include a top-10 all time QB."

Frankly it'll be interesting what happens here. Rodgers is under contract until 2024. I doubt he sees the end of that deal with Green Bay unless Love busts (in which case he probably outlives his current coach and GM in Green Bay), so do they eat dead cap in a few years to release him or do they trade him somewhere. Who will be the next Tampa Bay Buccaneers?
    I mean, the NFC Championship for the Packers was half fluke, half Rodgers making something out of nothing, half a decent-ish defense. I can see a reasonably analysis that the window wasn't really all that wide open for the Packers, but the very fact that Rodgers managed to get that team to the NFC Championship should have been enough to push to try and wedge that window open.