Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Browns need to be consistently this good. The fact they play like this late in the season tells me that maybe you got something in your coaching staff and that they might be able to continue like this, now and next season.
    Getting a defensive coordinator that can actually call a defense would help them out a lot. Having to rely on your offense to score over 30 points every game isn't a good way to be good consistently.

15+ Year Old Account
    The 5 through 8 afc seeds are browns and colts at 9-4 and dolphins and Ravens at 8-5. All teams that have shown solid play and it’ll be wild to see who the odd team out is. Personally rooting for it to be colts, cause fuck rivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    The 5 through 8 afc seeds are browns and colts at 9-4 and dolphins and Ravens at 8-5. All teams that have shown solid play and it’ll be wild to see who the odd team out is. Personally rooting for it to be colts, cause fuck rivers.
    Schedule-wise I'd be amazed if the Colts fall out of the playoffs. Honestly the Dolphins strike me as most likely to be on the outside looking in of those teams.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Schedule-wise I'd be amazed if the Colts fall out of the playoffs. Honestly the Dolphins strike me as most likely to be on the outside looking in of those teams.
    Barring something wild, the Ravens should win out. Dolphins get the Pats at home but then finish at Vegas and at Buffalo. Maybe Buffalo is sitting guys for that last week, but that’s not a fun three game stretch.

Indy gets Pittsburgh, but quite honestly, they could potentially beat the hell out of them.

My money is on the Dolphins just missing out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Getting a defensive coordinator that can actually call a defense would help them out a lot. Having to rely on your offense to score over 30 points every game isn't a good way to be good consistently.
    Raiders just fired theirs if anyone needs a DC, he's good, I swear! >.>
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Raiders just fired theirs if anyone needs a DC, he's good, I swear! >.>
    Mike Nolan of the Cowboys will be available soon too, if any teams are dumb enough to pick him up. How that guy continues to find work in the NFL is befuddling.

Wade Phillips is available for the teams that need help on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Mike Nolan of the Cowboys will be available soon too, if any teams are dumb enough to pick him up. How that guy continues to find work in the NFL is befuddling.
    It's weird to me how bad his defenses usually are considering how good Denver's was in 2009 before was basically not allowed to run the defense after the bye week by a certain ego maniac. Him and Brett Kern were the reason the Broncos even won games that year. Must be still rising that half season to jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Wade Phillips is available for the teams that need help on defense.
    Rams "fired" him and now have the #1 defense in NFL.
    /s

Rams "fired" him and now have the #1 defense in NFL.
    I thought the Steelers were?

I think Wade's defenses need a certain kind of player in the secondary to work. In Denver he ran almost entirely man coverage and expected everyone on the defense to beat their guy 1v1. In Houston his defense fall off when they lost their good secondary. No idea with the Rams or Cowboys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Barring something wild, the Ravens should win out. Dolphins get the Pats at home but then finish at Vegas and at Buffalo. Maybe Buffalo is sitting guys for that last week, but that’s not a fun three game stretch.
    I’m not seeing the challenge? Home/away games are meaningless outside of travel time. Patriots are dysfunctional, raiders aren’t good and have been in a deep slide, bills are the only good team there, and if they do sit people that’s a positive 3.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I’m not seeing the challenge? Home/away games are meaningless outside of travel time. Patriots are dysfunctional, raiders aren’t good and have been in a deep slide, bills are the only good team there, and if they do sit people that’s a positive 3.
    I don’t think the Raiders are the pushover some people think. They could easily show up and give Miami fits. The Pats are a division game. Never easy. And the Bills, in Buffalo this time of year, you don’t know how wild the weather will be.

Compare that to who the Ravens play. Jags, Giants, Bengals. That’s an easy 2-1 finish at worst, and quite honestly, the Giants aren’t nearly as good as people have made them seem lately.

Put the two schedules side by side and I would argue the Dolphins have the tougher of the two. And are playing a rookie at QB. I’m betting my money on the Ravens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Put the two schedules side by side and I would argue the Dolphins have the tougher of the two. And are playing a rookie at QB. I’m betting my money on the Ravens.
    When you put it that way, yeah, they have the harder road. They're still a genuinely good team though. If they play to how they have been they should at least win 2, and I don't think beating buffalo is that unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wade Phillips has an impressive record when it comes to defences, in all his years in the NFL he had one year outside of the top 12, and that was the disasterpiece of the 2013 Texans season.

Any defence currently at the bottom of the list would be improved by his knowledge, not my preferred pick for the Raiders, but certainly the most realistic prospect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the NFL has laid down their plans for what to do if (when) a 17th regular season game is approved by owners. I'm expecting them to implement it next season.

It'll be an interconference game, based on last season's division standing, on a rotating basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking comedy of errors at the end of regulation, at least these crappy teams are here to entertain with their ineptitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Now its time for the clock to defeat the Chargers yet again.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    In a battle of who sucks more, Chargers or December Gruden, the natural end to this will be a tie.

I discounted Herbert. But the Chargers may yet be the losers. If this keeps up they'll make the terrible decision not to fire Lynn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders almost get saved by the Holy Roller rule, against the Chargers no less, that would've been bitter for the 3 or 4 Chargers fans that even remember it.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...851205122?s=09

This happens to any of your punt returners and you're screaming for an ejection. We didn't even get a flag

Meanwhile Chargers get a lifeline at the end of overtime for the hit on Herbert which was nowhere near as bad.

I don't like blaming referees for losses, our secondary sucked and Gruden called some bullshit plays. But that shit right there pisses me off to no end.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2020-12-18 at 05:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus. The way his head swings when they first move him. That’s limp. Dead body limp. A person cant even fake that without being professionally limber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...851205122?s=09

This happens to any of your punt returners and you're screaming for an ejection. We didn't even get a flag

Meanwhile Chargers get a lifeline at the end of overtime for the hit on Herbert which was nowhere near as bad.

I don't like blaming referees for losses, our secondary sucked and Gruden called some bullshit plays. But that shit right there pisses me off to no end.
    The personal foul for the hit on Herbert was absurd.
    /s