Thread: The List

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The List

Hey, I am making this post because I want to write down all the things that I find absurd* aren't already implemented -not only regarding BFA but even things that were asked during TBC and yet nope, I want also to update this list with your feedback guys.

* With absurd I mean things that are making yourself asking if Devs have some level of autism, and not the one that makes you a genius.

Let's try to keep it clean and civil ( ye I know the autism line.. ) so don't derail the thread in the usual MMO C fiesta.

• Essence Account Wide [At least Rank1, 18/02/2020 new players still need outdated raids and outdated rep for some essence]
    • A better LFG UI ( there are add-ons written better )
    • Exalted Rep Account Wide or MoP Catch-Up Mechanic for Alts or Just Wrath Tabard [ Currently Reps are an outdated system compared to Vanilla-TBC-Wrath]
    • Hunter Stable Management UI like Pet Battle one [ as a main Hunter, I find absurd that at least POST MoP Blizzard didn't made an Hunter version of the Pet Battle UI ]
    • Better "Search" in the AH [ Why I can't search for Socket Only or Speed gear? Or as for 8.3 corrupted items? Why I can search on the AH a 450 with Echoing Void? Why I need to scroll down every piece?
    • PvP and PvE Vendors ( an evergreen )
    • A better RNG system post WF and TF ( let's take Corruption System as an example, if we have a NPC that cleanse them why don't we have a NPC that makes corrupted gear to be re-rolled? Like the Enchanter on D3 where you could reroll some stats into another. We have Coalescing Essence as resource and people can try to roll the affix they won't without waiting for RNG )
    • Overhaul of some professions like JC and Inscription these are basically perma dead for the 90% of an xpac
    • Make a better use of Timewalking content ( instead of begin a once in a blue moon event just make TW available always by default and wage the idea of implement TW with Mythic Plus, with the obv limit like no BRDq )
    • Make possibile to trade non-trainer source recipe between account char ( there are some recipe that are no longer in game or maybe the recipe is rare but you still have it on a char BUT that char is maybe on another server or you want to remove a profession on your current char but you are not so happy to lose all these rare recipe and want to xfer them on another alt. For example I have the Naxx Plate Chest on a char on a dead server, I make a BoA recipe of it and send to my new BS char and learn it)
    • Precise Trinket/Procs Tooltips nobody wants the Ion Tooltips "this spell maybe do something sometime" people want to see the RPPM and that 2391 Crit Rating means xy%
    • Re-Introduce Flat Stat Trinkets and Class Trinkets ( it is not a secret that Blizzard cannot make decent trinkets that last for a tier only, cough cog cough coral. So why they don't try to add again the flat stats trinket like there were in WoD and maybe add also class specific trinkets? Just to try balance the trinkets in a better way)
    • Make a Skip Quest in every Raid I honestly don't see how hard is to make a skip quest to jump straight to the last 3-2 bosses in a raid after 4 or more weeks of doing HC or MYTH, it is even a downside for Blizzard regarding tokens because, I am using a personal example, if I am selling Jaina Mount, I need to CLEAR an entire OLD RAID just to have the bind, and this is already a huge NOPE for some guild, that dont want to waste time doing 1 year old bosses, and thus less "boost" and less "selling" so people that maybe are interested into buying these mount and are willing to buy wow tokens, will not do it.
    • Makes always an AOTC Mount and a Mythic Mount for the last boss in every Raid Azshara drops 2 pet that nobody give a damn about, while Jaina had a nice looking mount, Ghun no comment, was already a tedious fight plus not extra reward. Even if you are not a Mythic Raider, there are plenty of people that do HC just for the AOTC Mount, and this still can be linked to the Boosting point above.
    • Do Better Gold-Sink through Professions Make BS JC ENCH TAILORING LW and INSCRIP able to enchant our gear, for example lets take the previous iterations
      Shoulders Enchant - Inscription
      Back Enchant - Tailoring
      Chest - Enchanting
      Bracers - Enchanting
      Gloves - Enchanting
      Belt - BS Socket
      Legs - LW Enchant
      Boots - Enchanting
      Rings - Enchanting
    Last edited by Dioporco; 2020-02-19 at 11:15 PM.

Agree with all your points.

I especially miss a way to search for multiple searchterms at the same time when looking for grps in the grp finder. Or to sort for things like ilvl, group/raid size, tanks and so on.
    Im also still pissed that blizzard removed the function to copy paste searchwords into your grp finder. Now i have to type out the fucking name of the dung/raid/boss i wanna farm every damn time.

In a game with a dwindling population, i find it absolutely atrocious that we still have lag. Entire zones with delays up to an entire second...
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2020-02-18 at 12:37 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Account wide gold, ( on server)
    Something to make account wide mats or some sort of account wide bank (on server) , now that you can have more toons on one server

It's alright to make a list such as this one, but don't cheat yourself that you're doing anything else other than presenting your own opinion on some matters. I agree with some of those, and strictly disagree with some others, which is fine, as this is not in any way shape or form a definitive objective list of things that need to be added. Autism shaming isn't cool btw.

