Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    - Class design
    - Reward system
    - Gear structure
    - Story
    - New systems (or the lack thereoff)

At this point there's really nothing positive that comes to my mind when I think about Shadowlands (what we know so far). Maybe Torghast, if done right.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    - Class design
    - Reward system
    - Gear structure
    - Story
    - New systems (or the lack thereoff)

At this point there's really nothing positive that comes to my mind when I think about Shadowlands (what we know so far). Maybe Torghast, if done right.
    I'm thinking that Torghast is going to be the make or break for Shadowlands. I'm crossing my fingers that it's mage tower esque, without an end. If it is, it's going to be great. I just know it's going to be more like islands though.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    I'm thinking that Torghast is going to be the make or break for Shadowlands. I'm crossing my fingers that it's mage tower esque, without an end. If it is, it's going to be great. I just know it's going to be more like islands though.
    I mean it's the only feature. There's nothing more to Shadowlands. If it sucks there is nothing and I mean really nothing that makes Shadowlands even something worth to be called a WoW expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

All kinds of ways, but I hope it doesn't.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

10+ Year Old Account
    A repeat of BFA Content delivery with every piece of content feeling like a waste of time
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by clownpenisfart View Post
    hmm yes the problem with wow is definitely that we are not forced to spend more time grinding levels. man what i wouldnt give to have to farm low level murlocs for two months before i can start participating in the gear lottery that will eventually, some day allow me to do some pvp without being instantly getting flattened because my numbers arent big enough
    Isn't it already simple and easy enough for you? Its been watered down into oblivion already as it is. Can you walk and chew gum at the same time?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    A repeat of BFA Content delivery with every piece of content feeling like a waste of time
    Most likely. Not sure what people are expecting from Blizzard these days. This is the "new" standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Isn't it already simple and easy enough for you? Its been watered down into oblivion already as it is. Can you walk and chew gum at the same time?
    apparently understanding the difference between "difficult" and "time consuming" is pretty hard for you

see, that's exactly why you need to be able to be done with the leveling asap and then be able to get pvp gear in a day

then after that you can still have "content" for pveers who believe that a trivial activity is difficult when you have to repeat it over two months to fill up a gauge, but also let normal people do stuff that's actually engaging (aka fighting players rather than mobs)
    Last edited by huddling; 2020-02-26 at 11:28 AM.

AP Grind, unless it’s made account wide
    Corruption successor
    Essences, unless they make them account wide
    Shitty alt unfriendly legendary like the Cloak that you’re forced to obtain to be competitive.
    Lack of new dungeons. Nazjatar, and 8.3 should have gotten a new dungeon as both Antorus patch and Tomb of Sargeras patch got one.
    Shitty class design, like Affliction Warlock this expansion being locked into Deathbolt, PS, DSM, and Haunt, and being worthless in keys.
    Last edited by muto; 2020-02-23 at 06:54 PM.

Disclaimer: I hope Shadowlands will be great, personally.

What could make it rather sucky or simply bland:

- Torghast (the upgraded version of Horrific Visions no doubt) would have no appealing rewards;
    - They gate or currency-limit Torghast progression somehow;
    - Covenants end up being just reputations you go for exclusively, that's it;
    - No new race/class combinations are added or revealed during Alpha;
    - They don't pay attention to player feedback during Alpha/Beta, as they did with BfA.
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

speaking of bland I just realized why talking about an mmo's expansion pack called "shadowlands" felt so familiar: it was the name of anarchy online's first expansion pack

I mean given how lame that name is its no wonder that it was already used

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Still a little early on beta/ptr stuff. But can you think of anything that could happen, be changed, removed, or added, that would cause the expansion to become a famous meme as BFA did?

This is my attempt at some examples
    -AP grind is Actually back.
    -Bottle neck quests get rea-dded at the start of the expac
    -no flying at all through the whole thing
    -Shamans not being "completed" until patch 9.1.5
    -Rng + RnG for items you'll need to complete your legendary - resulting in you not completing your legendary or being "raid ready".. so you have to make a 2nd toon that passes the RNG check >> gets his legendary >> and is brought into raids instead.
    -Sylvannas still alive by patch 10.0
    -SJW stuff shoved in your face at the cost of good story telling.
    ~GCDs added to more abilities than ever

What ~could~ go wrong in shadowlands?
    With that sentence you completly invaildated everything you will say. Because for people with that opinion EVERYTHING will be SJW Agenda shoved in your face.... so whiny. Also why make that? You want it to be bad? You want everyone to be in a bad mood about it? So no matter what they do you will shit on it.

Idk.. I can't really see anything that appeals to me in it so far. Might be the first expansion I don't buy.

Seems like they took ideas from legion, scraped off the sticker, and put a new sticker on it labelled shadowlands.

