10+ Year Old Account

very new to pet battling, looking for fewest pets I can level for legion WQs

I've so far mostly relied on level 1s for BFA WQs and have otherwise used the purple training stones on a handful of pets -- ones gotten for having a level 3 garrison on a number of alts. I just did my first 3 legion WQs and got pretty lucky managing to do them with 3 of my only 9 level 25s - boneshard, ikky and lil bling - that were recommended for strategies I struggled with otherwise but I don't imagine that luck will hold out long.

I see that people have crafted strategies to even knock out the world quests with every pet type so I'm wondering if there's a strategy to knock them all out with as few pets as possible. any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

edit: so in my experience the favored pets tend to involve a combination of DoT and debuff, lil bling's inflation + make it rain, flock or hunting party and black claw. is anyone perhaps aware of these sorts of combinations for each pet type?
    Last edited by terminaltrip421; 2020-02-17 at 12:45 PM.

Your best bet would be looking at the 1-family strategies you mentioned.

Combos such as black claw + hunting party / flock aren't present in many families, that's why 1-family-only achievements provide some additional challenge. Some famillies tend to feel more impaired than others, like the water family for example. Going through those strategies on a site such as https://wow-petguide.com/index.php?Strategy=3621 should give you the idea about which pets are considered the most useful for all families.

Also, you will probably find 1 or 2-pet strategies for most WQs on that site, as well as on wowhead, so that will allow you to train something else in the remaining slot. Regular pet battle WQs are not that hard so people try to squeeze in a lower level pet for some additional xp.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    For the broken shore pet battle wqs I used these to level other pets for exactly that purpose:
    Viciosa: Unborn-Valk+Mech-Dragonling
    Sissix: Direbeak+Iron-Star
    Mystic: Mech-Dragonling+any water pet/explode pet like darkmoon zepp

leveling pet needs +400hp on viciosa and sissix - see Xufu's for strats on where to insert them

e: When darkmoon is up you can level pets on the two dailies, just need enchanted broom aside from the ones I already mentioned.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2020-02-17 at 06:10 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Your best bet would be looking at the 1-family strategies you mentioned.

Combos such as black claw + hunting party / flock aren't present in many families, that's why 1-family-only achievements provide some additional challenge. Some famillies tend to feel more impaired than others, like the water family for example. Going through those strategies on a site such as https://wow-petguide.com/index.php?Strategy=3621 should give you the idea about which pets are considered the most useful for all families.

Also, you will probably find 1 or 2-pet strategies for most WQs on that site, as well as on wowhead, so that will allow you to train something else in the remaining slot. Regular pet battle WQs are not that hard so people try to squeeze in a lower level pet for some additional xp.
    on Xu-fu's site which Azerate metioned theres a Most Used Pets subpage which should help you

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks guys. I had checked out wow-petguides but it felt a little rough around the edges and the fact that it largely had just a single team mentioned for the fights didn't work as well for me as wowhead with its myriad of strategies provided by commentors as I really don't want to spend too much time trying for rare drops.

the mystic broken shore guide was up and granting charms and charms are one of my two main goals with the legion Wqs along with the 30 battle achievement. since I was doing him for charms anyway it quicte worked out the mech dragon+explode and managed to get a few pets leveled.

that most used pets is precisely what I was looking for, or at least the next best thing to a 3 pet team I can knock out all the WQs with, thank you ...so if I have a free slot for example I'll know what pets to focus on first.

thanks again guys.
    Last edited by terminaltrip421; 2020-02-18 at 01:18 PM.