Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How to deal with umbric in sw visions?

I was trying to do the sw vision on my rogue. I had not previously attempted umbric before so I decided to go there.

He teleports and starts casting the thing. With current affix you get slowed down to snail speed when trying to get to him. Then once I got to him, he immediately teleported to the opposite of the room and continued casting. I did not even have time to apply dots on him.

Only reason I ever got to kill him, it seems, was because instead of immediately teleporting to other side of the room by the time i reached him was because he started casting polymorph and I had time to reapply dots.

I spent most of my time trying to get across the room with the stacking debuff that slows you down. It was a huge sanity loss.

How is this supposed to be done? Help!

Umbric only teleports 3 times at specific health intervals, he doesn't just keep doing it over and over back to back unless you can't get to him in the ridiculous cast time of the frozen phase, something like 30 seconds. Literally just need to go stand in his melee range and stop it.

If you're Outlaw, just use Grappling Hook. And save your kick for Polymorph.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2020-02-19 at 11:19 AM.

Shadow step
    Sprint
    Cloak

Jumping to remove lead foot

These are your friends

Oh... it seems I only managed to always reduce his hp far enough to jump while I was getting to him. I'm playing assassination so I had dots on him. Should be playing outlaw for visions, I think, but I do not have very good outlaw weapons available. :/

Also... you cant shadowstep to him... at least I dont thnik you can. While casting the thing he is "behind" its effect. I could not use poisoned knife. It only gave me an error.

Cloak also did not seem to remove the slow stacks. Im not sure, if it prevents the stacking, though. I need to test this.

I'm not certain, but I think the slow stacks will only be removed standing still and not jumping? Please correct me on this one, if need be.
    Last edited by Morae; 2020-02-19 at 11:46 AM.

I mean I dont think you HAVE to be Outlaw but if you happened to be that's one way to get to him faster.

Also yeah he's clouded when casting so you can't target him with anything. Just need to go stand in his melee range to stop the phase.

Assassination seems to deal with single target situations quickly, but aoe which is often needed, is much slower than outlaw. Outlaw also seems to have more movement options. :/

"Leaden foot is a fun and interesting mechanic" - said no melee in the history of mankind

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    "Leaden foot is a fun and interesting mechanic" - said no melee in the history of mankind
    Welcome to the world of turret casters during the week where you randomly got thrown around every 10 seconds.

I know it's not very helpful for solo, but I do it with a friend. After dpsing him the middle, I go right (with hand of freedom and horsie) and my lock friend goes left. We each dps our sides.
    We did do it once with 3 people and the rogue (our third) was kinda stuck in the middle. Might have been because she didn't know what was going on (was there for the first time).

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    I mean, leaden foot sucks for casters too on Umbric, since he's obscured while channeling.

As soon as you get to him on one side, interrupt him and pull him back towards the middle while dpsing to lessen your run for the next teleport.

Outside of using your movement abilities, with leaden foot you basically shuffle slowly across the room. Get 6-8 stacks and then stop until the debuff falls off. Rinse and repeat until you are back in range.

When he casts polymorph, do not interrupt instantly. Delay it as long as possible for more DPS uptime on the boss.

So I learned today that if you stop moving the slow debuff will start to go away. That seems massively helpful to know for every class other than DH.

Other than that there's not much to say, he's far and away the longest fight in either of the visions and it isn't even close. Stay patient and make sure you avoid the frost blast things he shoots at you since they drain sanity. Definitely an annoying fight given that you're on a timer the whole time.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep your vessels for orgrimmar weeks
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Welcome to the world of turret casters during the week where you randomly got thrown around every 10 seconds.
    You know that affix is easy to control? It cant throw you if you DONT stop casting, you face where u want to jump and stop casting you get a cool dodge jump, if you get launched with that affix you are just bad

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Oh... it seems I only managed to always reduce his hp far enough to jump while I was getting to him. I'm playing assassination so I had dots on him. Should be playing outlaw for visions, I think, but I do not have very good outlaw weapons available. :/

Also... you cant shadowstep to him... at least I dont thnik you can. While casting the thing he is "behind" its effect. I could not use poisoned knife. It only gave me an error.

Cloak also did not seem to remove the slow stacks. Im not sure, if it prevents the stacking, though. I need to test this.

I'm not certain, but I think the slow stacks will only be removed standing still and not jumping? Please correct me on this one, if need be.
    Cloak removes your current stacks, but it doesn't prevent new ones from coming, even while it's still active. So it helps SOME, just not much. At least that's what I remember from last SW week, haven't done him this week yet, so I'm not absolutely certain on this.

As others already said, move in stages. Get to 8-10 stacks, stop to drop your stacks, move again. And, most important, once you stop his casting, start moving towards the middle asap, you will have much shorter distance to travel once he does his teleport again.

He's still annoying even if you do all that, just...slightly less annoying.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Pretty much this. SW sucks a fat D. I'm rank 11 now so at least I won't have to run anymore in 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Can't really do it this go-around. Need 4 for upgrade. Only 1 to use next week and you'll want to save it the rest for the upcoming weeks since you'll need 3, 6, and 9 runs. AFTER that, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Can't really do it this go-around. Need 4 for upgrade. Only 1 to use next week and you'll want to save it the rest for the upcoming weeks since you'll need 3, 6, and 9 runs. AFTER that, sure.
    Can't we just skip this week and keep the vessels for a double upgrade next week? (honest question, I don't wanna do 4 upgrades on SW on multiple characters this week). Even on my DH I hated slaying Umbric, I definitely don't want to do any serious run on SW this week.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    SW is a joke without masks anyway , other than that you can get double upgrade next week if it's that hard for you.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!