shifting power covenant power

this one seemed interesting to me, Shifting Power (Night Fae) - Draw from the ground beneath you for a period of time, dealing Nature damage over time to nearby enemies. While channeling, your ability cooldowns are reduced, depending on the cooldown, how long it channels amd how much it reduces your cooldowns do you guys think this could be comparable to the others by allowing us to use our burst cooldowns more

all depends on tuning but could be interesting, imagine that on something like hivemind nowadays, have combustion up for way more add packs

tbh it seems a bit akward, if i can picture it correctly at least... can't imagine it being used on anything other than m+

ironically enough if the CD reduction is the bigger part of the skill (instead of it's dmg) it may even be used on ground with between pulls to maximize cds...

it's the only convenant skill i didn't like for mages

10+ Year Old Account
    Its really hard to tell if this will be good or not... As it stands it does some AoE damage which fine but the problem is you have to be close and also have to channel 6 seconds. So I am not sure this be used for the damage. On top of that the cool down reduction is only 9 seconds, which isn't that much when you have to stand still for 6 seconds.

Of course this alpha and it could change, and I hope it does. Standing near enemies, is not what I think about when I play mage. I have always disliked arcane explosion for that very reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, based on the damage coefficient (60% of SP every 1.5 seconds for 6 seconds) it is the equivalent of spamming AE 4-5 times, but adds the cooldown reduction, so it is a nice benefit on AoE pulls where you would have used AE anyway. I think you'd use it on cooldown all the time but obviously it has almost no use on a single target heavy movement fight. If those are highly prevalent in SL, I don't see it being as attractive an option as say Radiant Spark or Deathborne.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"