Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    “Buy 6 months and get a free mount!” Every time a new raid comes out and they need people to come back. And they’ve been selling mounts like hotcakes in Bfa

Selling the 6 month bribery mounts is the equivalent of desperation marketing
    "Desperation marketing" by selling a product that people buy. Is McDonald's desperation marketing when they sell Big Macs and Quarter Pounders two for $5? You guys will do and say anything to manipulate standard business practices into some kind of negative narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    He’s not wrong. There’s nothing prestigious about random drops from easy content.

My pally got a Baron binding back in vanilla because we had so many of those and only ever got one Garr binding (meanwhile we managed to get 2 Eyes).

I eventually finished my Pally’s TF back in Wrath, but to this day my warrior is still farming that right half (kind of irrelevant now that I can mog it anyway). The point is that it’s just dumb RNG luck. If it makes you feel special so be it, but I guarantee you that most veteran players are not at all impressed by Classic gear. It’s just kinda fun to relive some of the nostalgia.
    Strange, every person I’ve ever seen in wow classic has drooled over my ironfoe. I’ve been told I’m a wow classic god at least 10x over it. It has prestige even if it is rng.

But my point wasn’t even to pat my back, my point was calling out his lies. He said he gave his first binding to a hpally, then to a mage and the legendary hammer to a shaman. Let all that sink in. So many errors in his trolling he can’t even keep up

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    That's not true. BWL is comparable in difficulty to Mythic Nyalotha and considering how many guilds already cleared the only logical conclusion is that all the best guilds quit retail and moved over to Classic when that came out.
    BWL was cleared in what, under 45 minutes from when it became available? Mythic Ny'alotha took about a week and a half of near constant progression, even with the benefit of wack corruption traits. Even on reclear Mythic Ny'alotha would take considerably more than BWL, as the mechanics are much more complicated, such that you can't steamroll it by just knowing the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Shards self-collapse dynamically to keep visible population high. And concentration of players do happen on retail, it can give an idea of a max shard size.
    Unfortunately it seems it's not a common event.
    Note that because there are less people in the world does not mean it's less popular as you can play a large percentage of your time in instances, so I won't say that you are necessarily wrong.
    I've heard/seen the argument that Org/SW is packed in classic, but on retail they feel dead. As you started to point out, however, that's not wholly indicative. People like to forget that there is a much larger world in retail than classic, and thus the players are much more spread out. There's considerably more to do with your time in retail that can displace you from sitting in Org/SW.

You could be farming mounts, pets, toys, xmog. You could be working on loremaster, you could be grinding rep, an old legendary. You might find yourself working on achievements or doing something like the Chromie event. You also have the LFG tool in Retail, further removing the need to be in Org/Sw for the purposes of finding groups, so you can look for a pug raid while you're farming your chocobo food in Uldum or farming Zin'anthid in Naz.

As someone previously mentioned, look at the Battle for Naz. Once it pops up, the entire zone becomes a laaaaaag feste. I'm talking your actions taking 5+ seconds to respond. I had a CTA go from 0 to 10 in an instant because of how long it took for things to process. Retail gives very few reasons to demand concentration of players in a singular area at one specific time, and due to sharding it, it could rarely happen anyway.

And yet, you can’t clear bwl. Funny how that works

Unlike you, I’m not afraid to link my character to someone in this thread and they can point and laugh at you.

You, however, have shown yourself to be a juvenile little troll and would do nothing but post forum trash and harass my toon

I’m also not the one lying about gear, pallies and shamans in the same raid, and generally just being caught in lie after lie

Why don’t we make a wager, we each link our character to a neutral party in this chat. Whoever’s lying deletes their Mmorpg account and never returns

Put up or shut up kid
    then link it. if your not afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

Strange, every person I’ve ever seen in wow classic has drooled over my ironfoe. I’ve been told I’m a wow classic god at least 10x over it. It has prestige even if it is rng.

But my point wasn’t even to pat my back, my point was calling out his lies. He said he gave his first binding to a hpally, then to a mage and the legendary hammer to a shaman. Let all that sink in. So many errors in his trolling he can’t even keep up
    more like laughed at you thinking anything in classic is worth a damn. its like being proud of your habbo hotel account.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    "Desperation marketing" by selling a product that people buy. Is McDonald's desperation marketing when they sell Big Macs and Quarter Pounders two for $5? You guys will do and say anything to manipulate standard business practices into some kind of negative narrative.
    Go back a few posts and you’ll see I called it smart business.

I was just responding to someone saying retail NeVEr does those discounts for subs and it’s clear they do

I wasn’t even bashing it, I was correcting someone speaking lies

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    then link it. if your not afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

more like laughed at you thinking anything in classic is worth a damn. its like being proud of your habbo hotel account.
    I said I’d link to a neutral person in this thread, not to you unless you want to put up too

You’ve shown yourself to be a troll and I won’t open the window for you to troll and harass me in game

However, I’m happy to link it to someone else here who can confirm. Just not your immature ass, and if classic gear is worthless... then what does that make retail season gear? Beyond worthless? A complete waste of time?

Classic gear has significantly more value than retails, sorry.

