10+ Year Old Account
    No Burrow, no Mixon. Gio Bernard is tearing up their defense, a rushing and receiving TD. Big Ben has NEGATIVE two yards and a pick. This isn't an 11-2 team no matter how easy their schedule. The Steelers are the team playing like they're on their third QB.

This is one of the most disgusting performances I've ever seen by an offense in a single half. Among other things, Ben needs to stop throwing 50-50 balls 20 yards down the field when he has wide open receivers underneath.
    Last edited by Ursus; 2020-12-22 at 02:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    They even screwed the Bills on a spot near the end of the game (and somehow didn't win the challenge?)
    This is more the thing I’m talking about than real time mistakes. Like the amount of times a pretty clear thing happens and and doesn’t get reversed or called up to the booth if it’s last 2 minutes, with all the available angles and slow mo, is uncomfortable.

Take the chargers game for example, they scored that td at least twice but the previous play wasn’t ruled a td or even called up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I mean, in most industries automating the process makes things cheaper, so I'm pretty sure automating things in the NFL would eventually lead to the same thing AND a better, more just process.
    There would be a flag every play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    It is the Steelers. They play to whatever level of football their opponents are capable of playing at.
    Yeah but even when bengals were a perennial playoff team and Steelers were kinda bad they stomped them. It’s the most big brother/little brother pair in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure I recall somewhere that Big Ben is coming back next season... Tomlin might veto that decision after this stretch.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Pretty sure I recall somewhere that Big Ben is coming back next season... Tomlin might veto that decision after this stretch.
    He's better than their alternatives, they won't be in position to draft a high QB, their backups aren't great, and unless we get a surprise Stafford or Ryan on the market there won't be a solution in the market either. If they wanted to move on from him before the bottom falls out, last year would have been the year.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Bills clinch AFC East: check
    Patriots lose, eliminating them from the playoffs: check
    Jets win, and potentially lose Trevor Lawrence: check
    Steelers lose, and give us the 2nd seed for now, while having a much tougher schedule: check
    Hockey's coming back in January: check

Pretty fucking good weekend, by my standard. Pittsburgh has a much harder schedule than us remaining, and we have the head to head tiebreaker. We have Patriots and home against Miami.

Hell, we even have a shot at #1 seed, if KC somehow loses out and there's a threeway 13-3 tie at the top with the Steelers, cause then the seeding goes by Strength of Schedule (Bills currently the only playoff-positioned team with a SoS above .500).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    He's better than their alternatives, they won't be in position to draft a high QB, their backups aren't great, and unless we get a surprise Stafford or Ryan on the market there won't be a solution in the market either. If they wanted to move on from him before the bottom falls out, last year would have been the year.
    Or

Wentz

I am not certain about Stafford leaving. Ryan either. I'd see Wentz as the most Steeler-esque candidate, but I do think they'd rather stick with Ben then trade for that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Or

Wentz

I am not certain about Stafford leaving. Ryan either. I'd see Wentz as the most Steeler-esque candidate, but I do think they'd rather stick with Ben then trade for that contract.
    I do not see how Ryan leaves Atlanta after this season. Too much dead money. Julio Jones either same situation. The Offense has troubles but the issue is the OC, play calling, and scheme. One of the falcon's fansite has a running joke about how many times they run on second and long. Almost an automatic play call. I think a change of OC fixes some of the Offensive issues.

The defense is the dumpster fire. There are some good pieces and then other crap pieces. I'm always beef up the line and fix that on both sides of the ball as the solution.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wentz or Stafford with niners is more interesting. I can’t see Ryan or wentz being tough enough for pittsburgh locker room. Stafford maybe but him being there just sounds weird, and I don’t see any as a big improvement, if at all, over roeth.

The browns need to win out and have the Steelers lose out to win the north, which is both possible and amazing. Imagine the browns and bills winning their divisions the same season. Patriots decline has made the afc so much more fun.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only about half the league has their QB situation set for 2021, and covid may force some financial decisions if the cap is stagnant or drops. I usually expect the QB market to be pretty boring, but there could be some real movement this time.
    /s

I've been hoping Elway trades for Stafford instead of going after bad QBs again. The amount of teams that will want to go after him (assuming the talk that he wants out of Detroit are legit) makes that very unlikely though. They have the cap space to do it if they don't sign Justin Simmons and get rid of Bouye, but Elway will do something dumb instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see Stafford in a properly coached team environment for a season or 2. He'd probably shock some casual viewers with how good he can be.

Only issue might be injury. He's tough, but he does get nicked up a lot.

I should probably say that I'd love Stafford in NE, but I'm honestly just very curious what BB will do this offseason. So I'm not really hoping for anything in particular, just hoping BB shows he's still got it in the personnel department and turns the team around again.

Sidenote: It's actually quite interesting, but I just remembered that one of my main concerns this year coming into it was the turnover at the coaching positions. That's surprisingly not been that huge of an issue though. It's all been about the people on the field just not being good enough players and not executing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only about half the league has their QB situation set for 2021, and covid may force some financial decisions if the cap is stagnant or drops. I usually expect the QB market to be pretty boring, but there could be some real movement this time.
    Well only about half have it 100% locked in but I expect probably only 1/4 at best to actually make a change. We're back to QB Demand outstripping QB Supply, and we still haven't hit the 04/05 retirement apocalypse.

Honestly though even if the cap stays stagnant the only QB I realistically see hitting the market other than potential retread backups (See: Dalton, Andy) is Wentz.

Though if it drops, that could turn Dak Prescott into a wild card.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently shanahan has a history of praising cousins and the Vikings trading or him leaving with 1 year left isn’t that unreasonable.

https://www.nfl.com/news/debrief-pre...2021-qb-market

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Apparently shanahan has a history of praising cousins and the Vikings trading or him leaving with 1 year left isn’t that unreasonable.

https://www.nfl.com/news/debrief-pre...2021-qb-market
    Shanahan would have been in Washington when Cousins was drafted.

Dots!

I would expect either Matt (if they are actually available) to end up a 49er before Cousins, but all 3 make a lot of sense.

They are also going to be talked about by every team that needs a QB, so hard to tell where they all actually end up.

Josh Rosen signed to the 49ers active roster for 1 year off the Tampa Bay practice squad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile in Washington, I continue to need to check the dead cap hit if Haskins gets released because you have to imagine that's the one thing keeping him on their roster. Now he violated COVID protocols, got a 40k fine, and lost his captainship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan Leaf tweeted

"Listen, this is exactly what you think it is. Utter ignorance. There’s something about the brain chemistry of an elite athlete that has everything & feels slighted & hurt. You have zero impulse control, no one will tell me what I cannot do. I swear it’s like looking in a mirror!"

Haskins is still on the roster because they have nobody else and its too hard to add someone new with all the covid protocols.
    /s

Ryan Leaf tweeted

"Listen, this is exactly what you think it is. Utter ignorance. There’s something about the brain chemistry of an elite athlete that has everything & feels slighted & hurt. You have zero impulse control, no one will tell me what I cannot do. I swear it’s like looking in a mirror!"

Haskins is still on the roster because they have nobody else and its too hard to add someone new with all the covid protocols.
    Not sure I want any quote from Ryan Leaf who continues to fuck it up in his 40s. Wasn't he arrested for a domestic thing in May? It had looked like he finally turned things around a year or two ago, but nope.