10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So Ravens-Steelers officially pushed to Tuesday. Lamar had a positive test, so he's still out for Tuesday, but the hope is that pushing their Thursday game against Dallas to Sunday will allow him to get back for that....I guess?

Does actually being positive go away in 10 days? I thought the 10 day period was a precautionary hope for people who had been exposed to positive people. Josh Norman on the Bills didn't clear the COVID list for like 3 weeks, and he had 0 symptoms during it.
    I believe it takes a certain number of negative tests before you can come off the list.
    /s

It's something like they can be taken off the list after 5 days with 2 negative tests more than 24 hours apart or 10 days after the positive test. I assume that is if they have no symptoms. No idea how consistent teams are, since they likely need to be cleared by a team doctor.

In other words, the NFL doesn't care if a player spreads it as long as it looks like they are trying to follow a protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Didn't know the GM was play calling in those 4 title games. You don't go up to Seattle in the NFCCG, pick off Wilson 4 times, lose the game, and then blame the GM.
    I am blaming the GM for failing to provide the coach adequate talent. All you have to do is see the long list of draft busts that cost the team. Add to that the fact that the GM refused to entertain the idea of free agency and you have a coach who isn't being given the tools needed. Go back to the Super Bowl run. He had one of the best OL's in the league along with one of the top WR corps in the league. That added up to an elite offense. Then got to teh following year. They were putting up points like crazy. You don't do that if you are a bad play caller. As for that NFCCG, it wasn't play calling that did them in, Rodgers and the offense failed to show up. The offense played like crap. Rodgers gained a nasty habit of always looking deep while ignoring the open underneath receivers while holding on to the ball too long. This habit has been with him his entire career and it was on display in that game. Blaiming the play calling shows one did not watch that game real close at all because if one had they would realize it was a complete failure of execution starting with the QB that lost that game.

Heck there was a later Seattle game where the Milwaukee newspaper broke down game film and found that Rodgers completely missed a wide open Devante Adams 5 times including one that would have been an easy TD while missing other receivers several other times. It was a stunning indictment of Rodgers and demonstrated that the play calling wasn't nearly as much to blame as fans were. Funny how all of a sudden when he gets a new coach that he is constantly throwing to the underneath guys he was ignoring before. It's almost as if he was undermining the previous coach and basically admitted to putting blinders on towards certain receivers.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well now COVID's tearing through the Steelers.

Cancelled game, here we come. Though now that it's both teams I wonder if they'll trigger the Week 18 plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Full house cleaning in Detroit.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...72747785736193

Figured it was coming, didn't think they'd do it right after Thanksgiving. Figured they'd give him another week.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Full house cleaning in Detroit.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...72747785736193

Figured it was coming, didn't think they'd do it right after Thanksgiving. Figured they'd give him another week.
    It's more merciful this way. Patricia was getting absolutely raked over the coals in the sports media (and deservedly so) and another week would have just added to the misery.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Santa Clara apparently has banned all sporting events, meaning the 49ers need a new place to play now.

Also apparently the Broncos entire QB room got hit by Contact Tracing today.

Week 18 here we come.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL should be shut down anyways. Let em all catch it.

I guess a practice squad WR is going to be playing QB. Yet another reason Jeff Driskel is useless, he caused this.

Also, I really have no idea why they thought Blake Bortles should be anywhere near the other QBs. I thought the entire reason for allowing vet players on the practice squad was in case something like this happened.

On the bright side, Bolles got a 4 year extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    NFL should be shut down anyways. Let em all catch it.
    Ah really classy, hoping that people catch a deadly disease.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I guess a practice squad WR is going to be playing QB.
    Man, I dunno if I want the game to even be played, but Denver seemed to do this to themselves by being really stupid with covid protocols. I'm wondering what I'll see during the Saints game tomorrow..

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Man, I dunno if I want the game to even be played, but Denver seemed to do this to themselves by being really stupid with covid protocols. I'm wondering what I'll see during the Saints game tomorrow..
    I am expecting the equivalent of a Michael Bay train wreck. The NFL won't let one of Denver's QC coaches that played QB at UCF play, that one would have just been boring bad instead of whatever this has the potential to be.

Then again, Denver fans have already experienced games without a QB not that long ago, so it might end up just being extremely boring for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The practice squad WR played QB in college didn’t he?
    Technically yes, but it was at Wake Forest so not really when compared to a traditional offense. Only had 251 attempts in 3 years and only completed 53% of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I am expecting the equivalent of a Michael Bay train wreck. The NFL won't let one of Denver's QC coaches that played QB at UCF play, that one would have just been boring bad instead of whatever this has the potential to be.

Then again, Denver fans have already experienced games without a QB not that long ago, so it might end up just being extremely boring for me.
    I'd say they've been playing without a qb for years
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I'd say they've been playing without a qb for years
    I was thinking, how is this any different to the rest of this season?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I was thinking, how is this any different to the rest of this season?
    More like since mid-2014 outside of that brief period Siemian looked decent before Rick Dennison did his thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its gonna be pretty weird for Taysom to be the leading career passer in the game tomorrow.
    /s

The whining has already started from Broncos players. Noah Fant tweeted:

"I’m not one to complain, but NFL, y’all can’t possibly send us into a game without a QB. The most important position to a offense. We don’t even got a back up..."

I love going after the NFL and Roger Goodell as much as the next person, but they are not at fault in this specific instance. If Fant wants to blame someone, he can point the finger squarely at Vic Fangio and all the Broncos quarterbacks. It's inexplicable that at no point did any of them think, "Hey maybe it's not such a good idea for all the quarterbacks to be close contacts, in case one of us tests positive, we'll all have to sit out."

That tells me that Denver needs to draft a QB next April because none of the QBs currently on the roster have the necessary intelligence that the position demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    The whining has already started from Broncos players. Noah Fant tweeted:

I love going after the NFL and Roger Goodell as much as the next person, but they are not at fault in this specific instance. If Fant wants to blame someone, he can point the finger squarely at Vic Fangio and all the Broncos quarterbacks. It's inexplicable that at no point did any of them think, "Hey maybe it's not such a good idea for all the quarterbacks to be close contacts, in case one of us tests positive, we'll all have to sit out."

That tells me that Denver needs to draft a QB next April because none of the QBs currently on the roster have the necessary intelligence that the position demands.
    We've been limiting Jake Fromm all year for this very reason. He only practices on days when our other QBs aren't practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    We've been limiting Jake Fromm all year for this very reason. He only practices on days when our other QBs aren't practicing.
    They had Blake Bortles on the practice squad and let him in the same room as the other 3 QBs, they 100% deserve to play a game without a QB. It happens every week a team has an entire position go on the covid list, but they just happen to have had positive tests earlier in the week. Most teams have been doing a very poor job creating/following their protocols. This time it finally bit one of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn’t fant be complaining to the Broncos for not forfeiting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

They don't get paid if they forfeit. There are players that are bad at how the team has handled things this week in general, Brandon McManus was very vocal about their decision to practice when Driskel tested positive. The NFL told them it was ok to practice so they did, even though they shouldn't have.

This doesn't change the outcome of the game at all anyway. The players just don't go into games thinking they have almost no chance to win (except maybe the Jets?). If anything the receivers/TEs should be happy they won't throw very much instead of having Drew Lock throw them hospital balls.