Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My personal hopes are these:

1. A smaller, more cohesive story: BFA was all over the place and many threads feel forgotten/unresolved
    2. Lots of Bolvar/DK stuff (I'm a sucker for LK-type lore)
    3. More Allied races, and small bits of lore that continue to integrate the existing ARs
    4. Each patch continues to add customization options, including some for Allied races
    5. We deal with Sylvanas, once and for all
    6. They don't make the most predictable heel turn ever and make Tyrande evil
    7. NPC companions
    8. For the love of Christ, no Horde vs Alliance faction war bullshit
    9. Updated models for more old creatures or updated versions of classic armors/weapons (I want Battlegear of Valor, 2020 edition)
    10. Questlines to unlock new race/class combos
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-02-16 at 09:57 AM.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

• Making M+ great again, i.e. Legion.
    • Bringing back class tier sets.
    • A ton of content for both solo and group progression.
    • Bolvar's character actually being good.
    • Less focus on Sylvanas. The earlier she dies, the better.
    • A good, satisfying story for the expansion.
    • No more tentacles.
    • No pointless grinds.
    • GCD changes reverted.
    • Classes feel satisfying to play.
    • Tons of new customization options.

- Cosmetics = Blizzard seems to realise in recent years cosmetics is what carries WoW these days, so this expansion is the perfect opportunity to REALLY impress people, between the customasation updates and covenants

- Class redesign = literally just copy and past MoP classes - everyone will be happy

- Features = No AP grind is good, having it only a weekly, which inherently makes the expansion more alt-friendly, Torghast needs to be more repeatable than Visions I'd say, and there needs to be more rewards for exploring/ taking your time. Timed should be how you progress and get the best rewards but there should be benefits for those who are adverse to timed content.

- M+ = Less intrusive seasonal affixes, awakened is an example of a nice affix. The azshara one is not. They need to make sure that choose 1 of 4 rewards from your chest makes it into live

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UhmHi View Post
    Could make peace with it, or leave the game until they wise up.

I choose the latter, Nazjatar pathfinder killed off flying entirely for me.
    It took 8 days maximum to get flying when 8.2 came out. Not that big of a deal

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    So, we have a negative thread already so let's bring up all the things that could potentially make SL great or even the best expansion yet.

- Covenants is much more interesting than reputations and gives you something to look forward to.
    - Toghast having a lot of replayability and fun rewards in different tiers of drop chance.
    - Potential "corruption mechanic" that's more balanced and gives us a risk-reward gameplay throughout the expansion.
    - Old abilities feeling more than nostalgic, actually feeling class defining and useful.

What can you come up with?
    If kiss/curse persists through 8.3, i am out. Way worse than TF.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    SL seems like the perfect candidate to introduce zone specific flying. Completed one zone (all quests, rep exalted)? Get flying for this zone alone. No problem, because the zones are not interconnected. Also that way it will be very easy to add new zones and let players experience the content on the ground at first but in the air later. There is little reason for them to delay flying in a model outlined by me.
    that does sound good but i doubt they will go down that route sadly

de pruning hopefully making alot more classes viable.
    for example if dps death knights could aoe grip theyd be used more
    let every druid spec ursols and use tranq out of form like cataclysm
    maybe let dps shamans use healing tide totem as a raid cd like they could in cata/mop
    oh also remove the demon hunter/monk debuff

alot of people complained that mop " every class was cookie cutter"

but it just...worked you didnt really have any classes that were just so bad you never had someone play them like you see with alot of ones right now
    and et

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    If kiss/curse persists through 8.3, i am out. Way worse than TF.
    it won't. I think once the threat of N'Zoth is over the corrupted items will all disappear and we will go back to the old system of just flat ilvl gear

Ok, here are the things that would help a lot:
    - Disable sharding completely after the first week
    - merge servers to counter the resulting player numbers problem
    - scale back on phasing
    - give us a satisfying conclusion to the Teldrassil storyline

That is the bare ml minimum, in every other case it will suck.

That is the

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I'm hoping that with all the resources freed from not adding a new class, they're able to bring classes into a good, engaging spot.
    I dont get this mentality. Like the classes have ever been balanced in expansions without new vlasses?

