10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Lots of kickers become available, I'm just curious who they're trying to stash away that will be released to make room for that kicker, but that they don't want to release until its too late for someone else to nab him.
    We are carrying 10 offensive linemen. So probably one of them. If I had to guess either Mike Onwenu, humongous guard we drafted out of Michigan this year, or Justin Herron, tackle we drafted out of Wake Forest this year. Both had good camps, but probably not quite good enough to become the gameday back ups right now.

We also have a Danish guy we drafted last year, Hjalte Froholdt, who by all accounts seems to have taken the back up Guard and Center job and Yodney Cajuste, tackle prospect from last year, who is likely the back up Tackle. Both spent the full season on IR last year and have yet to see game action in the regular season.

Patriots have question marks at both tackle spots but especially right tackle. Cannon opted out and there's a very very very good chance that if any of the linemen we have now secure the RT job that they will hold on to it into the future and Cannon gets cut.

There's also the fact that LG Joe Thuney is on a Franchise tag and likely walks next season and that we will likely need more depth to cover that too in the future.

All reasons to keep more linemen this year and have them compete for as long as is possible. (though we definitely don't need 10 on active roster)

The IR rules are really lax this year, actually. You can come back after 3 weeks, as long as you make the final 53 and then get put on IR.

I know that's what we're doing with at least one of our players.......a starting guard, Feliciano, tore his pec a couple weeks ago and probably has 4 more weeks on his rehab. So he "made" the 53 today, tomorrow he'll be put on IR. And then we've already said that two of the vets we cut Andre Holmes, a PR/KR/WR, and Dean Marlowe, S (who don't have to go through waivers) will be re-signed once those IR designations are made.

- - - Updated - - -

Locked up our CB1, Tre White....4 year extension, 70m. Generally a good deal all around, he becomes the highest paid CB in the league (17.5m a year), but will only be 30 when the deal expires, so he has time to make another mega-deal if he wants. And for the Bills, it pushes off the money for two years, seeing as he has two years left on his rookie deal, and we locked him in not only under 20m, but under 18m APY.

And before you say anything, yes, I think he's the best CB in the league. I've made the argument that he's better than Gilmore, Gilmore just gets more national exposure, and the stats would generally back that up.

Much like how Gilmore was the same CB he is now in New England that he was in Buffalo, but no one knew who the fuck he is because he played in Buffalo.

- - - Updated - - -

Rosen signing on Tampa Bay's practice squad to learn behind the GOAT. Also an offensive minded coach with an OC who loved his game out of college.

I imagine he'll at least be third string soon enough, considering I've never even heard of TB's third stringer.

Looks like Von Miller is out for the season because of an injury to his ankle suffered today. Good luck to all the Broncos fans.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Looks like Von Miller is out for the season because of an injury to his ankle suffered today. Good luck to all the Broncos fans.
    Good thing Chubb is back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Season ending ankle injury. Not good. Hopefully he recovers, been through a rough year. He also was one of the first players to catch covid earlier this year... aside from the player that Jay Glazer had the scoop of the century on.

First game is next Thursday.
    TOMORROW!!!

Can't wait! I may have to stay up and watch it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Good thing Chubb is back.
    Isn't he still also not 100%

There's talk that the first few games he'll play limited downs.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Isn't he still also not 100%

There's talk that the first few games he'll play limited downs.
    Yes, and they only kept 4 OLB too. It is going to be people no one outside of Denver (or ND state I guess) playing most of the OLB snaps.

Unless they sign Cameron Wake or hopefully not Suggs.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Honestly, this season of the NFL does not have me excited... like at all. I am glad it is back, but I really don't have much interest at all because we know so little and some teams have had major shake ups. And honestly, this season is going to have an Asterisk next to it, just like the strike season, because it is going to be so different from other seasons.

Hell, we could even see Forfeited games due a team testing positive. This season has the potential to be a very weird season.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Jalen Ramsey 5 years $105 million

He had a lot of leverage considering how much they gave up in trade for him.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright nerds it's predictions day!

Playoffs, Seeded:

NFC:
    Saints
    Seahawks
    Packers
    Cowboys
    49ers
    Buccs
    Cardinals

I think the NFC's gonna see a log jam in those top 3 seeds this season. At least the top 2 seeds. Ended up going Saints because I like matching up with a rebuilding Panthers and doomed-coach Falcons more than I do the Lions/Bears or Cardinals/Rams.

AFC:
    Chiefs
    Ravens
    Bills
    Colts
    Steelers
    Titans
    Patriots

AFC I think is pretty easy to pick out, and I think it'll be some combination of these 7. Chiefs seem set to roll over their division, may be a 15-1 candidate. Ravens I just trust more than a coming-off-injury Big Ben. Bills if they end up #2 wouldn't surprise me with how bad that division looks. Texans I predict their demise every year and they make me look foolish, but I still think BOB is dead coach walking, or at least dead GM walking. And Patriots sneak in at like 9-7.

Playoff Picks:

Wild Card:
    49ers over Cowboys
    Buccs over Packers
    Seahawks over Cardinals

Steelers over Colts
    Bills over Titans
    Ravens over Patriots

Divisional:
    Seahawks over 49ers
    Saints over Buccs

Chiefs over Steelers
    Ravens over Bills

Conference:
    Seahawks over Saints
    Ravens over Chiefs

SB55:
    Ravens over Seahawks, Lamar Jackson follows the Patrick Mahomes path of MVP > Super Bowl.

And because I'm a pessimist, teams firing their Coach:

Jets
    Texans (I will predict this every year and eventually be right)
    Chargers
    Bears
    Falcons

Might end up surprised by the Lions and Broncos. I don't see anyone going one and done this year.

