Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post

Allied races aren't based on normal races.
    Wat?

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    We are in this thread with Elba, therefore we are all Elba.

fix class design
    add pvp gear vendors
    frequent balancing updates
    no titanforging or corrupting BS
    fun
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

The Lightbringer Monster Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    So, we have a negative thread already so let's bring up all the things that could potentially make SL great or even the best expansion yet.

- Covenants is much more interesting than reputations and gives you something to look forward to.
    - Toghast having a lot of replayability and fun rewards in different tiers of drop chance.
    - Potential "corruption mechanic" that's more balanced and gives us a risk-reward gameplay throughout the expansion.
    - Old abilities feeling more than nostalgic, actually feeling class defining and useful.

What can you come up with?
    If the do returning to class above spec properly and not just half assed giving some old useless abilities back.

I'd love to see talent trees return that let you pick abilities from all specs and build ur char how you want. I firmly belive the cata talent change Was the biggest design mistake blizz ever made and most other design problems have resulted from it.

The simpler talents and splitting of specs into there own encapsulated thing might have made there balancing job easier but it's come at a huge cost to class fantasy, rpg elements and people's freedom to play how they want, balance is important but it should never come at the cost of player freedom, customisation which is the core of an rpg, when people feel there char is there own there more invested in it, and thus more invested in the world. Wow isn't an esport and it never will be, its an MMORPG and blizz need to get back to that. Untill then wow will be stuck in this war between fun and balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Wat?

/10char
    It is a coincidence that you see. Vulpera are different theme wise while Kul Tirans have completely new model.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by daerellin View Post
    I think Torghast is all that matters to me. A viable, variable solo experience that offers power progression is exactly what I've wanted in this game for a long time. If they get this right, I think it will be a really big deal for the long-term health of the game.
    I worry it will be limited entry :S

-Improve the gameplay
    -Torghast being good
    -Solid dungeons
    -Solid raids
    -Better WQs
    -Less sytems on systems on systems
    -Removing the insane power increase every patch.
    -covenants being good
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I worry it will be limited entry :S
    You can probably bank on it requiring currency and daily/weekly lockouts.

They should give our races back their unique attack animations instead of the same one for every single class, race and ability. I miss my old Human strike...

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    -Better WQs
    Oh yeah! Quite a few WQ's now and in Legion were pretty unfun imo. I wouldn't mind more rares with raid mechanics etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Oh yeah! Quite a few WQ's now and in Legion were pretty unfun imo. I wouldn't mind more rares with raid mechanics etc.
    The only ones that bother me are the "fill a bar" ones where each kill is like 1% and the ones with low spawn rates that isn't tag shared....

I just hope the new racial appearances aren't locked behind a paywall.
    Kupo.

-Linear storytelling, this means the leveling experience will actually have something to do with the end game experience/storyline and not randomly leave unfinished stories scattered all over the place

-More Assault like zones, instead of WQ everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The only ones that bother me are the "fill a bar" ones where each kill is like 1% and the ones with low spawn rates that isn't tag shared....
    Yeah, but I'd rather they made it fun than quick. I don't mind the 1 % if it was fun... like say in a huge dungeonesque cave with an end boss or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    If the do returning to class above spec properly and not just half assed giving some old useless abilities back.

I'd love to see talent trees return that let you pick abilities from all specs and build ur char how you want. I firmly belive the cata talent change Was the biggest design mistake blizz ever made and most other design problems have resulted from it.

The simpler talents and splitting of specs into there own encapsulated thing might have made there balancing job easier but it's come at a huge cost to class fantasy, rpg elements and people's freedom to play how they want, balance is important but it should never come at the cost of player freedom, customisation which is the core of an rpg, when people feel there char is there own there more invested in it, and thus more invested in the world. Wow isn't an esport and it never will be, its an MMORPG and blizz need to get back to that. Untill then wow will be stuck in this war between fun and balance.
    “Simpler talents”...have you played a character in retail in I don’t know the last 8 years??? Characters are pretty much at a complexity peak involving essences, Azerite, and corruption

BFA class design is great and my warrior has never been so much fun. Sorry most of you guys are fighting change

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I never said anything about balance. The main point is that without having to develop a new class, the hope is that they're able to make existing classes more fun.
    You're right. I was unnecessarily triggered. I apologize.

The only way Shadowlands can be good is if they devote a shit tonne of time to Class Design.

The way your class plays is the core experience of World of Warcraft.

If they aren't actively engaging with and responding to Class feedback on the Beta forums then you can almost guarantee we're in for another shit show. Their repeated "Blizzard knows best" bullshit is what got us here in the first place.

Blizzard doesn't know best. BfA is proof of that.

That's a start for me. Everything else is secondary.

The Lightbringer Monster Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciWarr View Post
    “Simpler talents”...have you played a character in retail in I don’t know the last 8 years??? Characters are pretty much at a complexity peak involving essences, Azerite, and corruption

BFA class design is great and my warrior has never been so much fun. Sorry most of you guys are fighting change
    i have played almost constantly bar breaks since wow released, never before have so many people found the class design this bad, so.... sorry your in a minority, guess you will have to embrace the change when azerite vanishes and classes change in SL. but then why do you think azerite / artifacts /essences exist ? all these rent-a-talents? maybe its because there half assed temporary stand in's for the very talent system they cut back in cata.

hope you still like your warrior though bro when they change it in SL,

Story that is compelling...and that would lead to ending Sylvanas instead of some lame redemption like Grom

Old abilities for sure, doubt we'd get any new ones other than the covenant ones
    Talent/class revamps, plenty of talent trees that just have worthless abilities tied to them (And actually do it this time instead of making promises then just buffing some damage abilities instead)

Also hoping Torghast will be interesting
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

#WithoutRespectWeReject

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Classes being fun and engaging again is all it would take for me.
    This. F*** on class balance, i really don't care much about it: they should care about class balance after the beta, they can hotfix balance in later. First class engagement is the most important thing: they should test classes first before anything else, that's important. Classes are the window of how we play wow, and then they are broken, the game is broken.

But to make shadowlands good... it takes a LOT MORE. It actually takes a suramar-like endgame-content, and the maw isn't the content we need. Daily capped, time gated bullshite. (yes, you can be sure that the reinforcements act like a small time-gate and that his attention to you ends on the next day)

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    You're right. I was unnecessarily triggered. I apologize.
    Oh no worries, I mean I agree with you, the classes will never be truly balanced so why bother.

It's just that many keep saying that the classes were so much more fun in MoP so now Blizzard has more time to make them that great again.
    Attention all members of staff, corporate asks that in these trying pandemic times we stay safe and avoid spreading the virus, therefore please remain at your desks at all times, you ARE allowed to contact friends and family using company phones, but you must always maintain productivity