The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Been saying that Cam was one serious injury away from being out of the league. I don't see him staying in for a couple more years unless he's a complete backup. But who wants a head case as a backup to be bored and ruin the locker room.
    I feel like he's a victim of the current circumstances. If he could take a physical maybe he lands on the Bears or Chargers. As it stands now, he might just have to sit out 2020. Or take a cheap one year deal somewhere like Miami.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I feel like he's a victim of the current circumstances. If he could take a physical maybe he lands on the Bears or Chargers. As it stands now, he might just have to sit out 2020. Or take a cheap one year deal somewhere like Miami.
    Cam has always been a run and then take the hit guy. It seems always destined for a big injury. Just needed or needs to learn to protect himself better.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Cowboys have Legatron now, which is interesting. Didn't realize they were looking.

I'm preparing myself for disappointment. The one year that the stars line up for the Bills to actually do something (playoff team that made good offseason moves, Brady gone, etc) and the apocalypse happens. I had been joking with friends for years that something like this would happen once the Bills made a jump to relevancy
    Last edited by dwightyo39; 2020-04-03 at 07:50 AM.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Denver somehow re-signed Shelby Harris to a 1 year deal for only $3.25 mill. Really no idea how he didn't get a decent contract considering the bad players teams overpaid. Even that bad backup TE Denver signed is making $3 mill this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I'm preparing myself for disappointment. The one years that the stars line up for the Bills to actually do something (playoff team that made good offseason moves, Brady gone, etc) and the apocalypse happens. I had been joking with friends for years that something like this would happen once the Bills made a jump to relevancy
    Just remember even though the Pats have more Super Bowl wins than everyone. They are also tied for the most Super-bowl losses.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I'm preparing myself for disappointment. The one years that the stars line up for the Bills to actually do something (playoff team that made good offseason moves, Brady gone, etc) and the apocalypse happens. I had been joking with friends for years that something like this would happen once the Bills made a jump to relevancy
    I'm actually really excited for this year since the Diggs trade. I hope to god the season doesn't get canceled.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about you guys, but at this point, the NFL draft could be 32 team reps sitting in 32 separate rooms, all teleconferenced into NFL HQ, and I'd watch the rep whose on the clock and analyze his facial twitches.

I don't even need the war room cams or the Skype interviews with draftees at this point, that's how much I miss football and sports in general. Usually soccer and hockey playoffs are whetting my appetite in football offseason, now I'm just going fucking mad.

Derek Wolfe to the Ravens for almost twice as much as Shelby Harris got, despite Harris being a better player while actually playing full seasons. I think he needs a new agent.

The draft this year might be better than recent years, they have too much extra garbage going on that delays picks being announced.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm actually really excited for this year since the Diggs trade. I hope to god the season doesn't get canceled.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about you guys, but at this point, the NFL draft could be 32 team reps sitting in 32 separate rooms, all teleconferenced into NFL HQ, and I'd watch the rep whose on the clock and analyze his facial twitches.

I don't even need the war room cams or the Skype interviews with draftees at this point, that's how much I miss football and sports in general. Usually soccer and hockey playoffs are whetting my appetite in football offseason, now I'm just going fucking mad.
    I've considered getting Madden and FIFA again just to have sports!!!! UGH!

Trump had a conference call with all the sports commissioners today, and said he "hoped to have people back in stadiums and arenas by August or September." He also said he expected the NFL season to start on time.

The only reaction to that I saw was from Gavin Newsom, gov'r of California, who said he doesn't expect that to be the case, in the nicest way possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything is optimistic guesswork at this point, unless they do something like that NBA idea of all the teams playing in the same warehouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, there's about a zero chance of people being back in stadiums by August. They are massive germ havens and would just make for another surge.

Im even having a hard time seeing just empty stadiums to play in, because football specifically has so many more people than other sports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I don't see the NFL season even starting at normal time, with or without fans. Only way is if somehow warm weather 180's my perspective but I see that unlikely.

This draft class will be perplexing though. Very limited if any workouts, no visits, everything gonna be virtually done. Gonna be weird to see what happens with this class in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah. I don't see the NFL season even starting at normal time, with or without fans. Only way is if somehow warm weather 180's my perspective but I see that unlikely.

This draft class will be perplexing though. Very limited if any workouts, no visits, everything gonna be virtually done. Gonna be weird to see what happens with this class in 3 years.

The regular season doesn't start until the 10th of Sept. Aug 16thish was the first Pre-season game?

That's 5 months out. Over half a year of everything pretty much shut down? 2020 what a year its been!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest trouble for this rookie class will be no spring camps and spring training of both tactics and physique. That's going to be a HUGE problem for them, cause that kind of deficit in learning and training can't be made up so easily.

You see it with rookies that get hurt in the spring every year, that they struggle catching up again during the season, even if they get healthy in time for training camp.

And that's the second thing I think a lot of casual fans are underestimating. You can't just roll into the season. You NEED training camp. You need pre-season matches. Those are vital into getting team tactics and togetherness on the field worked out.

I think even in the best case scenario, we are looking at a season that will have an asterisk next to it, much like a Strike season would have had. It's not going to be normal and the football is going to worse than usual and there's going to be more injuries and teams with a good coaching staff that are better able to deal with all this kind of stuff are going to have a HUGE advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    what a year to break in an entirely new (except OC) coaching staff, eh?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a year to let the GOAT walk to a new team, huh.

Kidding aside I imagine the NFL will be bull headed enough to play games by September. Probably sans fans.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    What a year to move cities and start in a brand new gorgeous stadium.

*sigh*
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    All-Decade team is out http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...alldecade-team

They already brought up Brees, I don't know anyone off the top of my head I could call a snub.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    What a year to move cities and start in a brand new gorgeous stadium.

*sigh*
    Or play for another team for the first time in your career in the last few season of your career with something to prove, or go for a championship with a new team in what may be the last year of your prime (lebron.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.