10+ Year Old Account
    Color commentator Dan Fouts has been let go by CBS from it's no. 2 team. They are looking to pair Ian Eagle with Charles Davis or Trent Green now.

Thank fuck for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Color commentator Dan Fouts has been let go by CBS from it's no. 2 team. They are looking to pair Ian Eagle with Charles Davis or Trent Green now.

Thank fuck for that.
    Networks are looking for commentators, I know there were some prowling for Brees if he retired. They've been trying to land Manning too but he hasn't shown interest.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I know there were some prowling for Brees if he retired.
    News just leaked that NBC has signed Brees to a contract for when he retires with the Saints. Presumably to replace Collinsworth. Good get for NBC, they beat out ESPN.

- - - Updated - - -

"When Brees retires from the Saints, he is expected to start as a game analyst on Notre Dame football and as a studio analyst for “Football Night in America.”"

From a NY Post article that someone quoted on twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    News just leaked that NBC has signed Brees to a contract for when he retires with the Saints. Presumably to replace Collinsworth. Good get for NBC, they beat out ESPN.

- - - Updated - - -

"When Brees retires from the Saints, he is expected to start as a game analyst on Notre Dame football and as a studio analyst for “Football Night in America.”"

That's some Purdue sacrilege right there.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    It's spring now, sport looks no closer to restarting.
    yeah. There was an article on ESPN that polled people. Most said they would not go back until there is a vaccine in place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    yeah. There was an article on ESPN that polled people. Most said they would not go back until there is a vaccine in place.
    Which likely won't be till early 2021, if the experts are to be believed.

There's no way the NFL will wait for that. They'll try to start training and they'll try to start the season.

I don't expect this to have a happy ending.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Is the contract void if he retires on another team?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Is the contract void if he retires on another team?
    He's kinda tied to New Orleans until 2022. Of course, that could always change. Brees will be 45 in 2022. Not sure who would sign him for that money at that age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tavaris Jackson, who backed up Russell Wilson in the Super Bowl, died in a car crash https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/13/tarva...l-quarterback/

- - - Updated - - -

CMC gettin paid https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...90515140231169

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The last 4 RB's since 2012 that got PAID like this were traded or cut within the first 2 years of their new contract...

We'll see how CMC works out, but, hard to imagine the Panthers staying relevant while paying their RB, WR money (even if he is a slot WR to them as well).

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have been around $9m on the 5th year and $14m on the franchise tag, how much better would things look for the Rams if they had gone that route? Anyways, Hurney is notorious for excessive RB contracts, the Williams & Stewart deals from his previous tenure were horribly structured and impossible to escape, I figure the same will be true of this one.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Hurney is notorious for excessive RB contracts, the Williams & Stewart deals from his previous tenure were horribly structured and impossible to escape, I figure the same will be true of this one.
    Oh god. I forgot about those and basically forgot it's still Hurney as GM in Carolina, even if they got a new coach.

RIP Carolina.

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever pay a RB.

Jeez.

CMC is maybe equal to 3/4ths of a WR as well, so this is less bad than say, the Gurley contract or the contract Henry is gonna look for, but it's still a bad contract.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever pay a RB.

Jeez.

CMC is maybe equal to 3/4ths of a WR as well, so this is less bad than say, the Gurley contract or the contract Henry is gonna look for, but it's still a bad contract.
    He is also like 95% of their offense. How bad the contract is will depend on if they are stuck with him for all 4 years when they run him into the ground before then.

Thing is, CMC is like the only super star on Carolina, they are on a rebuild mode, no other guys will get paid like that so it is ok, CMC can also work as a receiver.

Tbh last year there were some games he carried Carolina all by himself, JAX game was a example, he did so much during that game.

Hmm lets watch how much Saquon will get paid lol.
    Last edited by PokeKitty; 2020-04-15 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Thing is, CMC is like the only super star on Carolina, they are on a rebuild mode, no other guys will get paid like that so it is ok, CMC can also work as a receiver.

Tbh last year there were some games he carried Carolina all by himself, JAX game was a example, he did so much during that game.

Hmm lets watch how much Saquon will get paid lol.
    That's even less of a reason to pay him. It's clear Carolina is in full rebuild. They're aiming for a high draft pick this year, then maybe bringing along a rookie QB in years 3-4 of CMC's contract. They have no window in this 4 year contract to win. You're just paying a guy to be run into the ground for the next 4 years while you hope you hit on a QB, not even this year, but next year.

And if you don't run him into the ground, and he continues to be great......you're just back to right where you were a few days ago......pay him an insane contract, or find another RB somewhere with some worth in a mid-to-late round.

Our 3rd round RB from last year was already the most productive back we've had in some years. He averaged like 5 YPC last year, and his stats would have been better if our coaches didn't insist on running Frank Gore up the middle at least 10 times a game. But mark my words, in 3 years when his contract is up, I'll be advocating to let him walk, and just draft another one. RB is so easy to find depth at, in the middle of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    That's even less of a reason to pay him. It's clear Carolina is in full rebuild. They're aiming for a high draft pick this year, then maybe bringing along a rookie QB in years 3-4 of CMC's contract. They have no window in this 4 year contract to win. You're just paying a guy to be run into the ground for the next 4 years while you hope you hit on a QB, not even this year, but next year.

And if you don't run him into the ground, and he continues to be great......you're just back to right where you were a few days ago......pay him an insane contract, or find another RB somewhere with some worth in a mid-to-late round.

Our 3rd round RB from last year was already the most productive back we've had in some years. He averaged like 5 YPC last year, and his stats would have been better if our coaches didn't insist on running Frank Gore up the middle at least 10 times a game. But mark my words, in 3 years when his contract is up, I'll be advocating to let him walk, and just draft another one. RB is so easy to find depth at, in the middle of the draft.
    Could Carolina take a QB in the first at 7? Either Tua slipping or Herbert? Let them play a couple of years behind Bridgewater and build a year or two more?
    Or take Love, Eason, Fromm, or Hurts in the second or later?
    Last edited by Logwyn; 2020-04-16 at 05:14 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Could Carolina take a QB in the first at 7? Either Tua slipping or Herbert? Let them play a couple of years behind Bridgewater and build a year or two more?
    Or take Love, Eason, Fromm, or Hurts in the second or later?
    At this point they'd probably need someone to pass on a QB if they want to get one of the Big 3. Since the expectation is Burrow, Tua, and Herbert go to some combination of the Bengals, Dolphins, and Chargers.

Second round maybe. I know for some reason mocks are having as many as 5 guys going first round, but I think in the end it's 4 at most. Someone will probably fall to them in the second, question is if it's someone they like.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    At this point they'd probably need someone to pass on a QB if they want to get one of the Big 3. Since the expectation is Burrow, Tua, and Herbert go to some combination of the Bengals, Dolphins, and Chargers.

Second round maybe. I know for some reason mocks are having as many as 5 guys going first round, but I think in the end it's 4 at most. Someone will probably fall to them in the second, question is if it's someone they like.
    I agree with you. Carolina has not been know for trading away to make huge jumps either.

Well, I didn't even know Carolina was that far up the draft board.

7 is plausible to take a QB, but if Herbert is going before 7, idk who you'd take who wouldn't be considered a massive reach. The Chargers claim that they're fine with Tyrod at QB, but I guess that doesn't mean they won't groom one. That'd be their best bet for hoping someone passes.