Strictly by numbers I think retail still has more. That being said its probably closer than it has a right to be. Its only been a few weeks into the patch and the M+/raid population is already pretty anemic. Compare it to the Antorus patch in Legion I doubt its even half of what it was...probably closer to a quarter or less. And considering we have like 9 more months of this shit then yeah, it doesn't look good. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the ZG/AQ patch pushed classic population over retail until shadowlands.

Im with you on that, brother!

I was just responding to someone saying retail NeVEr does those discounts for subs and it’s clear they do

Regardless, it isn't desperation marketing or bribery. People bought 6 month subs when the only incentive was saving a few bucks off the monthly sub. They'll continue to buy them in the future when there isn't any mount attached to it. It's just a separate incentive to give people who may normally only pay for a monthly subscription to move over to a six month subscription. If you're stupid enough to buy a 6 month subscription without asking yourself first if you'd actually like to be subscribed for the service that long, it's not Blizzard's fault. It's yours.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    You dont think having an iconic and powerful item, that will last you a long time, to be prestigious? I mean, its literally the definition: reputation or influence arising from success, achievement, rank, or other favorable attributes.

100%
    so you do like titanforging! wow man.

and nah i dont think getting randomly lucky is prestigious, my friend got his first try at level 57 just randomly running it for quest completion.
    thats not prestigious, thats luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont think having an iconic and powerful item, that will last you a long time, to be prestigious? I mean, its literally the definition: reputation or influence arising from success, achievement, rank, or other favorable attributes.

100%
    Something they've done since before Classic even launched so it has absolutely 0 reason to be mentioned in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

and nah i dont think getting randomly lucky is prestigious, my friend got his first try at level 57 just randomly running it for quest completion.
    Having it is prestigious. Having a ferrari is prestigious, even if its gifted to you. The manner in which one is obtained is irrelevant, if its rare and sought after.

Wrong comparison. A real comparison is finding a legendary in a 5 man that NEVER gets outdated by seasonal bs

Imagine having to farm m+ ironfoe every season. Haha nope

The gear in retail is too diablo 3. Too much variations of the same gear. Which cheapens ALL of it

Imho, the game is better with clear bis, no random forges, and haves and have nots.

When everyone is comparably geared, nobody is geared. No gear is special when there’s 10 different versions of it that everyone gets a piece of, and it’s replaced every 3 months
    I imagine this boils down to simply a different strokes for different strokes kind of thing. Some people prefer the retail style of loot while some prefer the classic style. It was a regular discussion before Classic was even announced. You not liking retail's style of doesn't make it wrong, it makes it wrong for you. Likewise, someone not liking how classic (or old school wow in general) handles loot doesn't make it wrong, just wrong for them.

Im with you on that, brother!
    Why don’t you be the judge if I have ironfoe or not to shut that troll up? I almost linked to him but he’s shown himself as the worst type of troll and the maturity of a middle schooler

I’d rather not subject myself to his in game harassment since he’s definitely the type, but I’d be happy to link to you or anyone not him

- - - Updated - - -

I said I’d link to a neutral person in this thread, not to you unless you want to put up too

You’ve shown yourself to be a troll and I won’t open the window for you to troll and harass me in game

However, I’m happy to link it to someone else here who can confirm. Just not your immature ass, and if classic gear is worthless... then what does that make retail season gear? Beyond worthless? A complete waste of time?

Classic gear has significantly more value than retails, sorry.
    come on dude if im lieing you have nothing to worry about, how can i possibly gank or troll you if i as you say don't play classic. come on just post your char i tots wanna see that ironfoe surly you want to brag about getting that shitty hammer from a 5man and how that makes you 1337 or w/e

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Titanforging isn’t a valid comparison because you could always keep hunting that higher TF. And you’d have to do it all again next season. And the next, and the next... and titanforging exists means that there’s already multiple versions of Saïd item which immediately devalues the item when there’s multiple different versions and ranks of it

Having it is prestigious. Having a ferrari is prestigious, even if its gifted to you. The manner in which one is obtained is irrelevant, if its rare and sought after.
    depends wow classic isn't a car, its a kinda niche game in a niche genera in a niche of that so its like having some weird rare action figure but you got lucky and found it in an attic. theres probably some randos who might find that prestigious but to most people its just kinda sad some one would place value on junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    come on dude if im lieing you have nothing to worry about, how can i possibly gank or troll you if i as you say don't play classic. come on just post your char i tots wanna see that ironfoe surly you want to brag about getting that shitty hammer from a 5man and how that makes you 1337 or w/e
    I already sent proof to another poster here who will back me up. You’re just a troll and I’m done with you. Begone troll, or you can man up and link your toon but we both know that it isn’t going to happen because you can’t back up your lies

I already sent proof to another poster here who will back me up. You’re just a troll and I’m done with you. Begone troll, or you can man up and link your toon but we both know that it isn’t going to happen because you can’t back up your lies
    so your afraid then. dont you have ironfoe? surly you could beat me.

No, that’s not how prestige works. Rarity depends on the item, prestige depends on perception. If it’s something rare but no one gives a shit that you have it then there’s no prestige to be had.

Seeing people with a full set of T3 in vanilla was prestigious. I was in awe of the BAMF's wearing that, or the like 1 person I saw with Atiesh on my server. Prior to that, nothing else ever made much of an impression on me, besides High Warlord I guess. That's just me though. It's impacts people differently.