Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    where did i say it is only profit ?
    I never said that. I only said you'd only have a point if it did.

and it is still main profit however the exp box sale
    Is it? Is it, really? Especially considering that a few months' subs is already yields more than the price of a box being sold? A player who remains subbed for a third of the expansion's total life already gave more money to Blizzard through subscriptions than the actual box' price. That is WoW's main profitability: subscriptions.

Which is why your "using your logic" argument does not work.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Ooooooh-kay... now I know what kind of post this truly is. I feel bad having spent actual effort writing this post.

But, just to humor you: where is your source for this "1 million players" claim?
    probably just a "feeling" he had

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Obviously the grind of the past two expansions needs to go.
    I keep seeing people saying this - but I still don't know what grind they are talking about ?

Any requirements for grinding got taken out of WoW a decade ago.

Go back to classic - now that's grinding.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    They didn't change the gcd from 1 to 1.5 seconds.

What are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

You are playing the wrong game.
    WoW will never be a good single player game, you will never have the moment to moment gameplay other single player games or mobas/rts/shooters have.

WoW's strength is multiplayer gameplay, blizzard should embrace that.

It's of course just my subjective opinion and apparently some people like poop with sparkles but most of the solo stuff in WoW is super boring/chore like.
    Pretty piss-poor strength then when Diablo3 has a stronger multiplayer component and is more social to boot (with a far worse UI for actually being social).

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    /facepalm
    WoW is COMPLETELY UNFIT for console gameplay. People have been reading every simplification of controls as "wow is gonna be a console game soon" since like LK, man. Stop this bs.
    If WoW appears on consoles, that will be a spinoff game. The retail will never move to another platform.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. First of all next gen consoles PS5 and Xbox Scarlett are suppose to support keyboard and mouse at start.
    And we already have games on consoles that are suppose to only support keyboard.

So they only need to port it to ps5/xboxS and make it keyboard and mouse only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Okay fair point, argh every post I see by you I happen to read in Magni's voice for some reason lol.
    Okay, its gonna be a while before I get that voice out of my head now.... thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yes, we can reply as many times as we wish - ideally, by addressing the subject at hand, instead of trollish, smug 1-liners that contribute exactly nothing to the discussion.

More on topic, Blizzard seems to be realising, at long last, that while dungeons and raids may be WoW's bread and butter, they simply aren't enough to keep the interest of a significant part of the playerbase. I remember reading somewhere that only 60% or so of the players kill a raid boss - yes, that includes LFR. Visions look like an early draft of single player-oriented content, and looks like Tor'ghast in SL will iterate on it. They'd better not !@#& it up though, as they did with warfronts/islands.
    Why write volumes and volumes, when your point or question can be narrowed down to a single pithy question or comment?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Artifact power. Azerite Power. Essences. Legiondaries. Reps for flying. Reps for neck levels.
    Some of these are the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    GCD change was good, it just was not thought through delivery-wise.

OP solution would only cause people to make out of the game mouse macros, which would be 10 times the bullshit.
    It made the game less enjoyable to play, which even the devs admit. It was justified with vague "long term consequences" and to "fix" burst macros (which they already fixed by reducing the number of CDs we have, until essences added another one, which again added another GCD before you get to play your spec).

Their internal and external communication still sucks and the revolving door of devs (thanks to trash pay and little power to change things) is clearly showing. That's what they really need to change, long before they can fix the game.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-02-24 at 07:06 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. First of all next gen consoles PS5 and Xbox Scarlett are suppose to support keyboard and mouse at start
    In that case they are no longer different from a PC and then don't need the UI to be simplified to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yes, we can reply as many times as we wish - ideally, by addressing the subject at hand, instead of trollish, smug 1-liners that contribute exactly nothing to the discussion.

More on topic, Blizzard seems to be realising, at long last, that while dungeons and raids may be WoW's bread and butter, they simply aren't enough to keep the interest of a significant part of the playerbase. I remember reading somewhere that only 60% or so of the players kill a raid boss - yes, that includes LFR. Visions look like an early draft of single player-oriented content, and looks like Tor'ghast in SL will iterate on it. They'd better not !@#& it up though, as they did with warfronts/islands.
    unfortunately that's what we see here most of the times. well tbh i love this patch, loads of bugs many times i encountered, and but im enjoying so much, and im happy i can do more visions, i want to experiment more things and they increasing CV and vessels stored, that will be amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    The single major thing that needs to change is that Blizzard need to switch gears from their systems-first methodology towards a gameplay-first philosophy.

Grind on grind on grind on bars on bars on bars on systems on systems on systems... For fuck's sake, when I started playing this game in 2004 you did quests, then you did dungeons, then you did raids. Clear, linear power progression.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

I think a lot of changes were made in an attempt to attract a audience that was never really interested in wow o start with. I always like wondering what would of happened if wow stayed closer to its tbc design. I'm sure it would have problems but I think they would be different ones at least.

I’d like:
    More Fantasy, i.e more flaming swords and less laserbeams.
    At least 50% Bis items (deterministic rewards).
    Flying at Max lvl from the get go.
    Dungeons & raids where a mage has to sheep or a rogue stun or a hunter or lock kite.
    Well there is more ofc, but I’ll stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurrelurre View Post
    I’d like:
    More Fantasy, i.e more flaming swords and less laserbeams.
    At least 50% Bis items (deterministic rewards).
    Flying at Max lvl from the get go.
    Dungeons & raids where a mage has to sheep or a rogue stun or a hunter or lock kite.
    Well there is more ofc, but I’ll stop there.
    you're reading my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    This has to do with their waterfall development method - their change cycles are measured in years instead of months. The feedback they're responding to with major releases is two years old. That builds the "Blizzard doesn't listen" mentality. If they had adopted more agile change/develpment methodology early, many of the huge sweeping changes in x.0 major releases probably wouldn't have been that controversial.
    Yep, that thing right here is the issue.