Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I'd say the worse bit is you lose out on unique racials, mount, tabard, and starting zone spawn.
    What a shame, except those are not important enough, we will get those with new races, subraces should be just a option in the same race

Unless, they eventually (which I highly doubt) work on restructuring the entire character selection interface to one day you don't have different Dwarf boxes but you pick Dwarf and it takes you to a selection of different Dwarf types each with their own unique racials.

RPGs like Pillars of Eternity do this already, where you can pick different human/dwarf/elf/hobbit ethnicities and each of them get a few unique set of passives along with different looks.

So it is definitely possible, just unsure Blizzard would do it.
    this game is more mmo than rpg anyway, i will not lose the sleep knowing we will not get 2 different racials just because the subrace have a different color

Part of me thinks that this is a "feature" because there's a backlog of options because there are one or two guys in the art department who're related to someone important but aren't very good and they've been given many bullshit assignments like, "Go draw some Dwarf mustaches" and "Draw me 400 different Gnome noses" in order to get them to leave the important artists alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post
    What a shame, except those are not important enough, we will get those with new races, subraces should be just a option in the same race
    I mean everyone's "important" is different. Like I don't care particularly for pet battles but there's people who play solely for them.

this game is more mmo than rpg anyway, i will not lose the sleep knowing we will not get 2 different racials just because the subrace have a different color
    Nobody talked about losing sleep, fail hyperbole. It's more like "this would be cool if they did it" not "I can't play the game and go to sleep at night knowing what could've been".

I mean everyone's "important" is different. Like I don't care particularly for pet battles but there's people who play solely for them.
    i said a different color is not important enough to do that, when we could get with new races entirely

its not the perfect world, so sacrifices are made, we either waste the spot of allied races with new races or recolors, and i rather get new races that recolors just because they could get different racials while robbing the opportunity and the racial ideas from different races

i rather get new races that recolors just because they could get different racials while robbing the opportunity and the racial ideas from different races
    I think that's what most prefer too. People are just upset because certain races (LFD, Dark Iron, Mag'har, HMT, Void Elves, Mechagnomes - notice 4/6 are Alliance side) are recolors with unique racials yet it appears they will be stopping that going forward.

But the annoyance is that they're not going to fix up what they did to the existing Allied Races options. Just hamfist any new recolors into an existing one and call it a day.

I think that's what most prefer too. People are just upset because certain races (LFD, Dark Iron, Mag'har, HMT, Void Elves, Mechagnomes - notice 4/6 are Alliance side) are recolors with unique racials yet it appears they will be stopping that going forward.

But the annoyance is that they're not going to fix up what they did to the existing Allied Races options. Just hamfist any new recolors into an existing one and call it a day.
    i understand that, but im saying is better they fix the mistake stooping doing that, at least, and not keeping doing it just because they did before

i understand that, but im saying is better they fix the mistake stooping doing that, at least, and not keeping doing it just because they did before
    Oh definitely. I believe the person was just venting.

Straight up undead.... would be amazing if the Forsaken could get the (STRAIGHT BACKS) LIKE THE ORCS DID..... since the style of hunched back ruins alot of their looks...
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

I would like to see long beards for male NE and perhaps for all other races.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they should be an allied race, yes.

they're not culturally the same, sandfury aren't even the same genetically.

it completely invalidates all of the allied races that currently exist, except maybe zandalari, nightborne, and vulpera. it shows that the most of them could have just been skin options for the old races.
    You didn't think that they were before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

I get to create a Wildhammer Dwarf, that more than makes me happy

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    You didn't think that they were before?
    someone had explained it as maybe fitting, with the new starting experience. no longer being a darkspear/whatever, just a general member of the horde or alliance.

but i don't really feel it anymore. it's just wrong to do it this way.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    someone had explained it as maybe fitting, with the new starting experience. no longer being a darkspear/whatever, just a general member of the horde or alliance.

but i don't really feel it anymore. it's just wrong to do it this way.
    I get that your feels are in some way hurt by this but it does make sense and bizarrely and unsupported comments like the Sandfury being "genetically different" (the fuck does that even mean and citation needed - everyone who isn't a twin is "genetically different") or all the Allied races being potentially just reskins (no lol, less than half even arguably are) show you're making a irrational emotion-based complaint, not actually any kind of point that apies to anyone who isn't you.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2020-03-16 at 11:29 AM.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    I would looooove it if we could get a straight-back option for male Worgen as well.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Banner pending.
    Remember people, social media grandstanding does not replace a vote.