Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Before working for Blizzard, Brack's big job was being a producer for Star Wars Galaxies, during a time period where many players felt that the game's quality started to go downhill. But aside from game decisions... The guy isn't exactly a great public speaker, and at times even appears to belittle the audience "You think you do, but you don't." Him looking like a music store worker doesn't help matters.

And with all that... Blizz has been in a sea of controversy over the past year, with Blitzchung and Warcraft 3 reforged being at the heart of it. Brack's apologies have been... underwhelming, to say the least. So what did Morhaime or anyone else see in this guy to be president of Blizzard?
    He went to Blizzard in 2005, the Jump the Shark moment for SWG was Jump to Lightspeed which was released in October of 2004, and even though it was the moment that changed SWG from an Open Sandbox Star Wars Simulator with a Raid Game to an Actual good RPG with Flight Simulator, it was disliked because it changed the game, it however did not hurt the game. If anything it's what turned the Game from a small community into one of the larger MMOs, well until WOW sank all the early MMOs in 2007.

Honestly J Allen Brack has done a good Job at Blizzard, the problems we have with today's Blizzard has everything to do with Activision being a lesser evil trying to follow EA's Greater Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Kennedy's track record is based on working on movies with Steven Spielberg and her husband's company. She might be really good at being a president, running all the departments and such, but she has little to no track record as a creative professional, hiring directors and other leads and approving scripts and such. Her track record with directors speaks volumes to that. "Producer" can mean a lot of things in the movie world, and she was working with people who were not relying on her for creative input.
    I won't touch on why she's still there, as I don't know. But to say she's the right fit to be making creative decisions - nope. Not gonna let that one stand at all. The performance of Lucasfilm since she took over points towards her not being the right person - or taking on too many roles she's not cut out for.
    Okay, just an excerpt from her Wikipedia page:
    “Kennedy has participated in the making of over 60 films that garnered 8 Academy Award nominations[4] and over $11 billion worldwide, including three of the highest-grossing films in motion picture history.[5] Kennedy is third only to Kevin Feige and Steven Spielberg in domestic box office receipts, with over $7 billion as of October 2019.[6]”

So, again, as to people asking how she became president and has held on to that position since, her history probably plays a big part.
    You also glossed over the other points of my post where she is also executive producer to The Mandalorian, a series people love and use as a reason to get rid of her (if they only knew), as well as Rogue One. She also has a history of producing and making tons of money from her movies than losses.
    The original response was to someone stating they don’t know how she got/keeps her job. Her history, and the fact Star Wars is still making money. Hell, even The Last Jedi, which most people disliked (anecdotal from reviews), still earned 1.3 billion.
    I personally haven’t really enjoyed episodes 7-9, as o think JJ just rehashes old movies and banks off of nostalgia, and Rian has too many plot lines that went nowhere or had no impact when they did. That is more on the directors than Kennedy, but I recognize she still has a hand in it.
    So, please do some research before you state she’s bad for the position. There’s a reason she has the position, and while I might not like how some, some, of the Star Wars media has been handled, she is still making money and, most importantly, doing things people like.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Blizzard sold out long before Activision. Also one of the co-founders of Blizzard is still involved with the company. It is crazy the amount of things people over look or invent in order to hate on corporations or Blizzard. They do enough where things don't need to be fabricated.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't make sense. Blizzard canceled Titan internally in 2013 and announced it "publicly" in 2014. Activision signed a deal with Bungie in 2010/2011 (I have seen articles say both 8 year and 10 year length). You don't wait 2-3 years to cancel a game from your other studio just because you are afraid of competition. The months for announcements about Destiny and Titan do not match up either.
    I love how you go: Yes, they did that but not all of them, so you're fabricating it. xD

I figured that this new Jim Sterling video describes well why I wouldn't trust Brack with anything:

Before working for Blizzard, Brack's big job was being a producer for Star Wars Galaxies, during a time period where many players felt that the game's quality started to go downhill. But aside from game decisions... The guy isn't exactly a great public speaker, and at times even appears to belittle the audience "You think you do, but you don't." Him looking like a music store worker doesn't help matters.

And with all that... Blizz has been in a sea of controversy over the past year, with Blitzchung and Warcraft 3 reforged being at the heart of it. Brack's apologies have been... underwhelming, to say the least. So what did Morhaime or anyone else see in this guy to be president of Blizzard?
    Wait what, Brack is responsible for the NGE?

Is he stalking me and ruining any MMO I like?

Jab: "I'm the one who makes decisions here!"
    kotick: "You think you do, but you don't!"
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

All the speeches and apologies lately that he has signed have all had the shittiest non-human rhetoric imaginable without actually saying anything. Quite the opposite of Morhaime.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I love how you go: Yes, they did that but not all of them, so you're fabricating it. xD
    Except that isn't anything close to what I said. If the owners did not care about the company then they would have not been caring since 1994. We know that isn't true which means you are the one fabricating things. And yes a founder still working for the company clearly means the "owners" didn't abandon the company after making boat loads of money.

