10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Russ might have struggled his last couple of games, but you've also been down to your 3rd or 4th string RB the last couple of games as well. Hell at one point I think you literally had just your 4th-string RB left because Carson and Hyde were out and Homer got hurt during the game (been following the Seahawks run game closely this season because I drafted Wilson and Carson in fantasy). Having Carson and/or Hyde back will help a lot for your offense since it makes your run game a lot more threatening and should open up things in the passing game.

Your defensive struggles are another issue entirely, however. Though I still wouldn't write it off entirely, wouldn't be the first time we've seen a team whose defense played horribly for must of the season only to get things together in time for the playoffs. In fact, I seem to recall the Chiefs being criticized for their defensive play during the season the last couple of years but were able to tighten it up in time for the playoffs.
    Its just the ints and being off on his deep passes that scares me. Doesn't look like himself. I hope Carson is back soon, or at least Hyde. I am a fan of Homer, but hes not a 3 down back.

Defense I don't see fixing. It was bad even with everyone healthy. Maybe if Dunlap and Snacks start playing well, but I honestly think its a playcalling/scheme thing.

Even as a Vikings fan, I have to ask if the refs are blind because that should have been roughing the passer.

So far all they've called are some tickytack holding calls on our tight ends while ignoring far more blatant flags by both teams. Not sure what is up with these refs.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad they won, but that win did not inspire much confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Drew Lock is likely to miss another game because of injury. Hopefully they don't use his constantly being injured as an excuse to not draft a QB early.

If Winston throws less picks the Saints will be fine. The Bucs were 3rd both yards and points per game last year.
    Jameis has apparently been throwing half-blind for years. He just got his eyes fixed this off-season, so I want to see what 20/20 Jameis can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    I think it’s 5? Looking at the schedule, they all play some combo of division games, the Bengals and playoff teams exclusively.

Realistically, the Eagles have two wins left on their schedule. Skins and Cowboys. That’d put them at 5. They have the Browns, which would shit the bed at any given moment. So an outside shot at 6.

Cowboys still have three division games on tap + the Niners and Bengals. You could, COULD tell me they aren’t totally dead and could maybe hit 7 wins. Five still feels more realistic.

The Giants are in the shitty position of only have one division game left + the Bengals. Barring upsets, they’re out.

Which leaves Washington. Two division games(Philly and Dallas) + the Bengals, Niners and Panthers. Like Dallas, they could conceivably make a run to 6 or 7 wins.

Which goes back to 5 being the magic number I think. If Philly can finish 2-0 in the division, with that tie, they make it. Four could conceivably happen, but I don’t think it’s realistic. Someone is going to limp to five.
    I found a simulator and I think it 4 was the number. https://playoffpredictors.com/Footba...kOXsILImoyGxZA

Cowboys at 4-12. I could get the rest at 4-12 or Eagles at 4-10-1. But chances of that happening are really low for all around. Could happen.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I found a simulator and I think it 4 was the number. https://playoffpredictors.com/Footba...kOXsILImoyGxZA

Cowboys at 4-12. I could get the rest at 4-12 or Eagles at 4-10-1. But chances of that happening are really low for all around. Could happen.
    Dinked around with that, ended up with the Eagles winning the East at 5-10-1. Realistically they probably steal a couple more games but this is gonna be a division where 7 wins is probably enough.

Terrible.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL stating that they are making their "intensive" COVID protocols mandatory for all teams and likely will last all year. That means pretty much everything but practice has to be held virtually. Also Seattle has won the COVID bowl, being the only standing team not to have a player on the COVID list since the season started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    NFL stating that they are making their "intensive" COVID protocols mandatory for all teams and likely will last all year. That means pretty much everything but practice has to be held virtually. Also Seattle has won the COVID bowl, being the only standing team not to have a player on the COVID list since the season started.
    Also apparently the entire Raiders starting defense is going on the COVID List. We're going to have the canceled week and expanded playoff contingency kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Also apparently the entire Raiders starting defense is going on the COVID List. We're going to have the canceled week and expanded playoff contingency kick in.
    I highly doubt the week is getting canceled--a bit of overreaction to this one. They were placed on the COVID list due to close proximity to the one player who tested positive. They're eligible to come off it this weekend (assuming no one tests positive).

The same thing happened to the Raiders offensive line against the Buccaneers--4 players placed on the list due to proximity and all 4 came off before the game.
    The same thing happened to the Ravens against the Colts--6 players on their defense put on the COVID list due to proximity and all came off by the game.

But yes, they could all (or some of them) test positive and force a decision to cancel the game--and I'll certainly eat crow if that happens, but it seems unlikely.

Hell, if I'm the NFL I'm making the Raiders play the game, regardless. Get practice squad players/backups in there. Punishment for this happening to them repeatedly and for having seemingly questionable protocols.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steelers also did this. As long as they test negative the next few days then they can play. If they do have an outbreak then they should be looked at like the Titans were. That would be 2 outbreaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    I highly doubt the week is getting canceled--a bit of overreaction to this one. They were placed on the COVID list due to close proximity to the one player who tested positive. They're eligible to come off it this weekend (assuming no one tests positive).

The same thing happened to the Raiders offensive line against the Buccaneers--4 players placed on the list due to proximity and all 4 came off before the game.
    The same thing happened to the Ravens against the Colts--6 players on their defense put on the COVID list due to proximity and all came off by the game.

But yes, they could all (or some of them) test positive and force a decision to cancel the game--and I'll certainly eat crow if that happens, but it seems unlikely.

Hell, if I'm the NFL I'm making the Raiders play the game, regardless. Get practice squad players/backups in there. Punishment for this happening to them repeatedly and for having seemingly questionable protocols.
    I think that at this point, if a team has an outbreak that leads to a game having to be postponed/cancelled and it is found that the players/team/etc were in violation of COVID regulations, then it's marked down as a loss for them.

If the threat of not only having a game cancelled but having it be an automatic loss isn't enough to get everyone on board with the league COVID rules then nothing will.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Dinked around with that, ended up with the Eagles winning the East at 5-10-1. Realistically they probably steal a couple more games but this is gonna be a division where 7 wins is probably enough.

Terrible.
    Yeah, sad really. Maybe they need to rethink some things. Or bust-up that NFC East and make it more geographical.

Yeah, sad really. Maybe they need to rethink some things. Or bust-up that NFC East and make it more geographical.
    Disagree a bit on any changes to the NFC East.

The NFL East has more Superbowl wins by any division--and it's not particularly close. They had 2 playoff teams last year, a Superbowl winner the year before, 2 playoff teams the year before that. It's a historically strong division with rivalries that they'll never break up. This is simply an outlier year. It definitely sucks though, this year, that the historically bad showing by the division is going to take a playoff spot away from a more deserving team.

Would setting playoffs based purely off record be a better idea? Probably. But I'm just not sure it'll ever happen as it takes a bit away from the dynamics of divisional rivalries and the incentive of winning it. But if there's any year to spark the thought in the NFL's mind to make a change, it's probably this one given how bad it's going to work out (unless one of those teams goes on a crazy run).

10+ Year Old Account
    The changes need to be to the playoff format more than the NFC East. Get rid of the guaranteed home game for winning your division. You can get in, but seeding is based on record first.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFC-E also has the most recent SB win of an NFC team. Problem is that the Giants have been a perpetual rebuild since their last one. Had a decent team one year until a certain boat picture...

Washington is Washington.

Eagles haven't put anything in place to help Wentz.

Cowboys put together good teams every 3-4 years but blow it. Also drafted a RB high when your O line was on the decline and decided to sign him to a big contract while kicking the can on Dak. Now Dak is hurt, and now they ain't doing anything this year. McCarthy is an overrated AF coach.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    I think that at this point, if a team has an outbreak that leads to a game having to be postponed/cancelled and it is found that the players/team/etc were in violation of COVID regulations, then it's marked down as a loss for them.
    Imagine if the Steelers went 18-1 with their only loss being from a covid outbreak forfeit
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Center gets run over. Also: holding on the center. Wait, what?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Center gets run over. Also: holding on the center. Wait, what?
    Lots of bad calls, like the clear TD that they ruled a fumble recovery.

Wilson starting to look normal with a run game. Still holding onto the ball too much though

Silly me for thinking that if the ‘hawks could get more pressure on the QB it would help the coverage
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn’t know it was possible to get a safety in a way unrelated to the ball
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Taysom Hill allegedly starting for the Saints over Jameis. Sean Payton is the only man on Earth that thinks that man is a professional QB.