Both Patriots and Titans had positive tests this morning (Titans it was on their coaching staff).

Now, Denver at New England is being moved to next Sunday, but the Titans-Bills game is still on the schedule for Tuesday as of now. Rescheduling Denver-Miami next week.

Awful lot of accommodation for the Patriots/Titans, and not for the Bills, at this point. They're waffling on making a decision on that Tuesday game because the real solution is a forfeit and they don't want to do that. Meanwhile, the Bills might have to play a team where someone just tested positive two days before.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The gymnastics to keep this going are nuts. This is why people talked about pausing the season.
    Nooo.... We'll have to keep Dan Quinn... No please.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Patriots are the prime example of why this season needs to be stopped, and stopped right now. By all accounts the Patriots have kept up with the protocols throughout and yet every few days a new case pops up for us, despite their best efforts to stop them from happening.

They already let us play 1 game where we had active cases walking around, they need to be smart and make sure that other teams do not get fucked up like we are right now, with no idea where the next case will come from and constant pressure to stay safe AND still play games, maybe, perhaps, on some day as of yet to be decided.

Pull the plug, keep the players and teams safe, keep their FAMILIES safe. Cause this thing will just spread more and more if teams continue to be forced to play. It;s inevitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to agree with you, but when you use the patriots as an example I don't.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I want to agree with you, but when you use the patriots as an example I don't.
    I don’t want to admit I’m this petty of a dick but I am.

NBA really got it right with the bubble. Are nfl rosters just too big without enough close fields available to do their own version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing that seems certain to me is that the Titans/Bills game should absolutely not be played. I don't know if Tennessee is ever going to be in a position to play this year the way things have gotten drawn out.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Turns out that potentially the league was going to still play Broncos-Patriots on Monday, their communications seemed to indicate that they were thinking about it at least. And then rumor has it the Patriots were just going to refuse to play if the league forced their hand, which made the league back off and postpone.

Hoping the Titans and Bills show similar fortitude. Titans especially are in no state to be playing with the positives they continue to have every few days. There's just no way their outbreak is contained.

So the Broncos basically lose their bye week (great news for a team with half the starters hurt). The Dolphins have their bye moved and the Chargers now have 2 games currently scheduled for week 8 despite neither team having anything to do with the games being delayed. This will also cause the Jags (at minimum) to also have a game changed.

The NFL is doing a really good job with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    So the Broncos basically lose their bye week (great news for a team with half the starters hurt). The Dolphins have their bye moved and the Chargers now have 2 games currently scheduled for week 8 despite neither team having anything to do with the games being delayed. This will also cause the Jags (at minimum) to also have a game changed.

The NFL is doing a really good job with this.
    After seeing how badly things went in the first few weeks of the MLB season, I'm not at all surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

Only got one afternoon game televised and its an NFC Least snoozefest, so I guess my afternoon is free.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're a defence purist, don't watch the Raiders @ Chiefs.

If you love two offences slugging it out like a Rocky fight though..
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alex Smith is back and should win Comeback Player by default.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I didn't know Devontae Booker was on the Raiders now. I'm pretty sure that 43 yard run also doubled his career long, because he never did that anything close to that in Denver.

So IDK how Bills/Titans is still on the schedule......but Bills/Chiefs has officially moved to MNF at 5 PM EST (10 GMT for our European friends, so you can possibly watch MNF!)

Weird just being at home on a Sunday. Not even watching the other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Alex Smith is back and should win Comeback Player by default.
    Right now he's 7 of 8 for 32 yards, picking up right where he left off.
    /s

The NFL announced a bunch of schedule changes, seems like a lot of work instead of just having Broncos/Pats at the end of the season instead.

If they were going to do this, they should have made up a Jets/Falcons game. I want to see the Jets offense against the Falcons defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The Patriots are the prime example of why this season needs to be stopped, and stopped right now. By all accounts the Patriots have kept up with the protocols throughout and yet every few days a new case pops up for us, despite their best efforts to stop them from happening.

They already let us play 1 game where we had active cases walking around, they need to be smart and make sure that other teams do not get fucked up like we are right now, with no idea where the next case will come from and constant pressure to stay safe AND still play games, maybe, perhaps, on some day as of yet to be decided.

Pull the plug, keep the players and teams safe, keep their FAMILIES safe. Cause this thing will just spread more and more if teams continue to be forced to play. It;s inevitable.
    Thing is there hasn't been much team-to-team transmission that we know of. Its limited to within team. If that keeps up then games will just get shuffled around. Once theres an outbreak between two teams that played recently then I imagine the season will get paused.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Thing is there hasn't been much team-to-team transmission that we know of. Its limited to within team. If that keeps up then games will just get shuffled around. Once theres an outbreak between two teams that played recently then I imagine the season will get paused.
    I think so long as it's 1-2 games a week they'll keep going. If it reaches a point where they need to move 4 games and there's nowhere to put them, I think then they talk about a pause.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know Devontae Booker was on the Raiders now. I'm pretty sure that 43 yard run also doubled his career long, because he never did that anything close to that in Denver.
    They're using him in rotation with Jacobs to just pound at defences to wear them out.

Eventually one of them breaks through because they keep fresh.

The NFL announced a bunch of schedule changes, seems like a lot of work instead of just having Broncos/Pats at the end of the season instead.

If they were going to do this, they should have made up a Jets/Falcons game. I want to see the Jets offense against the Falcons defense.
    Except for a select few...the falcons don't have a defense just a few people putting on a jersey.

Falcons 0-5! Woot! Will Blank fire DQ? Will I just plan to do something else than watch this dumpster fire of team on Sundays? Bah.
    Last edited by Logwyn; 2020-10-11 at 07:59 PM. Reason: The Falcons suck

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be honest.

No one saw this coming.