Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    well, maybe not do a kung fu panda spin off as intro next time, i guess?
    -
    i'd say its less about asia culture, if blizz tried harder it would have been likely a success, a game like suikoden II was very well recieved by the western audience and it came with full asia architecture of villages and cities and theme for example, i remember that game the best rpg of the ps 1, while facing excellent competition like ff7.

People quickly forget that tons of old cartoons series of the 70/80/90ies were from japan with science fiction themes(captain future) or western themes(perrine, rose of versailles) but they worked like those crpgs on consoles they tried to emotional touch you in usual, suspensful, drama story.

But MoP wasn't all that, it was in the inside still western oriented story telling and characterization and thats another reasion why the asia theme did not work, it wasn't in line with other asia media that we know over the decades, it just tried to copy stuff in its usual blizz/wow formula.

I think Isle of Thunder was MoP best moment immersive and lore wise, and the gamplay was near perfect and enjoyable in pvp as well as pve, due to a successful class design of a lot of classes.

I would not mind another asia themed wow expansion, if blizz would try harder. Doubt, though that would ever happen again. The critics were not nice to MoP, but they are not true wow gamers have no idea of good gameplay, proabably most critics only saw MoPs dailies and quit.

I'd say never rate an expansion before the last content patch.

I have no doubts, that BfA will feel much better with a new expansion, with new systems and better class design, but still great art and design of landscapes and cities, raids and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, i agree with everything you just wrote, but that. Wasn't Throne of Thunder one of the best raids of all time? Exactly like Ulduar in wotlk was?

Did you get your wyvern acm in ToT?

Its my favorite raid for sure!

And SoO, while it was chaotic and weird in terms of lore, was an incredible fun raid people did enjoy very much.

Maybe you meant the first raids at release were not the best? i agree with that one.
    yeah people liked ulduar so much they campaigned for the next raid to not have any trash.

Ulduar was one of the lowest participation raids when it was current, all of the ulduar love makes no sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was good. But people hated pandas.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

It wasn't good. People just suck at remembering.

You're confusing good with better my friend. As in better than current.

because the beginning of MoP was absolute fuckign dogshit. It just became better later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    yeah people liked ulduar so much they campaigned for the next raid to not have any trash.

Ulduar was one of the lowest participation raids when it was current, all of the ulduar love makes no sense.
    Are you sure? I remember this very differently.

The only problem with ulduar was the patch relevant to ulduar was very short and we got quickly Trials. I liked the trash free raid, but most hated it.

HONESTLY...who cares if MoP was good or not. If you liked it, good. If you didn't, no need to bitch about population etc.
    Everyone has their favorite expac, this is normal. Why don't people just post a *This is what i liked/disliked* about Mop. maybe a thread post asking what people's good/bad parts about mop were, instead of focusing on only the negative side of an expac. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    It wasn't good. People just suck at remembering.
    Are you trying to imply people who held the opinion that MoP was good are wrong?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Are you trying to imply people who held the opinion that MoP was good are wrong?
    i actually liked mop, but that's me.
    i did the dam legendary cloak quest on 4 toons. T.T
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Because most people hated the expansion and MMOChamp, reddit etc are just retrospective echo chambers. It's like a meme where people try to appear objective. Oh BFA bad but MoP good. BFA bad but BFA art good. I personally enjoyed MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    It didn't. It only dropped in china and that has a lot of complicated things related to it that goes beyond quality of the game/expansion. MoP was one of the best expansions. Rapid drop in american subs didn't occur until WoD. Legion helped a bit. I really wish they never combined the eastern and western subs. Sure it made the game look much more impressive in Wrath but most sub number flux came from china. So it didn't give an accurate reading of western popularity.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    MoP had a rough start. Lots of lag and not much content. By Throne of Thunder it was quite good, maybe not as good as other expansions but better than we've had in a long time.
    Yep, plus...while the population DID drop, it didn't drop NEARLY as bad as WOD or BFA. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Yep, plus...while the population DID drop, it didn't drop NEARLY as bad as WOD or BFA. Not even close.
    We don't know if population dropped in BfA, doesn't seem so. Blizzard stopped reporting somewhere around WoD so we don't even know that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Sure, i agree with everything you just wrote, but that. Wasn't Throne of Thunder one of the best raids of all time? Exactly like Ulduar in wotlk was?

Did you get your wyvern acm in ToT?

Its my favorite raid for sure!

And SoO, while it was chaotic and weird in terms of lore, was an incredible fun raid people did enjoy very much.

Maybe you meant the first raids at release were not the best? i agree with that one.
    Throne of Thunder was the best raid of the expansion for sure, but It's probably not in my top 5 personally. same with SoO, it was good, but there was better before and after it. Aside from specifically raid content, everything else was sup-par though. It was before dungeons were given endgame meaning, the outdoor content was.... just bad... The golden lotus dailies gave me nightmares, then they came up with timeless isle, which is easily one of the biggest mistakes they've ever made, because it's one thats been repeated ever since in some form. Many people liked timeless isle, but I see it for what it is - Minimal workload, maximum playability. I hated it, it just felt cheap and meaningless tbh.

Aside from most of the content being bad, in my own opinion, I still enjoyed the expansion as a whole, which is more my point. Class design was better tham ever and it made up for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    We don't know if population dropped in BfA, doesn't seem so. Blizzard stopped reporting somewhere around WoD so we don't even know that as well.
    It's been heavily implied that the population has increased over the course of BFA, and pretty much stated that subs doubled after classic launch. We are certainly allot higher in sub numbers than people around here claim IMO. All the data collected by players put the game at about 2M users during legion, but that's exluding Asia, which has for a very long time been the most populated region for WoW. Alleged increases + classic launch, we've gotta be up in the higher millions (7-9) again IMO.

I see the claim that it's below 1M subs thrown around, and frankly, given Blizzards current moral compass issues, we'd know if it was, because the shop would implode and start selling Mythic raid gear or something.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2020-02-22 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    We don't know if population dropped in BfA, doesn't seem so.
    Classic and BfA are separate products that share a common sub. I think it's clear that without Classic, subs would have cratered massively. They may still do so now that Classic has begun declining.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"