Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    What does spawn protection mean?
    For like 5 seconds after spawn they receive 99% reduced damage, so can't be oneshot like they were previously.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah I'm sure Kotick personally mandated it so just to fuck with people.
    To be frank it's quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    To be frank it's quite possible.
    For the average MMOC IQ that is the only logical answer they accept while donning their tinfoil pajamas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    For the average MMOC IQ that is the only logical answer they accept while donning their tinfoil pajamas.
    We need to quick ask CDPR to come grant us the mounts, they can definitely do it!

Sure it was just an issue... more like making the mount deliberately not drop to fuck with people.

Despicable company.

The number of people in this thread who seem to understand ~exactly~ how drop rates work internally is suspiciously high. I guess all those people Blizzard fired last year now post professionally on MMO-C!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I feel that Blizz is holding with some good changes only to use this card to neutralize random fuck ups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only was it possible to just not ever drop a mount, but sometimes it would drop one but since it's one of those fights that hard swaps to a new phase/zone once you win (aka like N'zoth) people can crash/bug and not get ported to that new zone thus bugging their chest and punting all the loot in their chest into their mailbox. This means if you got the mount it was soulbound and not tradable at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I've reported Blizzard to my local police office for stealing my ride.
    They said they would look into it with the highest priority.
    Since I was able to pin point a suspect "Bobby Kotick", they'll be able to send him an arrest warrant personally.
    You did god's work.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

'the loot system is not used to being changed for the improvement of player experience'

They should put that spawn protection on all of them, lasting a minute, tbh.

Better yet, give all "Rares" a short respawn timer... they already got their daily/weekly lock out... no need to add waiting for them to spawn on top of that.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-02-17 at 05:28 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They should make spawn protection standard on every mob that drops collectibles.

Screw their lazy ass customer service

10+ Year Old Account
    whats spawn protection ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    It is not secret that many people from Customer Support were fired.
    Do you have any other explanation why would it be such huge problem to award mounts to some people?
    Of course people were fired, but it doesn’t mean they’re down to like 5 people running customer service. They’re not going to randomly hand out a mount for every single time that boss is defeated - that’s just wasting resources unnecessarily, despite what numbers of people they have employed.

Quote Originally Posted by Imag3x View Post
    It's literally set in a simple database bound to a condition. This is really simple.
    It's actually not that simple, the number is also bound to the number of people in the group. In groups less than 20 you actually have a chance for no mount to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Of course people were fired, but it doesn’t mean they’re down to like 5 people running customer service.
    Where did i say that there are 5 people left?

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    They’re not going to randomly hand out a mount for every single time that boss is defeated - that’s just wasting resources unnecessarily, despite what numbers of people they have employed.
    According to you the thing not working properly that was annouced in BLUE POST is 'waste of resources'? Are you kidding right now?
    They did not test this probably even single time.
    Why are they here then if not for helping players?

Quote Originally Posted by Myranda01 View Post
    nice about the spawn protection but when will they spawn protect stupid huolon? 7 people camping all the time and usually one shithead not in any group tags & insta kills it.
    It's stupid, but this is why it's 100% needed to get rustfeather mount this expansion because it'll be the same as houlon if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Where did i say that there are 5 people left?

According to you the thing not working properly that was annouced in BLUE POST is 'waste of resources'? Are you kidding right now?
    They did not test this probably even single time.
    Why are they here then if not for helping players?
    Seeing as you were making out like they basically had no staff left. But yes, it would be a waste of resources. Having a ticket raised every single time just because it won’t drop an extra mount? Girl bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    Sure it was just an issue... more like making the mount deliberately not drop to fuck with people.

Despicable company.
    This might be one of the funniest things I've ever read.

15+ Year Old Account
    why did they change it to make her drop 2 mounts anyway? Whats the reasoning? They;ve never done it with any other boss...