10+ Year Old Account
    wtf are the seahawks doing?
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    They really have no respect for the eagles D, which is making more progress up the field than their offense.

- - - Updated - - -

I think 1 quarter of this game is enough. Imagine being the Eagles D having the kind of stops they've had and seeing your offense doing...this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    k seahawks got points they can just take a knee the rest of the game.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I'm not sure if they would have even with an owner. Elway's contract is up after 2021 (he is very unlikely to sign another one), so might as well give Fangio another year considering how many injuries the team has had. He supposedly didn't really have much say in his offensive coaching staff or ST coordinator, so hard to give him the blame for whatever those 2 groups are attempting to do.
    The argument basically will come down to what the QB room looks like next year. If they end up walking into whoever the third QB is in the draft, that puts the team in a position of "do we want to risk breaking our QB by playing behind a clear lame duck Coach and then learning a new offense?" If they end up just trodding Drew Lock back out and trying to tank, then plenty of reason to keep Fangio around.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Trash game, trash officials, I can smell the dumpster fire from here.

- - - Updated - - -

This terrible game has everything terrible except a doink, I will be expecting one in the second half.

- - - Updated - - -

Worst 4th down plays ever.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    4-7 Giants have a 34% chance of making the playoffs according to New York Times playoff predictor. Redskins have 33% chance. If Giants finish 6-10 they are like 50-50 to make the playoffs because they are in good shape on tiebreakers.

And yes, they aren't very good, but there's still something to root for here. If they make the playoffs they could totally win that game at home, the last two sub-500 teams won their first round wild card game. Currently looks like it would be against the Rams.

And before people complain that it's keeping a deserving team out... the best record for a non-playoff team in the NFC is Minnesota at 5-6.
    Gotta love that the NFC East winner will go from like... the 13th overall pick to 20th

In case anyone missed it, Matt Nagy went off about his team to reporters yesterday. You can watch the video above from 0:10 - 1:11 for his rant.

Here is the text version of his comments:

I know this: We better wake our tails up. Every freaking coach on the staff, every player, better wake up and start understanding where we're at. Have some personal pride. Have a freaking sense of urgency. Know where we're at. Have some pride into who we're playing for and why we do this and then go find a way to win as a team. That's my challenge to every single person in that building this week is that.

Yesterday was flat-out embarrassing, and our guys know it. I'm not telling you something they don't know. They know it. But we're going to step up and all coaches, all players, and we've got five games left. For us, it's our own personal challenge as to where we're at and how we're going to do this thing. But that performance yesterday is ridiculous and can't happen, and obviously that starts with me.

I thought he had a decent shot at being fired before, but this almost clinches it. He has clearly lost the locker room and the fact that he is a former quarterbacks coach and Trubisky (the number 2 overall pick in the 2017 draft) has actually regressed under his guidance is pathetic. Combine that with the team's miserable failure after a 5 - 1 start, and he is as good as gone at the end of the season.

And judging by how he sounded in that press conference, I don't think he'd actually mind that so much.

- - - Updated - - -

The Ravens had 2 more positive tests today, which means 10 consecutive days of positive tests.

How in the fuck does that even happen? You almost have to go out of your way and try really hard to go 10 days straight with new players testing positive each day. It's like Groundhog Day with this shit.

Fuck the Ravens, we know for sure they had at least one asshole coach not following protocols and who knows what else they were doing to get to this point, they should be forced to forfeit this game. But the game is somehow still on for Wednesday (as of this moment).
    Last edited by Ursus; 2020-12-01 at 11:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The league as a whole needs a break for a week or 2 to reset, then hope that lasts until the postseason where they can get another week break.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post

The Ravens had 2 more positive tests today, which means 10 consecutive days of positive tests.

How in the fuck does that even happen? You almost have to go out of your way and try really hard to go 10 days straight with new players testing positive each day. It's like Groundhog Day with this shit.