Not-So-Bold Prediction but Bold Extrapolation:

And the Chargers comically fail to sell out SoFi Stadium and we start talking about "do the Chargers need to get out of LA?"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Not-So-Bold Prediction but Bold Extrapolation:

And the Chargers comically fail to sell out SoFi Stadium and we start talking about "do the Chargers need to get out of LA?"
    I don't think a prediction could be less bold than predicting an absence of fans in SoFi Stadium
    /s

Cowboys over Colts.

Cowboys added Aldon Smith and their pass rush looks like it will be utterly impossible to stop. They will run over the NFL this year.

Colts went 7-9 last year and added Rivers, rookie RB Johnathan Taylor, and traded for a premiere pass rusher in DeForest Buckner to pair with a group that was already looking strong in pass rush.

Both look like typical super bowl teams that run at will and bury the opposing QB under a pile of DEs and LBs.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Playoffs, Seeded:

NFC:
    1. Packers
    2. Saints
    3. Seahawks
    4. Cowboys
    5. 49ers
    6. Vikings
    7. Falcons

IDK, I think the North is Green Bay's to lose. Only possible competition is the Vikings, who I picked to barely squeak in with the new 7th seed. Saints are only 2nd because Falcons, Carolina, Bucs all just got slightly better, with the Bucs making the biggest leap.

AFC:
    1.Chiefs
    2. Bills
    3. Ravens
    4. Texans
    5. Steelers
    6. Patriots
    7. San Diego

Bottom of this list, who knows. I can see the Patriots, San Diego, Raiders, Browns, Titans all fighting for that spot. But I can't believe Derrick Henry is just gonna carry that Titans team all over again.

Playoff Picks:

Wild Card:
    Saints over Falcons
    Seahawks over Vikings
    49ers over Cowboys

Bills over Chargers
    Ravens over Patriots
    Texans over Steelers

Divisional:
    Green Bay over 49ers (but close)
    Seahawks over Saints on the road

Chiefs over Texans
    Bills over Ravens, just because of the home field (hopefully they let us be there)

Conference:
    Seahawks over Green Bay
    Chiefs over Bills

SB55:
    Chiefs over Seahawks, can't see Mahomes losing to Russ.

Teams firing their Coach:

Jets
    Bears
    Lions (Patricia doin nothin' for the Bill Bellicheck tree)

Bold Prediction:

Dolphins have a chance to finish 2nd in the AFC East.

AFC NORTH:
    Ravens (3)
    Steelers (5)
    Browns
    Bengals
    AFC SOUTH:
    Titans (1)
    Colts (6)
    Texans
    Jaguars
    AFC WEST:
    Chiefs (2)
    Chargers
    Broncos
    Raiders
    AFC EAST:
    Patriots (4)
    Bills (7)
    Dolphins
    Jets

NFC NORTH:
    Vikings (4)
    Packers
    Lions
    Bears
    NFC SOUTH:
    Buccaneers (3)
    Saints (5)
    Falcons (6)
    Panthers
    NFC WEST:
    49ers (2)
    Seahawks (7)
    Rams
    Cardinals
    NFC EAST:
    Cowboys (1)
    Giants
    Eagles
    Football Team

AFC PLAYOFFS:

Chiefs vs Bills
    Ravens vs Colts
    Patriots vs Steelers
    Titans vs Colts
    Chiefs vs Patriots
    Titans vs Chiefs

NFC PLAYOFFS:
    49ers vs Seahawks
    Buccaneers vs Falcons
    Vikings vs Saints
    Cowboys vs Vikings
    49ers vs Buccaneers
    Cowboys vs Buccaneers

SUPERBOWL:
    Titans vs Buccaneers

Teams firing their Coach:
    Jaguars
    Texans
    Lions
    Jets

Bold Prediction (Besides Titans+Buccaneers being in the Super Bowl):
    Dak wins MVP
    Jonathan Taylor wins ROY
    Belichek wins COTY
    Aaron Rodgers Retires
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2020-09-09 at 09:12 PM.

AFCE:
    Bills
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Jets - Gase gets canned mid season

AFCN:
    Steelers
    Ravens
    Browns
    Bengals

AFCS:
    Colts
    Titans
    Texans
    Jags - Their front office clearly wants the #1 pick

AFCW:
    Chiefs
    Broncos - Not having Flacco and a OC that kept running TE sweeps for negative yards should help?
    Raiders
    Chargers

NFCE:
    Cowboys
    Eagles
    Giants

NFCN:
    Vikings
    Packers
    Bears
    Lions - Stafford will need to throw for 7k yards and 80 TDs to overcome that defense

NFCS:
    Saints
    Falcons
    Bucs
    Panthers

NFCW:
    Seahawks
    49ers
    Rams
    Cardinals - Vance Joseph

10+ Year Old Account
    Jalen Ramsey 5 years $105 million

He had a lot of leverage considering how much they gave up in trade for him.
    If only the Seahawks could retain who they trade for....

15+ Year Old Account
    Playoffs, Seeded:

NFC:
    1. Packers
    Bold to pick the team that did nothing to help their best player.

This season feels surreal to me. I'm still in disbelief it's happening. Is it another sequestered dome situation or is it going get postponed by week 6?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Did I just read a prediction that the TITANS would be the #1 seed in the AFC? Like......wtf.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think a prediction could be less bold than predicting an absence of fans in SoFi Stadium
    yeah the bold is me saying the NFL heads might actually start thinking of moving the Chargers again.

- - - Updated - - -

Did I just read a prediction that the TITANS would be the #1 seed in the AFC? Like......wtf.
    Did I miss them trading for Rodgers or something?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)