Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Why anime? Make it same quality as the D4 cinematic. Sure, it will take longer to finish and cost more, but everyone would watch it and create super hype for D4.
    You do realize that it takes couple of months to render 10 minutes of such high quality cinematics and the cost is enourmous. I can see a movie being created in that way, that's like total of 90-100 minutes which is doable in couple of years but if you want 30-40 minutes long episodes with multiple seasons and one season would have like 10 episodes, that's just unrealistic in current year. There's no way such series would be profitable cost/time wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Build of the month is fucking awful, holy shit.
    Pippy and Dolphin -
    1: Puppy and Dolphin do mix and match. There's nothing stopping you from using a 2600x in an X470 or a 2700x in a b450.
    2: 8gb of RAM for Puppy and Dolphin? 16gb is really the minimum, especially when you aren't even getting good RAM.
    3: A 1060 for Puppy and Dolphin? A 580 or 1660/1660 super is just better and/or cheaper
    4: No SSD? In 2020? I hope you're joking.

Narwhal -
    1: The Phanteks P400A is currently cheaper and way better than the H510
    2: On the subject of cases, the H510 doesn't support an internal DVD drive
    3: A 9600k? No. The 3600 is just better in every way while being cheaper.
    4: PSU is bad. Not "blow up" bad, but overpriced for what you get. You can get a fully modular Corsair RM650x or SeaSonic Focus+ Gold 650W for around the same and they're just better.
    5: You could at least link to one of the 2060's that cost 300 instead of 360 dollars.. There's no point getting the 360 ones at all.
    6: Samsung is just so overly expensive it's kinda pointless

Unicorn:
    1: The Phanteks P400A is currently cheaper and way better than the Define R6.. So much cheaper and so much better. Though you lose out on the DvD drive, but that didn't stop you in Narwhal..
    2: A 9600k? No. The 3600 is just better in every way while being cheaper. Again.
    3: Again, link to a 300 dollar 2060, or maybe a 2060 super. The 2070 is awful, and you shouldn't buy one. Hell, if you really want 2070 performance, get a 5700xt for cheaper.
    4: Samsung PRO drive? HOLY FUCK NO. Not only are you paying the Samsung tax, you're paying the pro tax on top of it. It's LITERALLY 2 and a half times more expensive than the MX500. Do not buy the Samsung pro drives.

Fucking anime? Great! Bad enough Witcher is going this way. Thankfully, I am not interested in the Diablo world but I would be furious if it happened for Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Amazon trying to get rid of Ryzen 2700X and i5-9600K stocks that nobody's buying? Why the hell would you recommend these? Or a DVD-RW for a budget build in 2020?
    Some terrible component choices all around... like low tier list motherboards.
    Yeah it's amazing how bad the build of the month is this time.. Like for instance not having components that released in the last year

Diablo? YAY!
    OW? NAY!

I love Overwatch gameplay, but I think the universe is just too much of a mix of different things to be a basis for an immersive viewer experience, and I don't think the characters are very interesting beyond the stereotype they're representing. I like the shorts, but they don't really bind the characters together, and their interactions don't really make much sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to do a WoW series not in anime. I love Diablo but Warcraft is better for story time to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyana View Post
    They need to do a WoW series not in anime. I love Diablo but Warcraft is better for story time to me.
    i would probably kill for a animated series or a movie i guess, in the style of the wow intro cinematics. But that would probably cost as much as avengers endgame or more to create

I look forward to these shows.

When it comes to PC. I really do need an upgrade of mine. I cannot maintain 144fps in overwatch with medium graphics. Especially if I do something on the 2nd monitor at the same time. It's a CPU issue, and I have done some overclocking that improved the situation, but I still want a better one.

Is right now a good time to buy a CPU+RAM+Motherboard upgrade? If not, when?
    Also, can I buy AMD CPU and still have Intel GPU?

My current thought process is to wait for Intel Comet Lake CPU that will release Q1 I guess. I don't trust AMD.
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2020-02-18 at 11:45 AM.

