Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Weirdest customer complaint you personally taken?

What’s the weirdest or dumbest or funny customer complaint you’ve personally ever taken?

Back when I worked at a movie theater when I was 16, a woman came to me, I was an usher at the time she came to me to complain about a refund for the movie Dumb and Dumber. Her complaint was that the movie was making fun of children with autism. This was back in 1994.

I’d seen the movie never even thought that. I got her a manager and she got a refund.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2020-02-18 at 10:15 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    One summer when I was in high school I worked at the local theme park (Kings Island)... In particular I worked in a toy store in the 'Nickelodeon Universe' section of the park, basically just rides, attractions and stores associated with shows/characters from the Nickelodeon TV channel since the park was operated by Paramount and owned by CBS/Viacom at the time.

Anywho, some lady went absolutely ballistic that we didn't have shit from her kid's favorite cartoon for sale, a cartoon that wasn't even on Nickelodeon... Was the dumbest thing I ever saw, just some thirty-something year old woman throwing an absolute fit that we weren't selling Cartoon Network merchandise in our Nickelodeon store for 20+ minutes.

The number of idiots one encounters when working in pet retail, is astonishing.

But one of my favourite moments from working my first ever pet store-job, was the guy coming in wondering if we knew any good breeders of Camels. I thought he was joking at first, but luckily I contained my laughter because he was dead serious.

Impossible to name all the idiots one see working with customers. Like going insane over cars driving outside of the resturant disturbing her, yeah the place is right next to a main road, please just fuck off and go somewhere else.
    Do you hear the voices too?

A parent refused to get updates about her child's progress in school.

Then complained that the school didn't update her about her child.

That when I was a kid that I was "throwing the paper too loud" …..while I rode down the block on my bike.....

The best one I heard was this old man complained he could not walk down to the curb to get his newspaper because he was 71 and "handicapped" which we found out just meant lazy and old-ish......

....Turns out the delivery guy was 82 disabled vet, pacemaker, diabetes, COPD and a rod in his leg from a war...….

He knocked on the door at 4am and told the guy this was the only door delivery he was going to make and if he didn't like where his paper went he could shove it somewhere else....

the customer quit several days later, problem solved.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Very specific question. The weirdest complaint I personally took from a customer was when I was 17 working at Stater Bros. I just took lunch and was walking out of the store towards a local sandwich shop. As I'm walking along the path in front of the parking lot, four girls abruptly exit a small sedan. I glance over and they're all wearing bikinis. If I recall there was a tanning shop right next to the supermarket. I must have been glancing for all of 1 second, no joke, I would own it if I was gawking but I had just barely noticed them when one of them snapped her head towards me and gave me a very dark look. I turned away.

"What's wrong?" one of the girls asks her as I walk away.

"Nothing, we're not talking to the Albertsons boy", the owner of the dark glare replied.

She said Albertsons when I actually worked for Stater Bros., so joke's on her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worked at a credit card company.

Following calls occured in the same day, within an hour or so of each other.

"I want you to cancel my account! I hate Donald Trump and I learned that Linda Bean (CEO of a company we operated a credit card for) supports Donald Trump"

Apologized, transferred him to retention and moved on with my life.

A few minutes later:

"I want you to cancel my account! I found out your company is donating to the Democrat party and I refuse to be associated with them!"

So which is it? My company supports Republicans? Or Democrats? Or neither since it was a BRITISH bank?

Oh, another funny one. Woman called up upset because "some Mexican" at the post office was defacing the envelope her bill comes in. Oh and she was super racist about it but . . . not much we can do about some asshole (Mexican or not) at the post office defacing mail.
    Putin khuliyo

When I was a shift manager at a local dollar general a customer once called my district manager and told him I was puffing my chest out at her.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    While I was in the Army, at one time I worked in an historic compound that kept a variety of animals. People liked to feed them, but the deer got particularly pushy about it and there were signs all over the place warning that these were not domestic animals and the public should not feed them.

I worked in the OSJA. I was working late that day when a woman knocked on the door and announced very loudly and with great indignation (she didn't quite scream at me): "that RABBIT just BIT my BABY'S *FINGER*!" I looked at the kid, which showed no signs of harm -- so the Monty Python vorpal bunny hadn't leapt into her arms to gnaw on him.

Me: "Ma'am, this is a military installation and we ask that you follow posted instructions. There are signs all around the compound warning not to feed the animals. What was your baby's finger doing in that rabbit's face?"
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I had a call from a customer that her fax wasn't working. Told her to get a pen and paper for instructions. Gave her instructions. "Hang on. I'll just test it". A few seconds later "it didn't work". "That's because you have to hang up the phone first, or it won't work"

"My game I purchased doesn't work in the PS2".
    "Is the shiny side facing up or down?"
    "Up"
    "The disc is upside down"
    *In the background* "I told you mum"

"I've been looking everywhere and I can't find your refrigerators"
    "We have never sold them maam". Go next door"

"Next door has these items I purchased a week ago for cheaper"
    "I will give you a refund and you can go next door and buy them but I will not be giving you a discount"
    "Nevermind."

