Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Being a Cowboys fan is like repeatedly slamming your face into a brick wall and expecting it not to hurt the next time. Such a frustrating team to watch
    Sounds familiar.
    In the last 30 seasons The Browns have ended with a winning record only 3 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    And they will still win their division with those 4 wins.
    Idunno, they're not gonna play the Falcons three more times, and it might take 5 wins to best the Eagles.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Idunno, they're not gonna play the Falcons three more times, and it might take 5 wins to best the Eagles.
    Well at the rate this season's going the NFC East is gonna have 12 wins total.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Bill O'Brien finally axed as both coach and GM in Houston. Another branch on the Bill Bellicheck coaching tree shrivels up and dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, did the Texans really do something intelligent? I'm loath to believe it.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I predicted it every year and I'm finally right!

Though I do think he gets snatched up as a Head Coach again next year. Just not as a GM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Bill O'Brien should have never gotten GM duties. His GM-ship killed the competitiveness of the team in the long run and apparently in the short run too.

He had a pretty decent run, took his team to the playoffs several times, but his time was definitely up in Houston.

I know some people hate him, but let's credit him with at least not being Adam Gase level bad.

Turns out taking over play calling duties didn't help him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Bill O'Brien finally axed as both coach and GM in Houston. Another branch on the Bill Bellicheck coaching tree shrivels up and dies.
    He is replaced with another one that I thought was buried already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats kinda surprising. Didn't think they would ever fire him. Dude was ruining Watson's career.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think Bill O'Brien should have never gotten GM duties. His GM-ship killed the competitiveness of the team in the long run and apparently in the short run too.

He had a pretty decent run, took his team to the playoffs several times, but his time was definitely up in Houston.

I know some people hate him, but let's credit him with at least not being Adam Gase level bad.
    The Tunsil trade was largely a shrug, IDK why they felt like he was worth keeping in the GM chair. Especially when two years ago they went all in on that Patriots guy, and could have landed him last offseason.

Also now that Houston has gone first I figure we'll hear tomorrow that Dan Quinn has been fired. After the Packers wax the Falcons tonight.

Gase's goose is probably cooked next week.

Turns out taking over play calling duties didn't help him at all.

He is replaced with another one that I thought was buried already.
    I don't think Romeo Crennel is in any serious consideration to ever drop the "Interim" from his title. It's just a case of not being able to hire many coaches outside of the offseason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Romeo Crennel is in any serious consideration to ever drop the "Interim" from his title. It's just a case of not being able to hire many coaches outside of the offseason.
    There's already people trying to draw lines to Josh McDaniels and Dabo Sweeney, there's no real belief Crennel is gonna keep the job.

This is probably just they knew he was gone, they need to hire a GM sooner rather than later since they basically were without one anyway, and it's clear that O'Brien had lost the team.

I don't understand why McDaniels always comes up when a team needs a HC. Do people just completely ignore everything he has done outside of NE?

I just meant for the rest of this season, not beyond that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why McDaniels always comes up when a team needs a HC. Do people just completely ignore everything he has done outside of NE?
    Appears that way. He must be really charismatic cause there's no reason to like him on paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The Tunsil trade was largely a shrug, IDK why they felt like he was worth keeping in the GM chair. Especially when two years ago they went all in on that Patriots guy, and could have landed him last offseason.

Also now that Houston has gone first I figure we'll hear tomorrow that Dan Quinn has been fired. After the Packers wax the Falcons tonight.

Gase's goose is probably cooked next week.
    Idk, Falcons offense is at full strength and the Packers defense is without Kenny Clark & Savage. It's going to be a shootout.

10+ Year Old Account

Idunno, have you seen Tunsil's contract?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Idunno, have you seen Tunsil's contract?
    Trading for Tunsil without a contract extension in place on good terms was one of the major mistakes he made. His GM ship was awful from just about any measure you could take, absolutely.

As a coach though? You don't stay in position as a coach for 7 years and taking your team to the playoffs more often then not by beign Gase level bad.

ANYWAY,

Patriots at Chiefs. Patriots without starting QB, C, RG and running back. It would be a miracle if the Patriots win this, but it would not surprise me if we can keep it close to start and lose it eventually as the Chiefs get their shit together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trading for Tunsil without a contract extension in place on good terms was one of the major mistakes he made. His GM ship was awful from just about any measure you could take, absolutely.

As a coach though? You don't stay in position as a coach for 7 years and taking your team to the playoffs more often then not by beign Gase level bad.
    Both the Texans and Jets are horribly run organizations coming off disastrous off-seasons where they traded away their best players and are now 0-4. I just see O'Brien as more responsible for the disaster than Gase. Obviously Gase should be fired, that he hasn't is more indicative of the extreme organizational flaws above him.

Track record didn't save O'Brien's job and it doesn't convince me, right now there's not much difference between the two, they should both be unemployed soon, and teams should think long and hard before hiring either.
    /s

I just meant for the rest of this season, not beyond that.
    IDK. Our current OC, Brian Daboll, is currently one of the favorite for getting a HC job in the offseason because of his development of Josh Allen. This is his 2nd year with Bills, the year before that he won a National Championship as OC with Alabama when he benched Hurts for Tua in the 2nd half of the Championship game....

...but before that, he was truly awful, in terms of what he accomplished. But what he had to work with was also truly awful.

I think a good coach with the right tools is gonna make do. Did McDaniels work with anyone QB-wise who ever amounted to anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoyer has been pretty off with his throws except the one slant. If that continues we are in trouble.