Fuck the Ravens, we know for sure they had at least one asshole coach not following protocols and who knows what else they were doing to get to this point, they should be forced to forfeit this game. But the game is somehow still on for Wednesday (as of this moment).
    One coach not following protocol and a whole bunch of players not following it when around him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    One coach not following protocol and a whole bunch of players not following it when around him.
    Should really be a case study on how one person without a mask can fuck everything up.

Game will still be played. There is no real evidence of team to team transmission. This game might test that but the steelers want to play so meh. Don't really think the game should be canceled or postponed like some are saying if the steelers are willing to play them given the circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boy this is a game I want nobody to win already.

Ravens had 1st & goal at the 4-yard-line with 37 seconds left and 1 timeout, and run out of time before they can even kick a field goal. Yeah the Steelers milked a few seconds off the clock after the 2nd down play by getting up slowly, but that's what teams do and it should have been expected. John Harbaugh must have gone to the Andy Reid school of clock management.

Forgot this game was in the afternoon.

It feels like there have been way more games with a team having almost no passing yards in the first half this week than normal.

Maybe it is just because I watched a game where both teams didn't have a QB and all bad football blends together.

It should not have been this close, but the Steelers hang on to beat the Ravens 19 - 14 to stay undefeated. The offense should've scored twice as many points, but they really sucked inside the red zone.

They've still got the Washington Football Team, Bills, Bengals, Colts, and Browns left. If they get past the Bills, I say they go 16 - 0.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ravens had 1st & goal at the 4-yard-line with 37 seconds left and 1 timeout, and run out of time before they can even kick a field goal. Yeah the Steelers milked a few seconds off the clock after the 2nd down play by getting up slowly, but that's what teams do and it should have been expected. John Harbaugh must have gone to the Andy Reid school of clock management.
    Are you talking about in the second quarter? Rg3 used their last time out to avoid delay of game.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Are you talking about in the second quarter? Rg3 used their last time out to avoid delay of game.
    Yes at the end of the first half. I don't remember how much time was left on the play clock, but I was a bit mistaken earlier, they actually had 1:01 left with a timeout and 1st & goal at the 4. They didn't snap the ball on first down until there was 36 seconds left in the quarter, which was their first mistake. Then they get to the 1-yard-line and called timeout. I don't think the play clock was running low, but if it was, that's just terrible clock management by the Ravens and not being ready. Then they run the ball and get stopped short, and instead of just spiking it on 3rd down and kicking the field goal, they try to run another play with 4 seconds left and end up running out of time.

No matter how you slice it, only getting off 3 plays with a full minute left and 1 timeout at the 4-yard-line is inexcusable. Just horrendous clock management and so many poor decisions made in just that single minute.

It should not have been this close, but the Steelers hang on to beat the Ravens 19 - 14 to stay undefeated. The offense should've scored twice as many points, but they really sucked inside the red zone.

They've still got the Washington Football Team, Bills, Bengals, Colts, and Browns left. If they get past the Bills, I say they go 16 - 0.
    Man, I've looked at the Steelers schedule, and it's like the biggest softball schedule they've ever played.

Their biggest win before this was the previous win over the Ravens, which the Ravens only lost because the refs screwed them.

I honestly believe the Bills and maybe Cleveland are the only stumbling blocks to maybe stopping the Steelers going undefeated in a totally undeserved manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Man, I've looked at the Steelers schedule, and it's like the biggest softball schedule they've ever played.

Their biggest win before this was the previous win over the Ravens, which the Ravens only lost because the refs screwed them.

I honestly believe the Bills and maybe Cleveland are the only stumbling blocks to maybe stopping the Steelers going undefeated in a totally undeserved manner.
    They seem like a team that could finish 16-1 and it wouldn't be at all surprising.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

You have to remember this is the Steelers. No win is better at playing to the level of their opponents. They will end up losing to the Bengals or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    They seem like a team that could finish 16-1 and it wouldn't be at all surprising.
    I dunno they seem like 17-1 to me. I just feel like the 1 seed and the bye and probably facing a 6th seed or something will be enough to lift them to the AFC Championship.

Where they will summarily be waxed by 20 points by the 15-1 Chiefs.