Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honesty I kinda like it. It's not like I care about logos anyway, show me the new uniforms that aren't 27 colors and then I'll judge.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Not a Rams fan but that logo is alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like the chargers logo a few years ago that everybody hated and then was quickly shoved aside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Feels like the chargers logo a few years ago that everybody hated and then was quickly shoved aside.
    Hey at least they didn't steal the Chargers colors unlike what the Chargers tried to do with Rams Blue/White.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So since I didn't get to finish this conversation off last thread.

Reason I say Norman should go to Buffalo isn't they have need of him. It's that he simply fell off in Washington and reuniting with a former Panthers DC might help him rehab his image as "elite."
    Looks like you called it, other than the elite part, still maintain that's impossible, but he is going to Buffalo.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    NFLPA already eating itself, and they are not even being locked out by the League yet...

https://twitter.com/DarrenHeitner/st...99578077392905

"Russell Okung today filed an unfair labor practice charge with the National Labor Relations Board that claims DeMaurice Smith, members of NFLPA staff & outside counsel have interfered with his protected rights as a union member."

10+ Year Old Account
    They've been eating themselves since they've been trying to push it through despite not having the recommendation of the executive committee. Its the trouble of negotiating a big deal with a lame duck president - Okung is one of the candidates to replace him and is staunchly against the new CBA.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the sound is Agents are not optimistic anymore about this CBA passing. If this fails we're probably going to get some kind of lockout, and ironically the players might get a better shake as a result.

The only way that Rams logo makes sense is if the point of it was to make the 1 remaining Chargers fan buy a Rams hat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the sound is Agents are not optimistic anymore about this CBA passing. If this fails we're probably going to get some kind of lockout, and ironically the players might get a better shake as a result.
    Why is that ironic? Isn't the point of denying the current one to get something better? IDK how any player is for it, except Fitzpatrick whose career feeds on injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Why is that ironic? Isn't the point of denying the current one to get something better? IDK how any player is for it, except Fitzpatrick whose career feeds on injuries.
    Yeah that's the point but given how the last CBA worked out they should be rejecting this, taking the lockout into training camp, and then folding like a party table and accepting a deal that's even worse than this.

As a fan of a team needing a WR, I hope you're right about a lot of OTs and QBs going top 15.

Also Packers are apparently looking to make a play at signing Austin Hooper. Because we too needed a washed up TE.
    would be really good. graham was most of the time out of synch with arod. we need a 2nd top tier wr and te for a cup run. i think our defense should be good again.

10+ Year Old Account
    JC Tretter, the newly elected NFLPA president, outlined the negatives to the new CBA and they are GRUESOME!

Particularly with regard to holdouts, if a player has 5+ accrued seasons and holds out for even one day, they lose an accrued season, and all fines are MANDATORY. Most of the time the fines are rescinded when a new deal is reached, under the new CBA they would need to be paid in full, and the size of the fines would be increased.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    JC Tretter, the newly elected NFLPA president, outlined the negatives to the new CBA and they are GRUESOME!

Particularly with regard to holdouts, if a player has 5+ accrued seasons and holds out for even one day, they lose an accrued season, and all fines are MANDATORY. Most of the time the fines are rescinded when a new deal is reached, under the new CBA they would need to be paid in full, and the size of the fines would be increased.
    wtf, how did the NFLPA ever agree to that? That's some bullshit.

More importantly, what the hell did the NFLPA get back in return for giving this up? cause I don't see anything particularly beneficial in the CBA for the players.

The players got shafted by their own representatives, which is a new low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

More importantly, what the hell did the NFLPA get back in return for giving this up? cause I don't see anything particularly beneficial in the CBA for the players.

One percent increased revenue!
    https://twitter.com/DavidBakhtiari/s...667136/photo/2
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

It's worth mentioning the NFLPA's last president didn't even play in 2019. You can argue they were already negotiating from a bad spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comp picks are out. Patriots with 4, as expected.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought this seemed like a LOT of extra picks at the top rounds, and it's true. There's three more 3rd rounders being handed out this year and four more 4th rounders. That's 7 top 150 picks going to teams based on players that went to other teams. It means the 5th round starts at 147 this year compared to 139 last year.

The total of compensatory picks is always the same, but it's weird that there's so many so highly ranked this year. I wonder how they are dealing with this in the new CBA (assuming it passes the players).

10+ Year Old Account
    Jacksonville hasn't got a comp pick in 10 years lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Jacksonville hasn't got a comp pick in 10 years lol.
    They might get one if they let Ngakoue go, but more likely seems they tag and trade him or tag and keep him.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the corona virus stuff going on, I wonder if the NFL is gonna hold the draft without an audience. Would be the first time Goodell doesn't get boo'd on stage.