The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OkayI take it back, the scoop was in fact "very bad."

Also suddenly my prediction he sells the team and lets the next owner pick the name seems actually plausible and not just an impossible meme
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeff Bezos is salivating at the opportunity to own 100% of an NFL franchise should (when) the league forces Snyder to sell.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the Washington/Dan Snyder stuff is starting to come out. Sounds like this is going to be Panthers 2.0, at least 15 women accusing the team of sexual harrassment.

https://twitter.com/RickMaese/status...76083813818370

From what I’ve seen so far, this was massively overhyped.

10+ Year Old Account
    15 women is a LOT. I'm not sure if it was overhyped, especially when you add in the cheerleader stuff from a few years back. Ive read the details, and this should end Snyder.

and of course the shitstain isnt releasing the women from their NDA's.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    15 women is a LOT. I'm not sure if it was overhyped, especially when you add in the cheerleader stuff from a few years back. Ive read the details, and this should end Snyder.

and of course the shitstain isnt releasing the women from their NDA's.
    I don’t see this forcing Snyder out. I’m calling it overhyped because of the ridiculous amount of teasing it got and how the rumors were getting so crazy that people thought that this would not only bring Snyder down, but would massively affect the league as a whole. Not to downplay what happened but I just don’t see it being enough to force him out.
    Last edited by ohiostate124; 2020-07-16 at 10:28 PM.

This is bad. But it isn't as bad as literally pimping your cheerleaders out to sponsors and holding their passports against their will. And that somehow didn't cause the NFL to force Snyder to sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what happens when you overhype a scoop. It can't ever matchup to the hype then people forget about it and Snyder gets off the hook due to lack of public backlash even though he 100% shouldn't be off the hook.

10+ Year Old Account
    The internet overhyped it to be basically the next Epstein. But the fact is this is very similar to the story that forced out Richardson just a couple years ago. With how much of a black eye Snyder has been to the NFL recently, very possible that owners try to push him to sell the team after this. It would still be voluntary, but it could get the naming mess off his hands and also effectively stop any NFL investigation that might unearth more women. And there are always more in cases like this.

I'm surprised Snyder wasn't asked to leave a long time ago for various reasons. This event should be the thing that does push him out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well apparently the NFL released their usual canned statement saying they will defer to Dan Snyder's own hired investigation of Dan Snyder.

So yeah he's getting off scott free for this. Because the internet blew it up into such a big deal that 15+ sexual harassment cases isn't moving the outrage needle.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well apparently the NFL released their usual canned statement saying they will defer to Dan Snyder's own hired investigation of Dan Snyder.

So yeah he's getting off scott free for this. Because the internet blew it up into such a big deal that 15+ sexual harassment cases isn't moving the outrage needle.
    Or he is on the way out and in the long run it doesn't matter what the NFL does in reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL told the NFLPA they are on-board with axing the entire preseason. Makes sense. There wont be fans. Likely operating games at a loss. My guess is the NFLPA is gonna fight for expanded and better flexing of rosters if thats the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    NFL told the NFLPA they are on-board with axing the entire preseason. Makes sense. There wont be fans. Likely operating games at a loss. My guess is the NFLPA is gonna fight for expanded and better flexing of rosters if thats the case.
    I think they should have increased the size of the rosters a long time ago. Makes sense to do it, in this case, might as well test it out and see how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Jeff Bezos is salivating at the opportunity to own 100% of an NFL franchise should (when) the league forces Snyder to sell.
    Part of me wants them to just expand but not sure how, when, why, or who.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I think the NFL can easily make up lost ticket revenue with better TV deals. TV is kind of dead now and they'll be one of the few entities playing fresh entertaining content. They can really make this work for them.

I think they are dragging to feet on a few things to learn some logistical lessons from the NBA.

Expanded rosters are interesting.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-07-22 at 03:22 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    MLB is dealing with expanded rosters that incrementally drop down to normal over a period of several weeks. No reason the NFL couldn't do similar.
    Last edited by draynay; 2020-07-22 at 06:08 PM.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I think they should have increased the size of the rosters a long time ago. Makes sense to do it, in this case, might as well test it out and see how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Part of me wants them to just expand but not sure how, when, why, or who.
    I just don't see how they can expand without adding 8 teams. I somehow doubt they want to go back to that nonsense of when conferences were 4/5/4 and trying to schedule around that.

Anyway the hits keep coming or NFL owners, now Woody Johnson is under a State Department investigation for "racist and sexist comments" and also some.... other stuff that's probably got a thread in the politics forum.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...93221055746048 Oh yeah forgot the link.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2020-07-22 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway the hits keep coming or NFL owners, now Woody Johnson is under a State Department investigation for "racist and sexist comments" and also some.... other stuff that's probably got a thread in the politics forum.
    When will they learn? That there's no place in the NFL for hatred and bigotry unless its antisemitism.
    /s

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the Washington/Dan Snyder stuff is starting to come out. Sounds like this is going to be Panthers 2.0, at least 15 women accusing the team of sexual harrassment.[/url]
    Jeff Bezos should buy the San Diego (I mean) LA Chargers... Dean Spanos is a terrible owner.

Now that is a logo. Just change the tail so it doesn’t look tied on like a trophy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a college team logo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.