Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I can't stand his old guy hippy hair. It is literally the worst look in history.

That being said being well-liked by everyone, good looking and charismatic isn't necessary to be a good businessman. Just look at Bobby Kotick,

I wonder the same thing as to why Kathleen Kennedy is still allowed to make Star Wars movies. Both have brought out nothing good as of yet, quite the opposite actually, yet they remain in a leading role. Brack also seems incredibly disconnected with the playerbase and thinks to highly of himself, he thinks he knows what the playerbase wants and doing these fake apologies while they actually just want to stay on China's good side. Ofcourse this is all based of what we see and hear from him and I don't know how he acts behind the screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    Because he will gladly bow to his Chinese overlords that are Activision and do whatever the fuck they say. He's a yes man basically.
    Probably this

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I wonder the same thing as to why Kathleen Kennedy is still allowed to make Star Wars movies. Both have brought out nothing good as of yet, quite the opposite actually, yet they remain in a leading role. Brack also seems incredibly disconnected with the playerbase and thinks to highly of himself, he thinks he knows what the playerbase wants and doing these fake apologies while they actually just want to stay on China's good side. Ofcourse this is all based of what we see and hear from him and I don't know how he acts behind the screens.
    Because no one wants her job. To be ravage by a community that gets pissy over the smallest thing. Disney offered it to JJ, who turned it down. I bet same is with Blizzard President position. People dont want to deal with pissy communities.

EDIT: Why wouldn't the President of Blizzard Entertainment listen to HIS BOSSES at Activision? You telling me you dont listen to your boss? Jesus

He seems like a good yes man.

The same reason anyone gets promoted. The right people above you like you enough and you've be there long enough theres no one else worthy. And they have faith you will keep the ship steady and not rock the boat.

Everyone loves a team player.

Also known as a company yes man.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    This thread seems to be nothing more than an attempt to create a hate circle jerk, but hey you do you
    Yeah, but isn't that MMO-Champion's specialty?

Sucked a lot a' dick to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Sucked a lot a' dick to get there.
    Same ol' story: it's about who you know and who you blow.

US corporate culture is riddled with a lot of problems, and one small facet of it is someone like JAB becoming head of Blizzard. It's a system that rewards a very specific set of behaviors, and those are not necessarily the same you'd need to make a stellar product. Which is fine, because "stellar product" is usually not the goal anyway - maximum money in the short to medium term is, because that's what career investors care about.

Board of directors that's what happened, they probably looked at whom will bend over the easiest and is loyal to their interest, that's how you become CEO in a company like that, or any large company for that matter. I'm not sure there's even a better option than him, they all seem inexperienced in leading virtually anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    He'd have removed Ion from WoW by now if he was worth anything as a president.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I can well believe after the last dozen years that Blizzard needs help to become more responsive to the marketplace. If Brack's primary focus is less on the financial side and more on production/execution it may be a good thing.
    And this thinking, right here, is where things went completely wrong at Blizzard, IMO.

For the fans of Blizzard, people knew how it worked - Blizz didn't respond to the marketplace... the marketplace responded to Blizzard. THAT is what they (Blizzard) have lost.

Blizzard was smart enough, spread enough, and financed enough so that it didn't have to "respond to the marketplace" - it just took its sweet-ass time and made a kick ass game. They responded to what THEY thought was a good game.

They weren't the first on the RTS market, but they came out with the best one.
    They weren't the first MMORPG out there, but they came out with the best one.
    They weren't the first ARPG out there, but they recognized it and bought it to make it the best one (back then...)

This was the company who literally made "the market" recognize/respond to a phrase known as "Soon™". No company in the world could've gotten away with doing that...

...Until, as you say, they started "responding" to the market instead. So now they're just playing catch-up, like every other gaming company today. =/

He won the mak'gora easy

No one knows, but that won't stop people from pretending to know to insult someone they never met while acting as if they know far more than said company will ever know.

Gonna take a stab though and throw the curveball of maybe he did a good job?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    And this thinking, right here, is where things went completely wrong at Blizzard, IMO.

For the fans of Blizzard, people knew how it worked - Blizz didn't respond to the marketplace... the marketplace responded to Blizzard. THAT is what they (Blizzard) have lost.

Blizzard was smart enough, spread enough, and financed enough so that it didn't have to "respond to the marketplace" - it just took its sweet-ass time and made a kick ass game. They responded to what THEY thought was a good game.
    Blizzard hasn't released a new game in four-and-a-half years and that was recovered from the shambles of their most public and expensive failure ever. Gaming has moved on and the market cares little about a studio that can't seem to produce a new title on whatever platform they prefer to play on in nearly five years. There's nothing much on the plate for this year either. A WoW expansion at the end of the year for a game that is no longer attracting new customers to any great extent. Diablo IV (another sequel) who knows when, not in 2020. An expansion for Hearthstone this year sometime. Starcraft: Dead. Heroes of the Storm: Left for dead. No new IP's announced.

That's not healthy and someone needs to shake them up. Maybe it's Brack and maybe it's not. Whatever time you're talking about is years and years ago, probably pre-Titan which I still believe broke the company and they still haven't recovered. There's an argument to be made that if in all those years Morhaime couldn't shake them out of whatever funk they've been in maybe it's a good thing he's out of the way.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    How did Trump become president of the US?
    [img]https://i.imgflip.com/3pcs74.jpg[/ig][rl=https://imgflip.com/memegenerator]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/ur
    Last edited by Splenda; 2020-02-16 at 11:37 AM.

I know nothing about him or what he's responsible for at Blizzard, but he was right about Classic for most people

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

because of 10 year 100 million dollar contract she has with lucasfilm. aka disney.. thats why they havent bought her out...

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Before working for Blizzard, Brack's big job was being a producer for Star Wars Galaxies, during a time period where many players felt that the game's quality started to go downhill. But aside from game decisions... The guy isn't exactly a great public speaker, and at times even appears to belittle the audience "You think you do, but you don't." Him looking like a music store worker doesn't help matters.

And with all that... Blizz has been in a sea of controversy over the past year, with Blitzchung and Warcraft 3 reforged being at the heart of it. Brack's apologies have been... underwhelming, to say the least. So what did Morhaime or anyone else see in this guy to be president of Blizzard?
    Every company needs a fall man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Being President of Blizzard Entertainment is more than just being a good producer on one of the most successful games in history. Perhaps before judging harshly it would be useful to know just what he brings to the equation.

Speculating wildly here I might guess that Brack internally has been an advocate for faster turnaround on new IP's and games. That seems like something that a good game producer would know about. Blizzard's culture is famously fat and slow. It needs to be leaner, more agile and more flexible on titles and platforms. Brack may be just the guy for that. It's probably useful to understand that a producer is not a designer. A producer co-ordinates teams to get shit done as much on time as possible.

I can well believe after the last dozen years that Blizzard needs help to become more responsive to the marketplace. If Brack's primary focus is less on the financial side and more on production/execution it may be a good thing.

Other than that, this thread is a pointless exercise in picking a well-known name and trying to create drama.
    Casting pears before swine, as usual.

The last sentence is all this thread is worth.