Good list. Highly doubt they'll do more than one of the things you listed though.

I already see a bunch of points that are very subjective and audience dependent.

For example: most players probably won't care about rppm on procs/trinkets and might even get alienated by it, would be a great compromise however if it could be shown with an extension key or option.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's alright to make a list such as this one, but don't cheat yourself that you're doing anything else other than presenting your own opinion on some matters. I agree with some of those, and strictly disagree with some others, which is fine, as this is not in any way shape or form a definitive objective list of things that need to be added. Autism shaming isn't cool btw.
    These points are not 100% my pov, some are suggestion I saw on other platform like Reddit or even these forums like the Per Stable

Other are just things that all players are asking like essence account wide*

*Sure somebody will say " I don't want them "

But everybody can see they are lying or trolling or even worse going on the opposite way just to have attention.
    Last edited by Dioporco; 2020-02-18 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    I already see a bunch of points that are very subjective and audience dependent.

For example: most players probably won't care about rppm on procs/trinkets and might even get alienated by it, would be a great compromise however if it could be shown with an extension key or option.
    Well even if we don't show the rppm, it is safe to assume that people will be fine to have tooltip like

" You have 30% chance on every attack to call down an Infinite Star..."

Rather than

" Just spam and pray for RNG ( even if class like DH have a better uptime than caster due to IS begin and hasted proc) "

All of these suggestions completely counteracts time played metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Well even if we don't show the rppm, it is safe to assume that people will be fine to have tooltip like

" You have 30% chance on every attack to call down an Infinite Star..."

Rather than

" Just spam and pray for RNG ( even if class like DH have a better uptime than caster due to IS begin and hasted proc) "
    That's just not accurate and or how procs work.
    But i like the idea, instead of bare numbers they could use low/sometimes/high(and other words im not creative enough for) chance and then when pressing key xy you see the extended tooltip with the actual rppm and what influences it etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Well that depends on player behavior.
    With acc. wide essences i would probably play more because i would finally play some alts..

- Remove the camera distance zoom limitation, it's atrocious and nobody asked for it to begin with.

- get rid of this "post cast auto readiness posture" (don't know how else to describe it) my toon falls into after every damn cast. It makes me puke on the screen every damn time

Not at all.

People are unsubbing due to the impossibility to play other char due to essence / etc gated in a too much convoluted way.

A new player that start to play now need to do EP for an essence and Rustbolt and Nazj rep for others.
    No way it will do this plus the current content
    Last edited by Dioporco; 2020-02-18 at 03:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    And you're making this list because?
    I wondered this as well.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Not at all.

People are unsubbing due to the impossibility to play other char due to essence / etc gated in a too much convoluted way.

A new player that start to play now need to do EP for an essence and Rustbolt and Nazj rep for others.
    No way it will do this plus the current content
    Good. The way Blizzard has it in place now would INCREASE time played metrics.

The more people that unsub, the more likely they'll change.

Good. The way Blizzard has it in place now would INCREASE time played metrics.

The more people that unsub, the more likely they'll change.
    That is quite the opposite.

Forcing people into old, irrelevant content is the best way to make people not play the game after reaching the "What Next?" point.

Not everybody are mythic raiders, rather. So all the people that do Normal/HC soon or later will get to the point when they have done pretty much everything they wanted on their main and probably want to try something new, so new classes? maybe pvp? maybe m+? or all of these togheter.

So they plan to level a new alt BUT they already knows that at 120 there will be the Essence/Rep wall, so they decide to scrap the idea and then they play their main or change game.

Sure, there is a % of players willing to grind again with their alt, but deeply inside we know that these are the same amount of players with Scarab Lord playing rn.

I love that you talk down mmoc community while asking to kzep it civil in this thread and then purposefully give a disdainful description for each point you raise.

keep it classy OP

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I love that you talk down mmoc community while asking to kzep it civil in this thread and then purposefully give a disdainful description for each point you raise.

keep it classy OP
    Mind to show where?

Pretty good list honestly.
    I agree with all these points, except a bit with Timewalking content. I think they should just go all out there and allow for Pandaria type of challenges with all dungeons with timewalking rules enabled.
    Let the reward be some cool transmog based on the expansions you manage to complete to Gold, as the challenge mode in Pandaria was one of the things I loved about that expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    imagine just playing the game. If you want everything handed to your new character just because you've done it before then there are plenty of single-player games that let you restart with all your progress intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    Pretty good list honestly.
    I agree with all these points, except a bit with Timewalking content. I think they should just go all out there and allow for Pandaria type of challenges with all dungeons with timewalking rules enabled.
    Let the reward be some cool transmog based on the expansions you manage to complete to Gold, as the challenge mode in Pandaria was one of the things I loved about that expansion.
    Oh nice feedback