10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, maybe we wont even make it to week 2 at this rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Okay, maybe we wont even make it to week 2 at this rate.
    Of preseason.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how the season starts on time. They're gonna get a few weeks into training camp and entire rosters are going to be down with the virus.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I don't see how the season starts on time. They're gonna get a few weeks into training camp and entire rosters are going to be down with the virus.
    Basically a bunch of guys in the demographic least likely to have problems with coronavirus won't be allowed to work.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Basically a bunch of guys in the demographic least likely to have problems with coronavirus won't be allowed to work.
    Yeah, but then they go home, and spread it to a bunch of people.

I don't see how the season can go on without isolating the players for the season, which is.....a long time.

Even then, I can't imagine, even if the player isn't too sick from COVID, how they can let a positive player play and potentially infect a shit ton of other players. And what happens when star player X has to self-quarantine and miss the big divisional game?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yeah, but then they go home, and spread it to a bunch of people.

I don't see how the season can go on without isolating the players for the season, which is.....a long time.

Even then, I can't imagine, even if the player isn't too sick from COVID, how they can let a positive player play and potentially infect a shit ton of other players. And what happens when star player X has to self-quarantine and miss the big divisional game?
    I can definitely see the huge asterisk next to this season IF it even partially get's to happen. My worry is more for those players who do contract it during the season. If one or more of the players ended up with a severe case in which they recovered, but had severe damage to their lungs. That's a career ender, and one helluva lawsuit. The kind of lawsuit that makes the concussion settlement(which still was low imho) look like pennies. With concussion's the NFL could always brush it away as a "risk of the game", but they won't be able to do that with Covid 19.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hall of Fame enshrinement and game have been cancelled for 2020. Enshrinement was moved to 2021, but won't be done at the same time as the 2021 class.

This is probably a bad sign for training camps starting on time.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2020-06-25 at 06:03 PM. Reason: D-D-D-Double Post

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably a bad sign for training camps starting on time.
    NFL League Council Jeff Pash literally today said that reporting for Training camps was on as expected for July 28th.

15+ Year Old Account
    Newton signing with Patriots on a one year deal. Thought it was a joke at first cause they made that a meme a couple months ago, but it's real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    First juicy bit of news in a while. Even if they were/are intent on sticking with Stidham, they needed somebody better than Hoyer around in case that didn't work out in the short term.

- - - Updated - - -

NFL punishment for Patriots video crew finally announced too, 3rd round pick lost, $1.1 million fine, and no filming allowed in 2020.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with the Cam Newton news. 1M deal, 1 year, prove it. Might not make it out of training camp if the fit is bad.

The filming punishment though? utter bullshit. Football side had nothing to do with this screw up and they get fucked AGAIN with a pick loss. Unbelievable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots have the best duo of backup QBs in the league.

Too bad they have no starter.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The filming punishment though? utter bullshit. Football side had nothing to do with this screw up and they get fucked AGAIN with a pick loss. Unbelievable.
    Maybe they should stop being repeat offenders then. Even minor stuff like this is not going to slide.

- - - Updated - - -

Patriots have the best duo of backup QBs in the league.

Too bad they have no starter.
    I like Saints backups of Winston and Taysom Hill though. We have a starter too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    AGAIN
    This is the operative word, maybe if they didn't repeatedly get caught doing questionable things, they wouldn't get repeatedly punished.

Agreeing with Scod, yes, this was careless at best, and with their track record they should count themselves lucky the punishment wasn't greater.
    /s

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is Cam Newtons last shot. He needs to prove himself or he is a wash

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    This is Cam Newtons last shot. He needs to prove himself or he is a wash
    There are far far worse quarterbacks that get continual second, third, fourth chances.

The move is good to me. Low risk, high reward. I expect him to compete for the starting job, and if he proves healthy (and back to Cam's level of play before his injuries), it might make the division a 4 way scramble - though to be honest I'm never gonna consider an Adam Gase coached team truly competitive. Dude's a joke.

I was seriously pondering the Pats for 4th place in the division prior to this move. If they can get something out of Cam, all the better.

What I really like about this move - if Stidham sucks and Cam gets put in at some point, or Stidham is great, or Cam wins the starting job by being his old self - Patriots aren't likely to win the Trevor Lawrence lottery. Have a time, JAX. I don't need Lawrence and Tua in the conference with Darnold and Allen already there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    There are far far worse quarterbacks that get continual second, third, fourth chances.
    I mean most of them are

A) Content to be a bridge guy for 10 teams

B) Not divas

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    What I really like about this move - if Stidham sucks and Cam gets put in at some point, or Stidham is great, or Cam wins the starting job by being his old self - Patriots aren't likely to win the Trevor Lawrence lottery. Have a time, JAX. I don't need Lawrence and Tua in the conference with Darnold and Allen already there.
    Honestly I think the most likely scenario here is Newton wins the job coming out of camp because he's more dynamic and can play off script while Stidham probably will need extra time to learn the offense that he should have had in a normal offseason.

Then Newton breaks his leg, or his arm, or his shoulder, or his back, or his hip week 6 and Stidham plays the rest of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think the most likely scenario here is Newton wins the job coming out of camp because he's more dynamic and can play off script while Stidham probably will need extra time to learn the offense that he should have had in a normal offseason.

Then Newton breaks his leg, or his arm, or his shoulder, or his back, or his hip week 6 and Stidham plays the rest of the season.
    The other option is that Stidham already has a year in the system and is a more long term option and narrowly beats out Cam in camp. Cam gets the back up job and continues to get more familiar with the system. Stidham struggles and by the bye in week 6 Bill decides to switch it up to save the season and brings in Cam, who's now had 6 more weeks to get ready.

I think we can basically assume that Hoyer is the odd man out at the moment. He has neither the upside nor the pedigree to beat out either of the other 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    And so begins the (preseason) game cancellations.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/07/01/nf..._medium=social