Your complaint is just general anti-corporate anti-wealth rant that isn't even based in any reality of the situation surrounding Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    All the speeches and apologies lately that he has signed have all had the shittiest non-human rhetoric imaginable without actually saying anything. Quite the opposite of Morhaime.
    Not really but the grass is always greener.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

With a position like that, its about the people you know.

I heard J allen not only fondles chinas balls. But works the shaft as well.

Except that isn't anything close to what I said. If the owners did not care about the company then they would have not been caring since 1994. We know that isn't true which means you are the one fabricating things. And yes a founder still working for the company clearly means the "owners" didn't abandon the company after making boat loads of money.

Your complaint is just general anti-corporate anti-wealth rant that isn't even based in any reality of the situation surrounding Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really but the grass is always greener.
    So, you gonna say it's not the corporate greed that is ruining blizzard?
    The fact it was sold to notably greedy company and it's leader leaving is completely irrelevant? Huh... i see.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    So, you gonna say it's not the corporate greed that is ruining blizzard? The fact it was sold to notably greedy company and it's leader leaving is completely irrelevant? Huh... i see.
    That is the point you keep missing. Blizzard as a company was sold to a a company in 1994 (They weren't even called Blizzard mind you). You can't sell out if you've already sold out. They also were not sold to a notably greedy company. Their parent company Vivendi merged Vivendi games with Activision. Activision Blizzard later bought themselves out from under Vivendi.

No it is not the corporate greed that is ruining Blizzard. It is Blizzard that is ruining Blizzard.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    MMO-C never changes.

It's pretty sad that some can repeat the same narrative over and over, only changing the names and moving goalposts as they go.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Banner pending.
    Remember people, social media grandstanding does not replace a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Blizzard hasn't released a new game in four-and-a-half years and that was recovered from the shambles of their most public and expensive failure ever. Gaming has moved on and the market cares little about a studio that can't seem to produce a new title on whatever platform they prefer to play on in nearly five years. There's nothing much on the plate for this year either. A WoW expansion at the end of the year for a game that is no longer attracting new customers to any great extent. Diablo IV (another sequel) who knows when, not in 2020. An expansion for Hearthstone this year sometime. Starcraft: Dead. Heroes of the Storm: Left for dead. No new IP's announced.

That's not healthy and someone needs to shake them up. Maybe it's Brack and maybe it's not. Whatever time you're talking about is years and years ago, probably pre-Titan which I still believe broke the company and they still haven't recovered. There's an argument to be made that if in all those years Morhaime couldn't shake them out of whatever funk they've been in maybe it's a good thing he's out of the way.
    This one kinda makes me notice how Blizzard is basically the american Square, with the slight difference, that we only get one Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts a decade at this point, but at least they tend to be visually stunning experiences which show off the capabilities of the current console generations. I don't really get how Blizz games take that long, considering that even the best of the best of them look at most average compared to other current generation games.

Same way everyone else does it. Either he's the longest-tenured lifer, has connections or kissed all the right amounts of the right corporate ass.

That is the point you keep missing. Blizzard as a company was sold to a a company in 1994 (They weren't even called Blizzard mind you). You can't sell out if you've already sold out. They also were not sold to a notably greedy company. Their parent company Vivendi merged Vivendi games with Activision. Activision Blizzard later bought themselves out from under Vivendi.

No it is not the corporate greed that is ruining Blizzard. It is Blizzard that is ruining Blizzard.
    I got it very well, but you want to be pedantic. Blizzard sold but it wasnt for a huge ammount in 1998. Vivendi and other owners were hands off parent companies, but activision isn't. Once activision came in they grabbed the money from shares presumably and left once they realised how they were. Sure it's not a carbon copy of other direct sales, but it still tells the same story. Big company wants hands on to ruin it/power play, they grab whatever money they can and leave.

So, i have to say i completely disagree with you. Activision is doing it to blizzard. I don't know how you can even say otherwise. You got evidence from bobby kotick himself saying record numbers, lets fire some people.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-02-19 at 01:30 PM.

He knows how to work Bobby boy's horns.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    ...nothing more than an attempt to create a hate circle jerk, but hey you do you
    Says the guy with the "Impeach the MF" image in his sig
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <The Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    I'unno, but he looks like he's about 5 minutes away from trooning out.
    Off Topic but, where the hell is your Signature gif from?? Why does it look so...damn...familiar?

Before working for Blizzard, Brack's big job was being a producer for Star Wars Galaxies, during a time period where many players felt that the game's quality started to go downhill.
    Which was the responsibility of Julio Torres, who was the producer from LucasArts assigned to SWG.