Guess Elway figured if he takes a receiver with every pick a couple will work out.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Guess Elway figured if he takes a receiver with every pick a couple will work out.
    I'm reminded of that draft where the Packers took like 3-4 WRs and only one of them ended up "okay."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    At least he's picking fast guys, they'll need that speed to come back for every pass Lock underthrows.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Interesting pick by the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    At least he's picking fast guys, they'll need that speed to come back for every pass Lock underthrows.
    Not sure how much he underthrew receivers last year, will have to see when his playcaller lets receivers run routes past 5 yards more than a couple times a game instead of calling running plays for a TE.

Ughhh G Man didn't pick a DE, we have like 0 pass rush. We got someone to pair with Bradberry so...

Bills fill a need with a DE at 54 who most had 1st round grades on. Much thanks to Seattle for picking some other DE no one has ever heard of.

We have 2 32 year old DEs, so this was probably inevitable. Now target AJ Dillon in the 3rd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what I'm enjoying more. The Cowboys draft, or the Eagles draft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaron Rodgers > Jordan Love.

Aaron Jones > AJ Dillon.

I.... am scratching my head hard now. Are they just betting there is no 2020 season and are building a whole new team for 2021 or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow ESPN is digging up every sappy, sad story on every player drafted instead of playing some highlights. or showing highlights of family members instead of the player themselves.

They had a month without real sports. They coulda prepped for this much better.

Anyone complaining about the Packers picking up a quarterback forget/don't recall that they did the same thing years ago when we had Favre and picked up Rodgers. People bitched and moaned then as well and Rodgers spent a few years playing behind Favre and became what we have today. At the end of the day, it's a business and they're looking for the long game. I'm in my 40s and have season tickets for about 15 years now, which are now at about 25 year waiting list and yes, I would have loved to see a great WR pickup for the 2020/2021 season, but if they can recreate Rodgers in any sense, that's the smart play for the long game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Anyone complaining about the Packers picking up a quarterback forget/don't recall that they did the same thing years ago when we had Favre and picked up Rodgers. People bitched and moaned then as well and Rodgers spent a few years playing behind Favre and became what we have today. At the end of the day, it's a business and they're looking for the long game. I'm in my 40s and have season tickets for about 15 years now, which are now at about 25 year waiting list and yes, I would have loved to see a great WR pickup for the 2020/2021 season, but if they can recreate Rodgers in any sense, that's the smart play for the long game.
    The difference was Favre had threatened to retire, the Packers hadn't just made the NFC Championship, and they didn't trade up for Rodgers. This is a team with a window, and at this point it seems like they've slammed shut the window and are doing the same thing the LA Rams are doing. Blowing it up because they got their doors blown off in a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Bills fill a need with a DE at 54 who most had 1st round grades on. Much thanks to Seattle for picking some other DE no one has ever heard of.

We have 2 32 year old DEs, so this was probably inevitable. Now target AJ Dillon in the 3rd.
    He didn't get picked early in the 2nd round was a bit surprise. And Panthers picked a DE over him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so used to the Saints trading up that its kind of disappointing when they don't. Still plenty of time for them to revert to form though.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Not sure what I'm enjoying more. The Cowboys draft, or the Eagles draft.
    AHAHAHAHAHA They took Hurts! I kinda feel sorry for em. Maybe they can line him up at rb.

- - - Updated - - -

Chiefs got someone who sounds like an attitude issue. Bit worried about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's the trade up, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Chiefs got someone who sounds like an attitude issue. Bit worried about that.
    Worried that Tyreek will beat him if he mouths off?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    There's the trade up, nice.

Worried that Tyreek will beat him if he mouths off?
    nah. Tyreek only goes after people that cant fight back.

Broncos with 2 WRs and a corner, Raiders 3 WRs and a corner. Guess both teams had the same idea going into the draft.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The difference was Favre had threatened to retire, the Packers hadn't just made the NFC Championship, and they didn't trade up for Rodgers. This is a team with a window, and at this point it seems like they've slammed shut the window and are doing the same thing the LA Rams are doing. Blowing it up because they got their doors blown off in a playoff game.
    PLUS Rodgers was the possible #1 vs Alex Smith leading right up to the day and stunningly fell and kept falling into the Packers' hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    PLUS Rodgers was the possible #1 vs Alex Smith leading right up to the day and stunningly fell and kept falling into the Packers' hands.
    Frankly with how that first round played out you could probably have traded back like the Pats did and still have gotten Love and gained picks to build around your QB of today and 2 years down the road.

Man, tired Roger Goddell is so meme-worthy.