5+ Year Old Account
    • BfA gameplay unchanged for most specs.
    • Tor'ghast flopping, islands style.
    • Minor variations on annoying systems such as AP or RNGforging.
    • Late BfA alt-unfriendliness unchanged.
    • Sylvanas getting "redeemed", or even worse, still around as of 10.0 - bonus facepalming in the case of both happening together.
    • More Anduin shilling.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

It will suck when you get to keep all your BFA nonsense abilities and proc and passives and they take them all away suddenly when you reach level 55... Then you say, without ever bother to see the new system in shadowland, "holy shit not this again", and you log off in the middle of level 55 and never bother with the game again.

Looking at past decisions, that were deemed as revolutionary by the developers, but turned out as exhausting and boring to the majority of the players, it could be anything.

My best are on:

- AP grind 3.0 (Anima Power)
    - Thorgast turning into another redundant activity like garrisons, scenarios, island expeditions and warfronts that people start hating to do over the course of the expansion
    - Pathfinder (very likely to happen)
    - some obnoxious grind to Exalted on all possible factions to progress further
    - nerfing all specs but one of each class into the ground so you are forced to play it to achieve anything
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RyudoTFO View Post
    Looking at past decisions, that were deemed as revolutionary by the developers, but turned out as exhausting and boring to the majority of the players, it could be anything.

My best are on:

- AP grind 3.0 (Anima Power)
    - Thorgast turning into another redundant activity like garrisons, scenarios, island expeditions and warfronts that people start hating to do over the course of the expansion
    - Pathfinder (very likely to happen)
    - some obnoxious grind to Exalted on all possible factions to progress further
    - nerfing all specs but one of each class into the ground so you are forced to play it to achieve anything
    The problem with things like scenarios, island expeditions, warfronts and so one is that they are all the same thing (pve instances) with a slightly different package (and pve instances are themselves a repackaged variant of open world pve)

You can only sell the same stuff again in a different box so many times before people catch on (even wow players).

What wow needs imo is opportunities for emergent gameplay. Less scripted and on-rails stuff, more player creativity in how to reach their goals.

Currently every time they create for instance a new type of quest objective, it's always in the form of "use X to do Y". It doesn't change anything if X is an item in your inventory or some special ability on a temporarily controlled vehicle. It doesn't make it harder or more fun or more interesting and more crucially, players still have no agenda. It's still "press this series of buttons for a reward", it's extremely basic.

They should maybe look at what other open world games do, even those that aren't mmorpgs. They will go nowhere by continuing to repeat themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RyudoTFO View Post
    Looking at past decisions, that were deemed as revolutionary by the developers, but turned out as exhausting and boring to the majority of ...
    If Torghast is AT LEAST as good as Horrific Visions PLUS offers endless progression and SOME (virtually endlessly improving) rewards - Shadowlands is going to be awesome.
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

A very slow rep grind at launch to unlock some allied race based on the Shadowlands faction you picked. Which is only marginally better by being a human with a darkmoon faire buff.

And/Or

Certain allied races that that were initially teased, (Kyrian) aren't avaible at launch and will be released at the next 9.X patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrotex View Post
    If Torghast is AT LEAST as good as Horrific Visions PLUS offers endless progression and SOME (virtually endlessly improving) rewards - Shadowlands is going to be awesome.

Let's just hope that they won't screw it up, but let's pretend that Horrific Visions would have been introduced with the first BfA content patch and would just remain like they are now, changing buffs/debuffs every week and giving higher ilvl loot with every content patch. I bet many people would dislike them by 8.3 because of the repetitiveness.

If Torghast remains like it is at the start for the whole expansion, it will suck hard. Islands, Warfronts and Scenarios all were fun for the first few weeks. The lack of variety made them look like a chore and not fun activity to most people. If Torghast will get updates with every content patch, it can be an interesting concept. But I won't hold my breath, at least not untill we see a preview of it during deep into beta.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    my opinion ?
    1 story, this is what makes me most interested in an exp, pandalands story was crap but MoP specially in 5.3 (and again, i hate i was forced to raid my own capital...but that raid really had great boss fights) was great exp overall so story won't make me pre-order, but zero reason to not order it after launch
    2 nothing really interest me, the idea of 'exp only talents' like what they plan has no appeal to me since it is something i know i'll lose anyway
    3 unprunning seems they just will return 2 abilities at most, blizz is no longer actually adding new abilities or talents to game in first place, a core part of what actually made me love to play wow in first place
    4 no tier set: the gear overall in BFA is high pixiled, but i don't like it at all, it doesn't scream 'paladin' or 'priest', horde was mainly troll troll troll and didn't play alliance
    5 last and most important : zero change in team, the same team of ppl who did BFA are going to make Shadowlands (or at least leaders), and i already have zero trust in them, from a CM who hates to play wow to a director who love to keep talk about how amazing he is and if anything bad it is everyone else fault (at least he did admit that classes aren't fun to play in BFA)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power