Page 1 of 13
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Shadowlands will fail based on this alone

    wow. gamepedia. com/Shadowlands#/media/File:BlizzCon_2019_-_Shadowlands_map . jpg

    These zones look way too SMALL and they have the same layout as previous 2 expansions.
    Is it that hard for them to come up with sizable zones like they used to do back in the day?

    I don't need to know anything else about this xpac, that picture alone killed the whole vibe/hype for me.

  2. #2
    I don't think you people have any vibe nor hype to begin with.

  3. #3
    1 big problem with your assumption that the zones are small, you have no clue what scale that map is.

  4. #4
    Living Memory Sesshomaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Troms, Norway
    Posts
    2,110
    Here's a direct link to the image itself, if you feel a bit lazy.
    Embedded image in the collapse below.
    Spoiler: 


    As to being on topic:
    Considering we have no information whatsoever how it'll play out, we have no idea as to what exactly we'll get on release and further on.
    I mean, just recently (depend on ones perception of time) we got Mechagon and Naz'jatar.
    While Mechagon could be arguably small, Naz'jatar on ground is large.

    Edit: This one speaks for itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    1 big problem with your assumption that the zones are small, you have no clue what scale that map is.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2020-02-15 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Adding a quote.

  5. #5
    Ok boomer

    /10char

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by fsfserre2 View Post
    wow. gamepedia. com/Shadowlands#/media/File:BlizzCon_2019_-_Shadowlands_map . jpg

    These zones look way too SMALL and they have the same layout as previous 2 expansions.
    Is it that hard for them to come up with sizable zones like they used to do back in the day?

    I don't need to know anything else about this xpac, that picture alone killed the whole vibe/hype for me.
    yeah no. if you're going to let a map kill your vibe and/or hype then you never had any to begin with.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    1 big problem with your assumption that the zones are small, you have no clue what scale that map is.
    if the zones are not connected it just doesnt feel the same, I dont care how large each individual one is.

  8. #8
    No scale to go on, as well as no idea what the content inside the zones is. Mechagon is small, I enjoyed the zone a lot!

    So, what exactly was the basis of this thread again? If you've already decided the expansion is going to be bad, just quit playing now. Save us all the hassle of having to listen to you complain about a game that you've quite obviously burned out on. Which is fine, not everyone is going to find WoW fun forever. Most people get sick of games eventually.

    If on the other hand you still find WoW fun but have decided the expansion is going to be bad based on zero information other than a map with no scale, well... I can't really comment on the logic of that without getting infracted...

  9. #9
    connect the new zones, make them larger, have LESS god damn mountains

  10. #10
    Legion zones weren't exactly the biggest nor were MoP AND yet... -sips tea-

    Quality > Quantity
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  11. #11
    Just by the look of it it seems to be like the legion landmass just divided. That was certainly big enough.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by fsfserre2 View Post
    if the zones are not connected it just doesnt feel the same, I dont care how large each individual one is.
    Like noone cares about your biased opinion. Facts are: we don't have ANY information how big these areas will be, and how they will be connected together. Even the MAW may be just as big as all other zones connected together.

  13. #13
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Posts
    656
    awful, alltho it is an early concept. Zones have to increase by about minimum 40%.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by fsfserre2 View Post
    wow. gamepedia. com/Shadowlands#/media/File:BlizzCon_2019_-_Shadowlands_map . jpg

    These zones look way too SMALL and they have the same layout as previous 2 expansions.
    Is it that hard for them to come up with sizable zones like they used to do back in the day?

    I don't need to know anything else about this xpac, that picture alone killed the whole vibe/hype for me.
    So you know how big/small the zones will be because you saw a map? You're reaching tardiness levels beyond human understanding.

  15. #15
    You don't even know the scale of those zones.

  16. #16
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Posts
    656
    The worst on those i call them "overwatch maps" is that you can not move freely. Hoping this is the right term for it. But they are blending so many aspects. Like Background and Periphels/Doodads. Nazjatar and Argus are one good example for this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    You don't even know the scale of those zones.
    When we look Backwards, the trend is Smaller Zones.

  17. #17
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Legion zones weren't exactly the biggest nor were MoP AND yet... -sips tea-

    Quality > Quantity
    These guys would take a kalimdor sized vanilla Desolace.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Legion zones weren't exactly the biggest nor were MoP AND yet... -sips tea-

    Quality > Quantity
    Is my mind playing tricks on me? Are my memories hazy? The zones in MoP were fucking huge, easily the biggest in the game.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    These guys would take a kalimdor sized vanilla Desolace.
    I would, even if there's not much in those areas, knowing they EXIST brings WORLD to warcraft

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by fsfserre2 View Post
    connect the new zones, make them larger, have LESS god damn mountains
    You dont really know how scale works ? how can you say make them larger when you dont even know the scale, and if you dont know the scale the picture is made in, you have no clue how big the zone actually is.

    And all zones are connected, not to each other but to Oribos in the middle.

    Less damn mountains, no clue where you get all mountains from.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •