Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Yes, it really is disgusting how we're forced to play as a gooey blue blob and miss how perfectly textured and detailed our characters look during combat. I want to be able to admire my amazing new class set which makes me unmistakably distinguishable within the people stacking on top of me, all our combined flashy spell effects and whatever purple/red/blue goo the rest of my screen is covered in. This must be made a top priority at once or Shadowlands has already failed!!!!111

Here's a though: First person camera PoV

Or, it may sound crazy, as a last resort you could make an uncorrupted set to wear and keep drooling over yourself while you wait in your LFR queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    The corruption effect doesn't even look interesting. It's just blotches.

Yeah yeah "you'de duppoded do dook doddupted". There are artsier and fancier ways to do it instead of "yeah, let's just paint characters purpley blackey". Right now characters don't look "corrupted". They look like they did a terrible job painting the shed.
    I mean, what more could they honestly do?

It's unrealistic to expect fancier for something that's only going to last a patch and would require compatibility with all the playable races and all the possible gear combos they can be wearing for transmogs. It would be far too much work for little payoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    This doesn't really work though. Corruption is way, way too powerful to just "Remove if you don't like it." Aesthetics are one of the most important relations players have to their character. Sure, there's plenty of players that don't care what their character looks like, but I am ready to bet that most people want their character to look the way they want, that's why Transmog exists, that's why you have options for appearance when you make your character.

The corruption effect you gain from items sticks out like a sore thumb in my opinion. They do not adhere to the theme they origin from, they do not look good, they do not add much to your character. It's corruption, why would corruption light up like a reverse Christmas tree on your body? Especially corruption brought forward by the "Schemer" of the old gods? Ways to turn it off, or the effect itself being more subtle is not a lot to ask for.

Yeah imo i agree, esp if you take looks seriously or on a rp server where you can chillax in the downtime of ques and trade chat. Randomly having your mogs ruined by flashy lights is terrible and it's really not even that visible imo when in the heat of battle to have people turn black as night and unidentifiable. Sure. you can see how much corruption theyr'e wearing, but it doesn't tell you jack if they rolled like infinite stars or +12% avoidance from all sources or "whenever you take (800k damage one shots) from a dungeon, gain 562 armor affixes and summon three things from beyond to kill you" afffixes, what's the point?

It'd be better imo if the effects were detached or limited to like the feet or a floating round aura cloud around your feet while in content/parties, that way it could still be easily identifable and easy to see but not so obnoxiously dominating. Or like a pickable buff/debuff to just make it not show.

Ye im not a fan of the purple puke effect.

Outside of pvp it should be possible to hide the visual corruption effects.
    BfA = second worst product ever made by Blizzard.
    War3 Reforged took the title for worst product.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcifur View Post
    Its so healers know who in raids will be sucking down heals like a fat kid at a cake buffet
    Yeah I don’t heal people that can’t handle their own Corruption. Not prio healing someone that can’t dodge Thing From Beyond.
    ACQUITTED

Quote Originally Posted by Vinushka View Post
    It looks like a fucking graphic glitch straight out of PS2-era. I hate it.
    Thank god for that one mechagon-shirt -.-
    What shirt? Is there a shirt that hides the effects?

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I hope more people will rise up so that blizzard add an option to hide disgusting blue stuff without you having to remove the traits from the gear, otherwise I just keep uninstalling every damn trait I get on corrupted gear. Corruption resistance is only enough to hide one lesser trait, that's all.
    I would absolutely love to see your logs
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

You have to get to neck level 100 in order to hide the corruption effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, what more could they honestly do?

It's unrealistic to expect fancier for something that's only going to last a patch and would require compatibility with all the playable races and all the possible gear combos they can be wearing for transmogs. It would be far too much work for little payoff.
    Well, there is plenty of more interesting/less annoying things they could have done without spending much time on it. Some ideas from the top of my head:
    - make your eyes glow purple (dk effect) on X corruption
    - add voice filter (dk-esque effect) on Y corruption
    - make your shadow purple or just darker, or make you not cast shadow at all on Z corruption
    - make your weapon glow with purple/shadow light (instead of whole body) on XY corruption

Either way making the visuals optional should have been a thing from day 1 of this patch to be frank.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Well, there is plenty of more interesting/less annoying things they could have done without spending much time on it. Some ideas from the top of my head:
    - make your eyes glow purple (dk effect) on X corruption
    - add voice filter (dk-esque effect) on Y corruption
    - make your shadow purple or just darker, or make you not cast shadow at all on Z corruption
    - make your weapon glow with purple/shadow light (instead of whole body) on XY corruption

Either way making the visuals optional should have been a thing from day 1 of this patch to be frank.
    Much of this doesn't make sense though.

Glowing eyes would just clash with already pre-existing glows like DH/DK.
    Voice filters aren't visual indicators.
    Again, too subtle to notice (and why wouldn't someone cast a shadow? That's just awkward).
    And the last one is still something that clashes with transmog.

I think people are missing that currently the way it works is just an indicator if someone's running with too much corruption by looking at them. Now before you even start anything, you can see if your healer/dps/tank is just glowing red and tell them to lower their corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    What shirt? Is there a shirt that hides the effects?
    its this one
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=169878/...ated-undercoat

it overwrites the corruption effect but gives you a slightly green glow
    2005-2009 Ragnarok Online | 2009-2020 WoW | 2019-???? FF XIV
    2016-???? Overwatch

you can hide all corruption appearances if you wear the irradiated undercoat from mechagon as your shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

The solution is to continue your cloak upgrades

The awful appearance change on your character is one of several reasons I will never go above 0 post-resistance corruption. Thankfully I play a healer so it doesn't really matter.

Having a choice to turn off the visual effect is a no-brainer, it does not affect the people that don't care about their appearance and it gives other players a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I hope more people will rise up so that blizzard add an option to hide disgusting blue stuff without you having to remove the traits from the gear, otherwise I just keep uninstalling every damn trait I get on corrupted gear. Corruption resistance is only enough to hide one lesser trait, that's all.
    Yes, please.

Actually I've found that Coven toy removes those effects. But it's probably a bug and I'd prefer a better way.

Corruption efffect is only visible past 40. Stop overstacking corruption to get some more dps and you wont see it. Simple

Quote Originally Posted by DylxnRxdwxxd View Post
    we'll all still be running 40-80 corruption and be way ahead of you yet again.
    I never run higher than 39 corruption, whats the benefit of having an add chasing you down hitting you for 30% of your hp every odd second?

Seems like it would create issues in raids and high keys if people run with too high corruption getting gobsmacked by TFB on top of mechanics.

I dig it, they tried something new, maybe they're testing parts for later. Would be nice to hide the corruption though, maybe its to show hey im mega purple if i start randomly running its cause an eye is trying to murder me

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Corruption efffect is only visible past 40. Stop overstacking corruption to get some more dps and you wont see it. Simple
    I got 15. Still see it.

Imagine wearing so little corruption that you glow blue instead of red