Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Reasoning for it?

So I see a lot of horde people calling valeera a traitor on the official forums, why do people think that is true? Because she is a Horde race?

5+ Year Old Account
    If you had had, say, a dwarf who has been working for Sylvanas since at least WotLK, you could really tell that he is a traitor, couldn't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Basically. Just because she is a Blood Elf means she needs to be loyal to the Horde. She was never aligned with the Horde though. She was raised with Varian in the Gladiators pit. So she was loyal to him

I blame Garithos. If that monkey was dropped on his head when he was born, High Elves (Blood elves) would still be part of the Alliance. God knows how would their path develop then... If Kael stayed in the Alliance and had help from humans (instead of nagas >>>> connected to Illidan)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they are wholly ignorant of her lore.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Considering she was sold like a slave by fellow Hordes only to be thrown into an arena as gladiator where she had to fight for her life to amuse the masses in Orgrimmar, the fact that she has ANY sympathy left for the Horde is astounding.

Valeera is quite clearly an agent of the House of Wrynn and thus an Alliance member, her race makes it tough to fit in though (something that also goes for the Void Elves now), so she sticks to the shadows and spends her time spying on the Horde where she can move pretty freely (if she changes out of her scarlet dress that is).
    At least some people in the Horde know of her allegiance though, most notably Baine, who asks her to bring a message to Jaina. But no, she is not a traitor to the Horde because she is not a member of the Horde.

But then, the Horde playerbase brands everyone that opposes the genocidal plans of their Warchiefs and strives for a future without war as a traitor. Nothing new there.

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    So I see a lot of horde people calling valeera a traitor on the official forums, why do people think that is true? Because she is a Horde race?
    Because they dont know lore.

Because some people mistake the race for the nation. Blood elves =/= Kingdom of Quel'thalas. Just like irl Human =/= American (random example). Valeera betrayed nobody, she is free to serve whoever she wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I blame Garithos. If that monkey was dropped on his head when he was born, High Elves (Blood elves) would still be part of the Alliance. God knows how would their path develop then... If Kael stayed in the Alliance and had help from humans (instead of nagas >>>> connected to Illidan)
    Maybe if Classic+ ever becomes a thing that's how it'll go.

In retail though they'll never go Alliance, no matter how much sense it makes now. The Horde is far too unstable and requires the mercy of the Alliance to continue existing, that's not somewhere the Blood Elves can recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Considering she was sold like a slave by fellow Hordes only to be thrown into an arena as gladiator where she had to fight for her life to amuse the masses in Orgrimmar, the fact that she has ANY sympathy left for the Horde is astounding.
    Varian's carbon copy Thrall story has way more issues with it than that....

Note that gladiator slave fighting pits only existed as part of Orgrimmar AFTER they wrote Varian's story

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Because some people mistake the race for the nation.
    Well recent story leader options don't help there. Gazlowe now Leading the Bilgewater Cartel and Voss on the Forsaken... pushed into their positions seemingly because they are a goblin and undead respectively... Gazlowe was historically neutral as leader of the Town of Ratchet while officially part of an entirely DIFFERENT cartel and prior to the BFA bullshit Voss was just another undead that left after waking up.

Valeera? She's just another Elf trophy for a human to keep around because an author thought every human figurehead needs an elf with them.

Because when it comes to Quel'dorei people conflate cultural identity, race and political affiliations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Because when it comes to Quel'dorei people conflate cultural identity, race and political affiliations.
    As others have pointed out, It's not limited to just Quel'dorei.

Why just the official forum? Here's a post from this one:
    Valeera is a traitor to the Horde. If she had even an ounce of respect, she would join the Horde now instead of being an Alliance bootlicker who don't even respect her.
    Which you should be familiar with because it was written by you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

What the actual fuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't know her lore and call her a traitor because she is a Horde race.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Oh WooooooW

10+ Year Old Account

Oh, hahaha! That is gold.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If I could post images or gifs of links... you sir would get an applause.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Because some people mistake the race for the nation. Blood elves =/= Kingdom of Quel'thalas.
    Watch me try to flood the suggestions threads with Alteraci Human for the Horde

10+ Year Old Account

If you go thru OP's post history + started threads... you will see he is a known troll. Some of his posts are well articulated, grammatically correct and conveys the point he is trying to make. The rest of the time is a garbled mess of letters with no point and asks the most basic and/or obscure questions nobody can answer.

I'm surprised people actually responded to this thread to be honest.