Just some of the non abusive interactions I've had. All women. At least they do t try to get physical like men
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    @munkeyinorbit You've done customer service involving this kind of thing. Where can I get a new cup holder for my computer? A lot of the new ones don't even have a cup holder, but I love 'em. Push the button, the tray slides out, and I'm ready for morning coffee.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I worked at a popular local grocery store/buffet and the one day while bringing carts in I had 2 old ladies demand to know why we were being sold to "The Chinese" the cafe in the store had a little Chinese buffet thing but yeah i don't know what they were on about

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    One summer when I was in high school I worked at the local theme park (Kings Island)... In particular I worked in a toy store in the 'Nickelodeon Universe' section of the park, basically just rides, attractions and stores associated with shows/characters from the Nickelodeon TV channel since the park was operated by Paramount and owned by CBS/Viacom at the time.

Anywho, some lady went absolutely ballistic that we didn't have shit from her kid's favorite cartoon for sale, a cartoon that wasn't even on Nickelodeon... Was the dumbest thing I ever saw, just some thirty-something year old woman throwing an absolute fit that we weren't selling Cartoon Network merchandise in our Nickelodeon store for 20+ minutes.
    Kings island is my favorite amusement park, the vortex was my first loop de loop roller coaster, and who doesn't love the beast!

I worked for a power/electric company when I was in college doing CS. A bad storm had rolled though the area and naturally power outages happened. Towards the end of the event I got a call by a man that was livid. Like.. I have never before or since spoke to someone on the phone so pissed. He explained to me that the power company had zero right to restore his electrical service and that us restoring his power was a purposeful attempt to run up his bill. It went on for about 20 minutes. The gentalmen even filed a lawsuit over it and lost. I was a called witness in the case.

It was a good life lesson. Some people are so dumb and wasteful that it totally ruins it for like 99% of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

I’d seen the movie never even thought that. I got her a manager and she got a refund.
    Prob not the weirdest complaint but weirdest thing that happened to me in customer service.

Worked at a Pizza place and we were slammed. Took a phone order and delivery was on our outskirts and we closed in 25 min. I told him sorry we are no longer taking delivery orders but they can come pick it up.

5 min after being closed, I'm ready to go so I called the guy to see if they were on the way

Customer said "I told the guy it was suppose to be delivery"

Me in a calm voice, "No sir, I was the one who took the order and I told you we were no longer doing delivery tonight and told you pick up was your only option"

"YOU CALLING ME A LIAR"

"No sir, I just believe there is a miss understanding"

(forgot what the customer had said back)

Me, "It's like this sir, I have your food here but I don't have any drivers to get it out to you, do you want it or not"

"NO!" (hanks up)

I give the 3 pizza's and the hot wings to my fellow employees to take home. I guess his old lady got pissy with him because he called back.

Customer "I will take them, I am on my way"

Me "No problem sir, I will be waiting"

I turn the lights off and lock the store up. I would bend over backwards to help any customer but if they are going to be a dick, fuck them.

My business primarily services fairly large companies, and we deal directly with their C-level executives and board members. To put this in context, I worked in retail for half a decade, so I've dealt with lots of difficult people. The wealthy people that run these companies are hands down the dumbest, most unprofessional, common sense illiterate, pointlessly demanding, self-righteous, self-centered morons on the planet.

Examples
    For a fifteen minute meeting across the country: "Having you call in makes me look bad, so I'm going to fly you out here."
    When discussing business opportunities in North Africa: "Are these zebra chasers really going to appreciate our products?"
    During a conversation about pricing across different countries: "I don't see the problem with this pricing model. The household income in Oman is low, but it can't be lower than $100k per year. That's nothing."

And this is why I laugh at the naive fools who think capitalism rewards hard work and intelligence.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I used to be a Apprentice Cheese maker to a local dairy farmer. On the weekends I would help sell Cheese, Butter at the Farmers Market, Christmas Market, with my Employer.

Had someone complain the Cheese was moldy. It was Blue Cheese.....
    Last edited by Kotuthan; 2020-02-19 at 02:32 PM.

I work for a company that sells copiers. I am a service technician that works on maintenance and repair of that equipment. Generally a digital copier will be supported by the manufacturer for about 8 years, plus or minus a year or so depending on release cycles. After that you usually star running into operating system incompatibility issues, like a copier being designed to run in a Win Xp/Server 2k environment but not working in a Win 7/Server 2012 R2 or higher environment.

About two years ago I got a call from a pastor that was donated a copier model that was put into service in 2004 and then discontinued in 2011, before I even started working in the industry, and wanted us to repair and refurbish it. He proceeded to be very verbally abusive when I told him that the copier was discontinued so long ago, and that we couldn't get parts or any support from the manufacture for it and that the most we could do was a surface cleaning.

Just because something is a $10,000 piece of a equipment when new doesn't mean that in a decade or more it is worth anything to anyone, or that anyone is interested in making parts to keep it around any longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kotuthan View Post
    I used to be a Apprentice Cheese maker to a local dairy farmer. On the weekends I would help sell Cheese, Butter at the Farmers Market, Christmas Market, with my Employer.

Had someone complain the Cheese was moldy. It was Blue Cheese.....
    That's hilarious.

My wife loves blue cheese.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

It's not exactly a complaint, but when I worked at Bed, Bath & Beyond for a summer job, I had to carefully convince some lady that these seafood and lobster forks would indeed also pick up crab meat.