Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Unhappy Allow for players to hide absolutely disgusting corruption effects on your character.

I hope more people will rise up so that blizzard add an option to hide disgusting blue stuff without you having to remove the traits from the gear, otherwise I just keep uninstalling every damn trait I get on corrupted gear. Corruption resistance is only enough to hide one lesser trait, that's all.

It's somehow bugged I think. I was in a M+ with some guildies and they were all blue. 3 of them were below 20 and still as blue as the one at 60. I was at 25 and was showing no corruption signs at all. I do get blue if I put more on, but I don't know what's up. I think you're probably not supposed to show any signs unless you're at above 40.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I hope more people will rise up so that blizzard add an option to hide disgusting blue stuff without you having to remove the traits from the gear, otherwise I just keep uninstalling every damn trait I get on corrupted gear. Corruption resistance is only enough to hide one lesser trait, that's all.
    Well this is the whiniest thing Ive seen on here in awhile. Get over it. Its the point of the corruption.

don't use it if you don't like it

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    don't use it if you don't like it
    This doesn't really work though. Corruption is way, way too powerful to just "Remove if you don't like it." Aesthetics are one of the most important relations players have to their character. Sure, there's plenty of players that don't care what their character looks like, but I am ready to bet that most people want their character to look the way they want, that's why Transmog exists, that's why you have options for appearance when you make your character.

The corruption effect you gain from items sticks out like a sore thumb in my opinion. They do not adhere to the theme they origin from, they do not look good, they do not add much to your character. It's corruption, why would corruption light up like a reverse Christmas tree on your body? Especially corruption brought forward by the "Schemer" of the old gods? Ways to turn it off, or the effect itself being more subtle is not a lot to ask for.

Sounds like you should be playing runway designer instead of wow

Off you go now. Take the whining with you when you leave
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Today on: Somebody will complain about anything about World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Solution: Roll SPriest and glow red instead
    Sure that's corruption? I just removed the cloak on my priest, with 65 corruption I'm still glowing blue. Without shadowform, blue. With Glyph of Shadows in shadowform, blue. Sure you don't have other stuff making you red? Or is it with higher corruption?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you play the game or stare at your character's ass 24/7 while online?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    It's somehow bugged I think. I was in a M+ with some guildies and they were all blue. 3 of them were below 20 and still as blue as the one at 60. I was at 25 and was showing no corruption signs at all. I do get blue if I put more on, but I don't know what's up. I think you're probably not supposed to show any signs unless you're at above 40.
    Yeah its probably bugged or we dont really understand how it works yet. Ive been at 39 with no visual effects, and at ~20 with a slight effect. Maybe cloak level has something to do with it.

In any case, I understand it may be jarring for some people, but if the effects disappear the more corruption protection you get, it's not so bad. It's a small portion of time in a particular patch in a particular expansion in over 15 years of game. You can live through it, no matter how nitpicky you are about your character's appearance.

So the "power gain to pain in the ass" ratio also carrys into the visual aspect.

Works as intended?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    snip because of large picture
    THAT actually looks AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Sure that's corruption? I just removed the cloak on my priest, with 65 corruption I'm still glowing blue. Without shadowform, blue. With Glyph of Shadows in shadowform, blue. Sure you don't have other stuff making you red? Or is it with higher corruption?
    It only seems to work if you equip 80+ Corruption while you're in Shadow form. If you drop Shadow form then go back, you'll be blue.

Note: I don't glyph Shadow form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it looks disgusting and ruins all of my mogs. I hate it. I was surprised to see it was a permanent effect, seems a bit weird for a game that focuses so much on cosmetics.

Currently I'm not that miffed about it, but since we aren't even 2 months into this almos year long snoozefest I feel like it will piss me off more and more as time progresses.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    THAT actually looks AWESOME!
    Too bad he wont be seeing it alot, since he prolly wont survive long with 80+ corruption haha.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Glyph of stars hides it for boomkin.

It's a bit naff except for like evil void chars to be covered in purple splooge I'll admit. The item is corrupted not the Player but w/e

It goes red if u push it high enough FYI if any one didn't know.

No.

/10 chars

5+ Year Old Account
    It should be either:

A colored outline around your character

or

A complete saturation of your character much like how one looks when low on sanity in visions.

This weird ass pulsating partial coverage is just aesthetically ugly, its not designed well for what its supposed to represent.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.