Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Blizzard customer service etiquette

Call this a whine post or what will you, but i`d like to know people thoughts on this.

So recently i decided that i would actually make an effort to get PvP gear on my paladin, since the golden armor set has been dream of mine since i started 14-15 years ago. After already putting in many, many hours, i was to hit rank 8 last wednesday, and then i log in, only to find my account had been suspended for 6 months.
    Curious as to why, i reached out to blizzard, only to get slapped with the "We have gathered evidence that you have been using third party software or similar programs"
    At this point i was mad, very mad, since personally i have hated people who use bots with a passion as long as i`ve played this game, then the guy i chatted with said "If you want to, you can appeal your ban at <insert whatever link he sent me>" to which i responded i would very much like to appeal my ban, this is complete and utter BS, to which he replies instantly that "Your appeal has been declined, your account will be playable again when the suspension is lifted"

I thought this was weird, so i still clicked the link, wrote down my thoughts and arguments, and sent them an appeal, to which i got the same response just a couple hours later. Also, like with anyone, they refuse to tell what this so called evidence they have gathered actually is, and from what i`ve heard from others in similar predicaments, they dont really have any, it`s just that when trolls and random a-holes send in reports on you, they just do it on a hunch..

Luke from Linustechtips was in the exact same situation, banned for the same amount of time, for the same reason, but him being famous in the PC world, and being able to throw blizzard some bad PR, they even called him up, and unbanned him..

Is this the customer service people want? Is there even a point to actually getting into contact with a GM or similar? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    Call this a whine post or what will you, but i`d like to know people thoughts on this.

So recently i decided that i would actually make an effort to get PvP gear on my paladin, since the golden armor set has been dream of mine since i started 14-15 years ago. After already putting in many, many hours, i was to hit rank 8 last wednesday, and then i log in, only to find my account had been suspended for 6 months.
    Curious as to why, i reached out to blizzard, only to get slapped with the "We have gathered evidence that you have been using third party software or similar programs"
    At this point i was mad, very mad, since personally i have hated people who use bots with a passion as long as i`ve played this game, then the guy i chatted with said "If you want to, you can appeal your ban at <insert whatever link he sent me>" to which i responded i would very much like to appeal my ban, this is complete and utter BS, to which he replies instantly that "Your appeal has been declined, your account will be playable again when the suspension is lifted"

I thought this was weird, so i still clicked the link, wrote down my thoughts and arguments, and sent them an appeal, to which i got the same response just a couple hours later. Also, like with anyone, they refuse to tell what this so called evidence they have gathered actually is, and from what i`ve heard from others in similar predicaments, they dont really have any, it`s just that when trolls and random a-holes send in reports on you, they just do it on a hunch..

Luke from Linustechtips was in the exact same situation, banned for the same amount of time, for the same reason, but him being famous in the PC world, and being able to throw blizzard some bad PR, they even called him up, and unbanned him..

Is this the customer service people want? Is there even a point to actually getting into contact with a GM or similar? Thoughts?
    if you are legit being honest about this situation then Blizzard might be dishonest and I recommend never buying another thing from them, but if you are being dishonest then you're screwed because by the time you get unbanned most or all of your ranks will be gone. Blizzard really needs to release names of programs that are forbidden along with any stupid hacker changes that will get you banned. Ultimately Blizzard is losing talent like crazy and this could really just be stupid or understaffed overworked tired people that are making decisions based on time allowed per report more than a deep investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    if you are legit being honest about this situation then Blizzard might be dishonest and I recommend never buying another thing from them, but if you are being dishonest then you're screwed because by the time you get unbanned most or all of your ranks will be gone. Blizzard really needs to release names of programs that are forbidden along with any stupid hacker changes that will get you banned. Ultimately Blizzard is losing talent like crazy and this could really just be stupid or understaffed overworked tired people that are making decisions based on time allowed per report more than a deep investigation.
    I know i`m just another "guy on the internet" but i would never bot, i`ll admit to sorta just standing around in AV alot of times when you want some easy honor, which i suppose is where the reports came from, i see alot of matches where go "report them for this or that because its faster than reporting them for afking", that, i think is utterly stupid to get banned over

So for me, it seems like blizzard is just throwing out 6 month bans willynilly these days, there are plenty of actual bots, and people buying gold that i`ve reported myself, which never seems to get any attention

I know i`m just another "guy on the internet" but i would never bot, i`ll admit to sorta just standing around in AV alot of times when you want some easy honor, which i suppose is where the reports came from, i see alot of matches where go "report them for this or that because its faster than reporting them for afking", that, i think is utterly stupid to get banned over

So for me, it seems like blizzard is just throwing out 6 month bans willynilly these days, there are plenty of actual bots, and people buying gold that i`ve reported myself, which never seems to get any attention
    You think you got banned for bitting because ppl reported you?

