Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    No freaking kidding, it was jarring how often they stepped over each other. I dunno why Romo was missing from the booth but if that ever happens again they need a better backup plan than that.
    Romo tested positive for COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Romo tested positive for COVID.
    I wonder if they just shouldn't have had a different team call the game, it would have been better than Romo and Nantz tripping over each other the whole game.

Don't look now, Steelers are closing the gap. If I was a Cleveland fan I'd be having a heart attack right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been a good weekend for the never punt crew.

Deciding to not go for it on 4th and 1 near midfield and punting down 12. Now they are down 19.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And that should do it there.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    And that should do it there.
    And if that didn't.

That did.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Wow, the 4th down bots are saying that they dropped their chances of winning from 18% to 11% by punting there. That wasn't even close to the right decision.
    Didn't even need to know the math to know it was the wrong choice. 4th and 1 almost anywhere on the field is worth going for it many times, but in a playoff game and you're down that much?

To top it off the Steelers take their sweet ass time on the last drive and another turnover while wasting time. GG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Yeah there's a stat that the team that wins turnover battle wins 77% of the time. Of course some of that has the causation reversed (if you're behind you tend to be more aggressive and commit more turnovers) but any team that commits 4 turnovers early in the playoffs is most likely gonna lose the game.
    Makes it more impressive how clean the browns have played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it happens but hey Browns can you guys go on a Cinderella run to the AFC Championship?

Sincrely, people who hate repeat champions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Deciding to not go for it on 4th and 1 near midfield and punting down 12. Now they are down 19.
    Almost identical to the titans decision earlier. And just as bad or worse. And that one was historically bad. Literally - they showed the percentages since like 2009
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just think, if the Steelers didn't rest half a team last week and beat the Browns, they wouldn't have had their teeth kicked in by them again tonight.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Just think, if the Steelers didn't rest half a team last week and beat the Browns, they wouldn't have had their teeth kicked in by them again tonight.
    Instead they'd get their teeth kicked in by I think the Colts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bucs must be having ptsd getting the saints again after being their kryptonite twice already

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Instead they'd get their teeth kicked in by I think the Colts.
    Even if they'd have won, they'd still have been the 3rd seed. And actually, Pitt winning last week would have been enough for Miami to clinch the 7th seed, so they would have still ended up playing the #6, the Browns.

"I think they're still the same Browns team I play every year."
    -Juju Smith-Schuster

I don’t even think Oklahoma has ever choked as bad as the Steelers did the 2nd half of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Even if they'd have won, they'd still have been the 3rd seed. And actually, Pitt winning last week would have been enough for Miami to clinch the 7th seed, so they would have still ended up playing the #6, the Browns.
    Well if they won last week they either knock the Browns out entirely for the Dolphins, or at least knock them down to the 7th seed if they back in anyway. So then they get the 6 seed, 11-5, Colts.

And given how they played yesterday, probably the Steelers still go home first round.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I don’t even think Oklahoma has ever choked as bad as the Steelers did the 2nd half of the season.
    I’m not sure if I’d call it a choke. They were a very flawed all season. Enough so that many were calling them the worst 11-0 team ever. I think it’s more of a case of them coming back down to Earth. Which is wild if you consider that if Ben had played better early on, the story of this game would have flipped completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Charlie Brown is coming down tonight boys

Regarding Trubisky, the Bears have been better with him than without him, so unless they have somebody better in place they should stick with him. They did good to bring in competition this year, they just need to continue with upgrades to their offense.
    /s