10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Is it just me or do lots of teams have insanely good records this year...at least in the AFC?

Like, the Bills are 8-3 and looking to go 9-3 tomorrow against the 49ers, and I would expect them to be more comfortably in the playoff situation.

But there's like 4 teams with 4 or less losses behind them, including division rivals the Dolphins. Like, the Browns are 9-3. The Titans are somehow 9-3 despite not being a good football team, imo. The Steelers are 11-0 and I can't take them seriously.

Maybe the NFC East being so goddamn awful is just trickling over to be reaped by AFC teams.
    Titans are 8-4 after showing up 90 minutes late to the game today and being just in time for the 3rd quarter
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Is it just me or do lots of teams have insanely good records this year...at least in the AFC?

Like, the Bills are 8-3 and looking to go 9-3 tomorrow against the 49ers, and I would expect them to be more comfortably in the playoff situation.

But there's like 4 teams with 4 or less losses behind them, including division rivals the Dolphins. Like, the Browns are 9-3. The Titans are somehow 9-3 despite not being a good football team, imo. The Steelers are 11-0 and I can't take them seriously.

Maybe the NFC East being so goddamn awful is just trickling over to be reaped by AFC teams.
    The Browns and Steelers benefit from the NFCE and Bengals. Titans have the Jags and Texans. Bills and Dolphins have the Jets. The AFC has lopsided records, there's some really bad teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    So wait there was no flag that entire time the receiver was standing in ront of the end zone delaying the td, then after he does the backflip it gets thrown?
    Doesn't really matter, Drew Lock is trash.
    Last edited by Grube; 2020-12-07 at 01:20 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Yes yes yes I know, worst division ever, but as a Giants fan I am unabashedly thrilled. We started out 0-5 and 1-7, and now we are 5-7 and the clear favorite to win the division. The Seahawks, who had been held under 20 just once this year, were held to 12 today.

A 2-2 finish almost certainly wins the division at 7-9 (they have the tiebreaker over Washington). Sure, not super impressive, but a 6-2 finish after a 1-7 start is excellent from this Giants fan's perspective, it's like a reverse Tom Coughlin season. Of course, Daniel Jones is still a giant question mark and they have issues everywhere but it's fun to see some wins. We've been bad for a few years now.
    Yeah the Giants are coming together. Still not a great team but you can see the building blocks starting to form for this team.

Though making the playoffs might hurt them more than help. They need a higher pick.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Yes yes yes I know, worst division ever, but as a Giants fan I am unabashedly thrilled. We started out 0-5 and 1-7, and now we are 5-7 and the clear favorite to win the division. The Seahawks, who had been held under 20 just once this year, were held to 12 today.

A 2-2 finish almost certainly wins the division at 7-9 (they have the tiebreaker over Washington). Sure, not super impressive, but a 6-2 finish after a 1-7 start is excellent from this Giants fan's perspective, it's like a reverse Tom Coughlin season. Of course, Daniel Jones is still a giant question mark and they have issues everywhere but it's fun to see some wins. We've been bad for a few years now.
    The division as a whole is bad, but both the Giants and Washington have been playing pretty well recently. It's not like they are the 4 worst teams or anything, those are in the AFC.

The Jets actually fired Greggg Williams. I'm surprised, he saved them the tank.

Somehow he will end up on another team next year, because that is how the NFL works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuckk Youu Gregg
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    The Jets actually fired Greggg Williams. I'm surprised, he saved them the tank.

Somehow he will end up on another team next year, because that is how the NFL works.
    This should be the final proof that this isn't a naked tank job and in fact the Jets are just that bad. This was a "Gase is trying to save his job" move not a "We're tanking and I'm safe" move.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This was a "Gase is trying to save his job" move not a "We're tanking and I'm safe" move.
    I agree with the second half of that statement, but Gase's job is already gone. There is literally nothing he can do in these last 4 games to save himself.

This was a "I can't stand to see this guy's face anymore, if I don't fire him, I'm going to punch him in the fucking head" move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I agree with the second half of that statement, but Gase's job is already gone. There is literally nothing he can do in these last 4 games to save himself.

This was a "I can't stand to see this guy's face anymore, if I don't fire him, I'm going to punch him in the fucking head" move.
    Sounds like every time Gregg gets fired.
    /s

The Steelers proving once again that they are the best at playing to the level of their opponent, regardless of who it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFC east was just saving themselves for December.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well good now we can all shut up about "The Worst 16-0 Team Ever."

The Steelers can hang with any other team in the league, but their habit of playing down to their opponent's level finally comes back to bite them. I think this will put an end to the Mike Tomlin for Coach of the Year talk.

On the bright side for them, they still own the tiebreaker over the Chiefs for the #1 seed at this point since it's a non-conference loss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    The Steelers can hang with any other team in the league, but their habit of playing down to their opponent's level finally comes back to bite them. I think this will put an end to the Mike Tomlin for Coach of the Year talk.

On the bright side for them, they still own the tiebreaker over the Chiefs for the #1 seed at this point since it's a non-conference loss.
    chiefs have a divison loss too
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    chiefs have a divison loss too
    Yeah but division losses don't count when breaking ties between teams in different divisions. The first tiebreaker is head-to-head, but since the Steelers and Chiefs don't play each other this year, the next tiebreaker goes to conference record.

Nervy game so far. Barring a fumble from our own goal line and a miss on 4th and goal, we could be up a lot more.

Hope we keep the foot on the gas.

- - - Updated - - -

Bring on the fucking Steelers, man. Torched a supposedly good defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Belichick will delight far more in securing the Jets have a winless season. He knows they are the Jets and will screw it up even with Laurence and a new coach. They have a notoriously bad ownership, who have no feel for the Football world at all and make the dumbest decisions. I have no doubt that until the Jets change ownership that they'll be a laughing stock.

Only "good" thing for the Jets is that they'll have about 7 years of Trevor Lawrence if they don't screw it up and he'll no doubt will them to a winning season or 2, good enough for the owners to go all in again on dumb free agent moves and screw up their long term plan for 1 year of competing. It is the Jets way.

So was anyone else watching Chiefs/Broncos on the NFL app last night?...because I think that a bunch of advertisers didn't pay their bills or something. There were MULTIPLE commercial breaks where every single one was for State Farm. It was weird. And also awful.

Also, is it just my perception or has scoring gone down compared to earlier in the year? Are defenses finally starting to jell, or am I completely off?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of defenses do seem to be having a string of strong games, giants in particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't outtank this Jets team if you tried. You throw an interception at the end, they'll fumble the return.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.