You were AFK so much that people want you banned? That's impressive
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-02-16 at 08:23 PM.

I wouldn't take peoples word when it comes to "people getting banned for botting due to reports" when it's most likely due to false flag processes that get caught in the anti-botting detection.

But the reason why blizzard or literally ANY company doesn't tell you what exactly they found is to make it harder for people to develop bots or cheats. If they were saying this and this and that caused it would give lots of information to bypass it.

EDIT: wrote would instead of Wouldn't.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-02-17 at 09:01 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I would take peoples word when it comes to "people getting banned for botting due to reports" when it's most likely due to false flag processes that get caught in the anti-botting detection.

But the reason why blizzard or literally ANY company doesn't tell you what exactly they found is to make it harder for people to develop bots or cheats. If they were saying this and this and that caused it would give lots of information to bypass it.
    I think what these people want is the name of the program that triggered the flag, however I highly doubt their systems work in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I think what these people want is the name of the program that triggered the flag, however I highly doubt their systems work in that way.
    what would that do? If the say "we found that -insert botting program name- was detected" they would just deny it anyway. And yeah, it doesn't really work that way either since it hardly is looking after certain programs. If you do it that way you are always one step behind the bot developers, so most likely just looking for inconsistencies in traffic and data transmitted.

Thing is that if they were to give any answers people would claim it's not enough, if they give too much of an answer they help the developers of said cheats.

10+ Year Old Account

There is a whole lot you aren't telling us. Sure there are false positives, but nothing you've said indicates you might be one. My 'thoughts' until additional evidence is presented is that you earned your ban.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Another „great Blizz customer support“ thread is open in prarallel, if its interesting for op or others.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-about-refunds

Seems we now see the results of the firing of all that customer support ppl a half year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    Another „great Blizz customer support“ thread is open in prarallel, if its interesting for op or others.

Seems we now see the results of the firing of all that customer support ppl a half year ago.
    You're seriously defending the guy who spams insults, death wishes and antisemitic slurs through his 3 accounts since yesterday?

i`ll admit to sorta just standing around in AV alot of times when you want some easy honor
    You deserve a suspension for this. Not a 6 month suspension, but definitely something.

Quote Originally Posted by hahno View Post
    You deserve a suspension for this. Not a 6 month suspension, but definitely something.
    There's nothing against the ToS that says you can't go AFK during a battleground, whether intended to get free honor, to use the bathroom, or an actual emergency.

Now I have no clue if OP is full of crap or not, but no one deserves a suspension for simply going afk, regardless now many people report you for it. I wouldn't be surprised if this is automated report bullshit happening.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, since we don't know the entire side of your story, it's hard to say. You've told us about AV and getting gear but we don't know what you've done outside of AV, meaning it's possible that your behavior throughout WoW may have had an effect. We also don't know what's on your computer or your network or even what devices you play WoW on. There are a multitude of factors at play when Blizzard bans someone. Since you'd likely never answer some of the more probing questions, this conversation is pointless.

The only thing worth reading in that thread is what got the OP banned.

all people banned for botting claim they never touched a bot with a ten foot pole in their life.
    So yeah,it's going to take more than that to convince me

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    You're seriously defending the guy who spams insults, death wishes and antisemitic slurs through his 3 accounts since yesterday?
    Doesn't matter, it's better than defending shitshow Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Doesn't matter, it's better than defending shitshow Blizzard.
    TIL that blizzard is worse that antisemitism .

They laid off zero CS positions; the only two positions cut from the CS department were a Bliz It. Analyst and a Blizzard BI programmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    TIL that blizzard is worse that antisemitism .
    There is zero "antisemitism" in the OP of that thread. Trying to pretend otherwise just makes you look like a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.