I watched Castlevania because Warren Ellis wrote it. They're going to have get someone of that caliber before I take a second glance.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I look forward to these shows.

When it comes to PC. I really do need an upgrade of mine. I cannot maintain 144fps in overwatch with medium graphics. Especially if I do something on the 2nd monitor at the same time. It's a CPU issue, and I have done some overclocking that improved the situation, but I still want a better one.

Is right now a good time to buy a CPU+RAM+Motherboard upgrade? If not, when?
    Also, can I buy AMD CPU and still have Intel GPU?

My current thought process is to wait for Intel Comet Lake CPU that will release Q1 I guess. I don't trust AMD.
    Intel is shit atm. Its expensive and bad. AMD is the smart choice. what Intel gpu are u talking about btw?

Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    You do realize that it takes couple of months to render 10 minutes of such high quality cinematics and the cost is enourmous. I can see a movie being created in that way, that's like total of 90-100 minutes which is doable in couple of years but if you want 30-40 minutes long episodes with multiple seasons and one season would have like 10 episodes, that's just unrealistic in current year. There's no way such series would be profitable cost/time wise.
    You really think 6 seasons of clone wars were that profitable?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    How about investing all that money in to the actual products they have, like you know, the games?
    It's a completely different budget than the games, they have been talking about the TV studio since they started it, and it's not going to impact game development. I was wondering a while ago when something would actually come out of that project, or if it has been cancelled.
    You are aware that Blizzard is profitable, despite the layoffs, and that they do more than just WoW? I'm not aware that the WoW team is underfunded, just that they're making poor design decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    And what about the monitors, for instance the Unicorn a 60hz dell? Why not go directly for a LGgl850 144hz?

Pippy and Dolphin -
    1: Puppy and Dolphin do mix and match. There's nothing stopping you from using a 2600x in an X470 or a 2700x in a b450.
    2: 8gb of RAM for Puppy and Dolphin? 16gb is really the minimum, especially when you aren't even getting good RAM.
    3: A 1060 for Puppy and Dolphin? A 580 or 1660/1660 super is just better and/or cheaper

Narwhal -
    4: PSU is bad. Not "blow up" bad, but overpriced for what you get. You can get a fully modular Corsair RM650x or SeaSonic Focus+ Gold 650W for around the same and they're just better.
    5: You could at least link to one of the 2060's that cost 300 instead of 360 dollars.. There's no point getting the 360 ones at all.

Unicorn:
    1: The Phanteks P400A is currently cheaper and way better than the Define R6.. So much cheaper and so much better. Though you lose out on the DvD drive, but that didn't stop you in Narwhal..
    2: A 9600k? No. The 3600 is just better in every way while being cheaper. Again.
    3: Again, link to a 300 dollar 2060, or maybe a 2060 super. The 2070 is awful, and you shouldn't buy one. Hell, if you really want 2070 performance, get a 5700xt for cheaper.
    4: Samsung PRO drive? HOLY FUCK NO. Not only are you paying the Samsung tax, you're paying the pro tax on top of it. It's LITERALLY 2 and a half times more expensive than the MX500. Do not buy the Samsung pro drives.
    The GPU and SSD choices for the lower cost builds seemed odd. I saw the post was excited since I have been going back and forth on getting a new computer. I am pretty sure once my income tax refund hits I am buying something. Took a look at this stuff and realized I need to find a new place to look to figure out what I want.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

holy moly the build of the month is so bad...

These builds need to be taken off or edited asap, if even one person buys things based of this, is one person to much! I do not know who made these builds but it does not seem like he or she knows much about performance per dollar and or what is the better choice these days.

Pippy and Dolphin -

Narwhal -

Unicorn:
    100% all of this....i5's? lol hilarious the only place Intel wins in is with the i9 lately lol

Add me to the list of people that think those builds of the month are a disaster. Looking at PC Partpicker the only 1060s for sale in Canada are 700 and 1800 dollars. Not sure what the price points for the builds are supposed to be, but we can do better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats with the huge amount of boomers in this thread bashing anime, haha so hillarious.

Should make a warcraft 3: refunded animated series lmao.