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    I dont get this mentality. Like the classes have ever been balanced in expansions without new vlasses?
    I never said anything about balance. The main point is that without having to develop a new class, the hope is that they're able to make existing classes more fun.
    Attention all members of staff, corporate asks that in these trying pandemic times we stay safe and avoid spreading the virus, therefore please remain at your desks at all times, you ARE allowed to contact friends and family using company phones, but you must always maintain productivity

not fucking up the gearing and apologizing after 2 patches would be nice
    especially because this happened back to back now in 2 expansions

Shadowlands would be great if they go back to releasing content more frequently. In Legion we got Emerald Nightmare in September, Karazhan in October, Trial of Valor in November and Nighthold in January. In BfA we had 5 months of nothing between Uldir and Battle for Dazar'alor. Give me something to do that I haven't been doing for the past 4 months and I'll play.

They aren't trying to ride on shitty systems like Island expeditions/Warfronts. They're aren't any new major features, rather it's about refining the ones we have. They're doing what they should have done with the island technology, and making an infinite dungeon with procedural generation. I'm glad they didn't abandon that all together. It can add a lot of replayability to something. The zones look absolutely amazing. And since this isn't Azeroth, the patches can contain content that we've never seen. It doesn't have to follow anything. Like we could get some random zone that doesn't make any sense because the shadowland's are a connected new dimension

If they continue to add customization to existing races, in the same way, they added allied races during BFA. I'd say it's the same amount of work if not less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

I think Torghast is all that matters to me. A viable, variable solo experience that offers power progression is exactly what I've wanted in this game for a long time. If they get this right, I think it will be a really big deal for the long-term health of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Shadowlands might be great if...

• There are a ton of new appearance options for all the races, particularly new hairstyles and faces for those which are a bit lacking (such as Night Elves).
    • Torghast ends up being an excellent piece of repeating content that feels deep, immersive, challenging, fun and rewarding. With staying power to last throughout the expansion, preferably with new tweaks, difficulty levels, themes and rewards added continuously in patches.
    • The story doesn't stay in the Shadowlands, but takes us to other places across Azeroth.
    • The Covenant system is at least as deep and story-rich as Order Halls with Artifact weapons. There are only four of them so they need to branch out a bit to fit everyone.
    • Soulbinding becomes a way to customise your abilities while also forming interesting bonds with cool characters, perhaps offering you unique quests.
    • In a surprise twist, tier sets or something like it makes a return.
    • Sylvanas finally bites the dust.
    • Two more Allied Races are added, for the Worgen and Undead.
    • It sets the stage for a complete world revamp or a sequel to WoW.
    There are a ton of new appearance options for all the races, particularly new hairstyles and faces for those which are a bit lacking (such as Night Elves).

We know there's going to be a ton of new appearances for all classes, so that's a given.

The story doesn't stay in the Shadowlands, but takes us to other places across Azeroth.

I actually hope not. BfA has taken us all around Azeroth just about, so it would be nice to be focused elsewhere again. Even Legion had us going around a bit with artifact quests etc. I kinda miss just an expansion based place.

Sylvanas finally bites the dust

I would be completely satisfied if this happens. Even if she doesn't die, I hope she'll maybe end up being stuck/confined/trapped in the Shadowlands - the place she's feared the most. So I guess she'd be dead in a sense then...

Bloodsail Admiral Nalam the Venom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stenbumling89 View Post
    Way less chores, weekly or daily, tied to your character power
    This will never happen, they need some way for you to keep logging in every day/week.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

If they add back cool abilities that they have taken out that would be awesome. I am REALLY hoping for them to bring back claws or shirvallah, even if it's just cosmetic. That would be an easy change just to add a little bit more fun to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    This will never happen, they need some way for you to keep logging in every day/week.
    Why though? They charge by the month. I have never understood why they need you to log in EVERY SINGLE DAY for hours at a time and just give you busy work. You should play the game because it's fun or hard or there is a real reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    We are in this thread with Elba, therefore we are all Elba.

At blizzcon ion mentioned that players should have more controll in what stats crafted items have, so i hope that we'll see less rng in general when it comes to gear, also legendaries tied to proffesions could be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    The story doesn't stay in the Shadowlands, but takes us to other places across Azeroth.
    I'd rather avoid seeing 10 years old zones.
    Tyrande finally bites the dust.
    FTFY
    Two more Allied Races are added, for the Worgen and Undead.
    Allied races aren't based on normal races. Venthyr and Kyrian are the way to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    - give us a satisfying conclusion to the Teldrassil storyline
    Sylvanas uses her new powers to slay Tyrande and finally kill the hope.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.