Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    In what ways could Shadowlands end up being GREAT?
    The new systems end up actually being balanced. That would be great. That would be FUCKING GREAT.

Here is how to make Shadowlands not sucking like Mia Khalifa

Pre-Req : Avoid any BFA "ideas"

Step 0 : Before planning any new do the other steps.

Step 1 : Remove any talent that wasn't born as talent but was a baseline spell from previous expac and put it back in the baseline spell group, design new talents don't recycle, it isn't fun and you are a piece of shit Ion to have let this happen.

Step 2 : Bring back PvP vendors at least, PvE one needs a better planning but PvP not really just let people buy what they want in the order they want and not like throwing random gear.
    Honor > Blue BG Gear
    Conquest > Entry Gladiator
    Quartermaster Tokens alike > Elite Glad

Step 3 : Copy-Paste System from D3 like the Enchantress, it is absurd that D3 have a better RNG/Farm system than WoW.
    Random corruption doesn't work especially if there are BoE that shift the game to a Pay2HaveFun meta.

Want to add Deathforge or whatever in Shadowland? Ok but you put a NPC that let us pay a sum of currency and let us choose an effect from a random list like

- EV Rank 1
    - Severe 3
    - Insight

And make the cost increase if you want to reroll the same piece.

People that want min max will do this on every bis gear and people that prefer play casual will do this on any piece and call it a day.
    So everybody will be happy.

And even WQ gear that like now is basically useful only if it procs or if you shard it, will became somehow usefull ( oh I need this affix for M+ but I don't wanna change my raid gear, ah this blue will come to use )

Step 4 : Makes Professions usefull again, now this topic cannot be sum up shortly but let's focus on the main issue.

ATM any profession that isn't Alchemy/Herbalism/Enchanting sucks balls deeply, from a PvE pov, not from goldmaking.

Professions need back their perks, like Alchemy still have Master Elixir and JC is useless.

So basically

JC : BoP Gems
    BS : Add 2 Extra Sockets
    Tailor : Back Enchants
    LW : Legs Enchants
    Engineering : Head Enchants
    Enchanting : Chest Bracers Gloves Enchants ( flat stats )
    Alchemy : Nothing since is already strong now, but I would bring back the endless Flask/Pot for alchemist.

Regarding LW BS Tailor Enchanting the main issue could be to have double enchant plus bop gear, beside the fact that people will just roll the bis combination for their class like in wrath.

New allied races, one for each covenant.
    Allied races starting at honored with their respective covenant.
    The new leveling process is quick for allied races.
    H/A can unlock the same allied race and not worry about needing to make an alt for the opposite faction.

Complete rehabilitation of Sylvanas as a character.
    Horde characters no longer die.
    Good development of Bolvar as a character.
    As little Tyrande as possible in the story.
    More use from professions.
    More attention to class balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    This. F*** on class balance, i really don't care much about it: they should care about class balance after the beta, they can hotfix balance in later. First class engagement is the most important thing: they should test classes first before anything else, that's important. Classes are the window of how we play wow, and then they are broken, the game is broken.

But to make shadowlands good... it takes a LOT MORE. It actually takes a suramar-like endgame-content, and the maw isn't the content we need. Daily capped, time gated bullshite. (yes, you can be sure that the reinforcements act like a small time-gate and that his attention to you ends on the next day)
    I am actually down with a sandbox style experimentation endgame zone. The same way Suramar was a narrative driven endgame zone.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

5+ Year Old Account
    The level revamp can work out well cause everyone can pick the expansion they want.
    The new customization options could end up being fun. And maybe push the engine to new limits.
    If the unpruning is done well combat might start being satisfying again.
    Sylvanas might die.

not enough time in the world to list all but here's a few:

1) storyline is engaging and not entirely gated, no retcons, etc

2) blizzard unfucks classes and then leaves them alone

3) get rid of the star system for professions as well as gating them behind group content

4) bring back Gladiator Stance!

5) enough with the mission table. it was unique and cool in WoD and some of Legion but now it's just boring

6) fuck off with Pathfinder. Hit max level, pay 50k gold and it's account wide

If a different company makes it.

Many, but i wont bother listing cuz blizz wont do it anyway

My ideal WoW expansion
    • Linear zone progression, like the pre Legion days. Follow a cast of characters throughout the entire expansion with one overarching narrative.
    • Slice of life storylines like the Jade Forest and Valley of the Four Winds where you just chilled out in the world, giving you a reason to CARE about the conflict that threatens these people.
    • A city that feels like an actual city, like Stormwind, Suramar, or Boralus.
    • World quests are not gated behind reputation grinds *cough* Legion *cough* BFA *cough*
    • More minigames
    • The return of reputation storylines, as in MoP.
    • Fun reputation storylines like raising your Cloud Serpent, running your farm, learning ancient Pandaren history, etc.
    • A great soundtrack (have Russell Brower actually compose music that plays ingame again, not just for two minute cinematics you only see once).
    • Bring back Valor point vendors.
    • Bring back Conquest point vendors.
    • Challenging solo content like the Mage Tower.
    • Lower mob density (starting with WoD, the mob density in WoW became obnoxious and intrusive to gameplay)
    • Plot points with a ton of story material to mine that were hyped up for years, only to be casually thrown away in a single patch *cough* Emerald Dream *cough* Azshara and the Naga *cough* N'zoth *cough*
    • Faction restrictions are lifted, everyone can play together. MoP gave the faction war a satisfying ending and since then, all attempts to revive it and milk it for more nostalgia have only ended in failure.
    • No more rental powers. Give us a power and let us keep it into the next expansion, be it a talent, artifact, a covenant, or whatever.
    • Stop completely overhauling classes every expansion. Stick with a single vision of that class and stick with it.

Toghast has the potential to be one of the best features they've ever added. God I hope they don't fuck it up..
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Oooh, I'd love that.

Hopefully they have been busy in the shadows, making a world revamp without us knowing!
    If you ask me, they have been planing for a Azeroth world revamp since Legion... just go out in the open world now, and you will see that Legion and BFA revamped alot of NPCs and races all over the world, making the Azeroth revamp way easyer and giving them more time to focus on the content in it.

An Azeroth revamp will make it 100% possible to use the entire world for each future expansion, not like in BFA and Legion where blizzard was kinda hheld back, by the very bad old world grapics.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!