Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraethion View Post
    A very slow rep grind at launch to unlock some allied race based on the Shadowlands faction you picked. Which is only marginally better by being a human with a darkmoon faire buff.

And/Or

Certain allied races that that were initially teased, (Kyrian) aren't avaible at launch and will be released at the next 9.X patch.
    Yeah,so slow......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyudoTFO View Post
    -snip-
    i can't talk about other ppl, but i was REALLY exited about warfront, it is the reason why i bought BFA, and it was my biggest disappointment

I do hope they keep the amazing cinematic qualities they showed us in BFA however, BFA really outstanding in cinematics in compare to any other exp (my all time wow fav is of course wrath intro, and warcraft overall is ending of wc3 tft)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    • Sylvanas getting "redeemed", or even worse, still around as of 10.0 - bonus facepalming in the case of both happening together.
    .... i see that a very real outcome sadly.. and i already feel disgusted
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

My biggest fear is Covenant skills being unbalanced (as shown during the Blizzcon reveal), shoehorning players into factions they don't like.

Honestly seeing so many posts on possibilities of systems (rightfully) always makes me think to this:
    If the classes were more fun would you mind doing x as much.

That's not to say any system like leveling/wq/essence/island/etc. don't have obv flaws we all see how, cause they do, it's just I wouldn't hate bfa as much as I do if the classes felt more fun to me and I didn't feel like it was absolute torture to level/get a character up to par with things like essences/ap/corruption/rep&wq. In bfa I could only really stand playing 2 characters and ideally I'd love to play like 4 characters. I think wq while you level is a good start but things like being able to clear wq instantly in legion/ other possibilities and more alt friendliness especially if it's really fun to play things like torghast, horrific visions gameplay, m+, raids,pvp, etc. You could triple the amount of time people spend in horrific visions by people just playing more characters for example.

The only things I really really want is classes are fun to play and it doesn't feel like a chore to play as many as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    My biggest fear is Covenant skills being unbalanced (as shown during the Blizzcon reveal), shoehorning players into factions they don't like.
    I think this will happen to everyone who wants optimal performance in the content they do. You cant pick covenant based on which one you prefer from lore/looks/other point of view, but instead your preferred content will make the decision for you. There is no way that the skills are balanced for all content.

Even worse is, if they change the balance from the start. I want to play optimally without having to reroll mid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    -Community will complain about irrelevant shit all of the time.

This is my comprehensive list of stuff that will ruin Shadowlands.
    Said everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's 5 new systems that we will strip away come 10.0. Blizzard constantly shoving new systems that are only around for the expansion and then they are gone. adding new abilities only to remove them for the next pre-patch is getting really old.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Classes. When the SL pre-patch comes, we're literally going back to Legion pre-patch templates for the SECOND time. That's absolutely insane and it's terrible game design. I'm sure the developers love it, but it's fucking horrible for the players. Classes should be priority number one.

With Blizzard's recent track record on WC3 Reforged, BFA in general, and what little they had to show at Blizzcon, I'm concerned. Add in the fact we still don't have SL Alpha, it is highly likely we will have another rushed mess released in November to meet the pre-order date. And remember, the BFA Alpha/Beta was a disaster. The main component, azerite, wasn't immediately available for testing when the Beta was released. When it was, and people saw how shitty the traits were, Ion reassured us it was just the leveling stuff and the raid traits would be like legendaries. The raid traits came out for testing in July, less than a month before launch, for anyone unaware. And there were only 2 of them. I will wait for Alpha/Beta to form an opinion on the expansion, but I'm not expecting much.
    Last edited by Zestyz; 2020-03-05 at 11:21 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zestyz View Post
    Classes. When the SL pre-patch comes, we're literally going back to Legion pre-patch templates for the SECOND time. That's absolutely insane and it's terrible game design. I'm sure the developers love it, but it's fucking horrible for the players. Classes should be priority number one. (...) I will wait for Alpha/Beta to form an opinion on the expansion, but I'm not expecting much.
    Argh. There have been very few experiences as crappy as the state of my favourite classes/specs during the Legion and BfA prepatches. I mean, we haven't got a single PERMANENT talents row since freaking WoD, and we've lost plenty of stuff - which is at best gated behind warmode, and as such unusable in dungeons/raids... or simply gone *poof*. Come on Blizzard!
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

To wait the last patch to have fun specs to play

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Still a little early on beta/ptr stuff. But can you think of anything that could happen, be changed, removed, or added, that would cause the expansion to become a famous meme as BFA did?

This is my attempt at some examples
    -AP grind is Actually back.
    -Bottle neck quests get rea-dded at the start of the expac
    -no flying at all through the whole thing
    -Shamans not being "completed" until patch 9.1.5
    -Rng + RnG for items you'll need to complete your legendary - resulting in you not completing your legendary or being "raid ready".. so you have to make a 2nd toon that passes the RNG check >> gets his legendary >> and is brought into raids instead.
    -Sylvannas still alive by patch 10.0
    -SJW stuff shoved in your face at the cost of good story telling.
    ~GCDs added to more abilities than ever

What ~could~ go wrong in shadowlands?
    If SL would end as just another BFA 2.0 with same crap story, SJW everywhere, same forced competition/PVP/intentional bottlenecks, Mary Sue/standard immortal comic book villian Sylvanas, same mandatory grind/RNG/time-gating to artificially stretch per-character content and make it impossible for alts, same content overtuning to make mandatory grind/RNG/time-gating even more mandatory, i.e. impossible to skip.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

In no particular order, I feel like any of these could ruin Shadowlands.

- Torghast could end up being nothing like what was announced and it could turn into what Islands have become.
    - Covenants could be a hard grind for massive power gains that has no end.
    - Lack of new content, it's hard to know what exactly we're going to get with launch because all we really know of right now is Torghast and Covenants.
    - Classes end up being no different than BFA, feeling like entirely unfinished messes that aren't fun to play and rely heavily on RNG.
    - The new variation of Titanforging turns out to be as awful as Corruption has become.
    - They don't have a remotely decent story that ties into current lore.

I'm sure there's more, but this is what came to the top of what I could think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.