10+ Year Old Account
    So now the patriots gonna unveil a new uniform... guess its the year of new uniforms that wont get worn this year.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Well, I didn't even know Carolina was that far up the draft board.

7 is plausible to take a QB, but if Herbert is going before 7, idk who you'd take who wouldn't be considered a massive reach. The Chargers claim that they're fine with Tyrod at QB, but I guess that doesn't mean they won't groom one. That'd be their best bet for hoping someone passes.
    Yeah if the Big 3 are gone, Panthers are either gonna draft someone else or trade back for a Tier 2 guy.

Honestly with Teddie there I think they're gonna pass on a QB if the Big 3 are gone. If he bombs, this roster is bad enough to put them in the Trevor Lawrence competition next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    So now the patriots gonna unveil a new uniform... guess its the year of new uniforms that wont get worn this year.
    I wanna pretend they've had these unis in storage for 10 years and were waiting for Brady to leave to use them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Right in time to usher in a new era of bag-on-head losing by the Patriots, imo. I long for the 90s, when Pats fans were embarrassed to be publicly seen at Foxborough. Let's see how many of the bandwagon fans stick around when Tommy Boy is gone and the Pats start being average-to-bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as an aside - what's gonna happen to Josh Rosen? I'm obviously interested in the class of '18 since that's the class my QB is from. My worst nightmare is a stable team with good coaching (i.e., the Patriots) picking him up and him suddenly be good. Let him be bad forever so I don't have to question my team like I already do over DeShaun Watson, Pat Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, etc.

Every team is open to trading up or down in the draft. Really no idea why the media reports that stuff, if a GM isn't finding out if moving around is possible they aren't doing their job well.

Right in time to usher in a new era of bag-on-head losing by the Patriots, imo. I long for the 90s, when Pats fans were embarrassed to be publicly seen at Foxborough. Let's see how many of the bandwagon fans stick around when Tommy Boy is gone and the Pats start being average-to-bad.
    Hate to break it to you, but Brady being gone won't make them suddenly stop winning 11-12 games every year. They consistently have one of the easiest schedules every year, solid special teams and good defenses. Their defense only gave up more than 17 points 4 games (all losses). You could have given them one of the terrible offenses like the Broncos, Bears or Bengals and they still would have won as many games.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Every team is open to trading up or down in the draft. Really no idea why the media reports that stuff, if a GM isn't finding out if moving around is possible they aren't doing their job well.

Hate to break it to you, but Brady being gone won't make them suddenly stop winning 11-12 games every year. They consistently have one of the easiest schedules every year, solid special teams and good defenses. Their defense only gave up more than 17 points 4 games (all losses). You could have given them one of the terrible offenses like the Broncos, Bears or Bengals and they still would have won as many games.
    Vegas currently has win totals for the Bills at o/u 9, and the Pats 8.5.

Even Vegas thinks the reign of the Pats is over. And they're usually pretty good at pegging over/unders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Giants GM says he's open to trading 4th pick. Actually a logical statement from the guy who traded our third round pick for nothing.
    I mean you have to be open to trading that. You and the Lions are the two teams that'll get calls from teams looking to leapfrog the Dolphins for a QB. Heck you probably get calls from the Dolphins to block that move.

- - - Updated - - -

Vegas currently has win totals for the Bills at o/u 9, and the Pats 8.5.

Even Vegas thinks the reign of the Pats is over. And they're usually pretty good at pegging over/unders.
    I dunno that doesn't scream over to me. That screams "might win a game they shouldn't have and take the division over the Bills and then go on a surprise run to the Super Bowl."

If Giants trade back and draft a decent OL im fine with it... but the guy I want the most is probably Simmons, and if Chase Young somehow is on the board that would be a miracle. Yeah right now I think they will do something weird just like last years draft...

Cant wait for the draft, it is been like a month without sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Giants GM says he's open to trading 4th pick. Actually a logical statement from the guy who traded our third round pick for nothing.
    Every deal/trade is on the table until its not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have this crazy gut feeling today that the Dolphins are gonna draft Herbert. The Chargers are going to pass on Tua in favor of Tank for Trevor, the Panthers will pass because he's basically the same thing Cam Newton is right now (injured athletic QB). And then Tua falls into the mid teens where the Patriots trade up to draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I have this crazy gut feeling today that the Dolphins are gonna draft Herbert. The Chargers are going to pass on Tua in favor of Tank for Trevor, the Panthers will pass because he's basically the same thing Cam Newton is right now (injured athletic QB). And then Tua falls into the mid teens where the Patriots trade up to draft him.
    That would be insane and I would scream into the void if that happened.

The Patriots are used to not having 1st round picks anyway, might as well waste one on an Alabama QB that is made of glass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    The Patriots are used to not having 1st round picks anyway, might as well waste one on an Alabama QB that is made of glass.
    Would also be the most Belichick then ever to decide when the rest of the league is following the Patriot Way and drafting pocket statues to trade up for an injured athletic QB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    And then Tua falls into the mid teens where the Patriots trade up to draft him.
    Fun fantasy, but Tua doesn't make it past the Raiders at 12. No way. And Belichick is not going to trade up to a spot above the Raiders, cause that would cost him like 3 picks, across multiple years, which is something he's never ever done.

So, I can see Tua dropping out of the top 5, but no way is he making it to the Patriots.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Patriots jerseys are out. All I can say is meh. Kinda dig the blue one, which is a lot like the Color Rush uniform we had past few years. White one, looks kinda bad.

Also not sure why they didn't switch to a white helmet to go with this change and drop the silver completely, but ah well.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Tagovalia is at 12, the Raiders are going to either take him, or demand the most ridiculous price for him.

I don't see Tua falling that low, and I hate the idea that we pass up on Lamb or Jeudy and end up with a Ruggs.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Tampa and Cleveland’s new unis are great. The patriots are decent but could use a few tweaks to be really good. Atlanta’s are god awful.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    New Patriots jerseys are out. All I can say is meh. Kinda dig the blue one, which is a lot like the Color Rush uniform we had past few years. White one, looks kinda bad.

Also not sure why they didn't switch to a white helmet to go with this change and drop the silver completely, but ah well.
    I don't know how they're gonna fit Tagliovola or however you spell Tua's name between those stripes.

(I joke about it as a defensive method to inure myself against the possibility of the Pats getting Tua.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Reports that KC might be hoping to get Ruggs if he falls far enough. Because the Chiefs have to have the fastest team alive.

They look like someone had some fabric leftover and just decided to add to the shoulders. Better than the New Falcons though.

10+ Year Old Account

I really don't get who the heck decided on the multi-color shoulders. You take those off and it's at least a respectable uniform. Heck on the blue uniforms that probably would have looked fine.

But bright red on white just draws your attention away from everything else.