With all of Wilson’s years of scrambling, I don’t remember the last time he threw it when he was past the line of scrimmage
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Head coaches in this game not too interested in proper mask usage. Were they gonna start fining?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    MOst receivers would have lost the ball with Gilmore draped on them after the catch like that. Hell of a TD by DK Metcalf.

I remember how he dropped in the draft cause people felt he was more workout warrior than receiver. Oops to that notion.
    Shoulda put a cone on his route.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Head coaches in this game not too interested in proper mask usage. Were they gonna start fining?
    Probably this week. There was already a warning. Belichick gave his mask the hoodie treatment.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they want results suspend them for a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 huge deep balls are the difference right now. Patriots usually never give those up and they got beat on them twice tonight. Russel deep ball is special.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I've expected us to lose this game since the schedule came out, but I did not expect the DEFENSE to be the problem in winning it.

I know people are going to be quick to blame the secondary, but I don;t think it is. It;s the D-line and linebackers not containing Wilson and getting to him quickly enough, mostly when moving the ball between TD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know people are going to be quick to blame the secondary, but I don;t think it is. It;s the D-line and linebackers not containing Wilson and getting to him quickly enough, mostly when moving the ball between TD's.
    The front 7 is doing nothing, they have to blitz DBs to even pressure Wilson.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots are blitzing now, over and over. That should either stop Seattle in it's tracks or lead to a quick back breaking TD over the top.

Well, damnit, there it is. TD Seahawks.

10+ Year Old Account
    idk why the Pats are running cover 0. Every time Wilson sees that he just delivers a kill shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am REALLY encouraged by how the Patriots have looked on offense. Did not expect them to be able to deliver like this down 2 scores.

Defense will have to show up now though, even if it's just to show they can stop Wilson and Seattle when the game is on the line.

This is a bad amount of clock for the Seahawks
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    That was the same play from earlier... same motions too...?

Silly

Nail biter of a game. I must say, people that were handing the division to the Bills at the start of the season were a bit overeager I think
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that got a hell of a lot closer than I thought it would be. Holy shit. Patriots offense is legit, and basically only in it's second week of live play.

GG Seahawks. Our games are always amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right after they praise Schottenheimer comes the inscrutable clock mismanagement. Nice to see hubris defeat the Patriots as they think they can just run the same play again and again.
    /s

Are you telling me THE BUFFALO BILLS ARE THE LEADERS OF THE AFC EAST?

AND, AND, they're the #1 offense in the AFC?

Like, what? Am I dreaming?

- - - Updated - - -

Next week, Rams. First real test, though I bet someone will excuse the Rams if they lose because they gotta travel from west to east and everyone knows that sucks, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that got a hell of a lot closer than I thought it would be. Holy shit. Patriots offense is legit, and basically only in it's second week of live play.

GG Seahawks. Our games are always amazing.
    It is nice to see Newton healthy. Watching him last year was difficult, he was a shadow of his former self.
    Though they're going to need to be more creative, it was a little too easy to tell when a run was coming based on formation, but maybe that's just me seeing Cam twice a year for the last decade and knowing his tendencies.

As for Bills and Rams, that sounds awesome, can't wait to watch it. The Rams were much better today, they hit the skids after a fast start much like last week, but while they just sort of putzed around waiting for the Cowboys game to end, they were much stronger in the second half today. Should be a good one.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    He was slinging the ball really well. Reminded me of 2015 Cam but being held back by playcalling and zeroing in on Edelman. I think he will slow down on running once he gells with the offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Every time he runs Pats fans have to be crossing their fingers.
    Fun fact, the times Cam Newton got seriously injured was when he was in the pocket, as a passer.

Today too, the only time where I was scared for Cam was when there were bodies around him while he went down on that almost sack late in the 4th when he tried to last minute scoot the ball to Burkhead just in front him over the line, which went incomplete. Other than that he's been in no danger.

I'm fine with him running the ball.

Russel Wilson is the best football player alive right now

Fun fact, the times Cam Newton got seriously injured was when he was in the pocket, as a passer.

Today too, the only time where I was scared for Cam was when there were bodies around him while he went down on that almost sack late in the 4th when he tried to last minute scoot the ball to Burkhead just in front him over the line, which went incomplete. Other than that he's been in no danger.

I'm fine with him running the ball.
    My latest myth to bust in NFL (since we have a running QB too): There's a higher rate of injury per play in the pocket than on a scramble for QBs in the last decade or so.